Megson - the Five Stages of Grief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please assess whereabouts you are in relation to Megson's appointment

I'm still at stage two.......

1. Denial
You are denying the reality of the siutation. You believe that this is merely a short term appointment whilst Mandaric waits for his 'real' target to become available. Or you believe that Megson has already agreed to move inot a Director of Football role at the end of the season, after grooming Taggart as the saviour of LCFC

2. Anger
This appointment is an absolute joke - possibly the worst in the club's recent history. You are already making your banners for Saturday: "We Love Martin Allen" and/or "Piss Off Ginger Flaps"
You have already said to someone "I am thinking about returning/burning/eating my season ticket"

3. Bargaining
Maybe it's all down to you - if you a deal with God/The Devil/Santa then it will all come good.
If you publicly announce your support for the useless Ginger Twat then you will see the renewed (WBA) Megson of old rather than the useless tosser whose tactical nouse amounts to kick and rush hoofball for twenty minutes, followed by ten men behind the ball if we manage to score a goal.
Maybe if you buy a ginger wig and wear in support of your team, then Taggart/Burrows/Stowell/Filbert Fox will be revealed as a tactical genius who takes control and leads the club to glory, leaving Copper Knob to simply sit there grinning inanely - rocking to and fro gently whilst saying "Wibble" every now and then.
It's down to you so 'Keep the Faith', 'We're In It Together', 'Foxes Never Quit' and 'One Team One Dream' - if you utter anything else then the inevitable doom and gloom will certainly follow

4. Depression
It's happened, and you know what's coming. You feel intensely sad, hopeless, drained and helpless. You are still turning up to games, but you feel isloated from what is happening on, and off, the pitch. It's like a never ending dream of falling from a great height into a great big bucket of shit - you can see where everything is heading but all you can do is flap helplessly as you head inevitably towards the stench

5. Acceptance
It's happened, time to move on into a new adapted lifestyle. You might miss the occasional match, and you don't wear your City shirt as often as you used to. The Ginger git is there, now, and you just don't feel the same way as you used to - but you just knuckle down and get on with being a fan in a whole new way.
You accept the reality of what is now around you (despite the fact that the team is about to get relegated). This is not a happy period for you, but it is distinguishable from the depression period in as much as you do not have it playing on your mind all day and every day. You don't sigh when you see the team sheet, and you don't complain/cry/rock backwards and forwards when you see every player camped in their own half for ninety per cent of every game.
It's a new dawn, it's a new day -you don't feel good, but it's all part and parcel of being a Leicester fan

so true. my mates still at 1. im at 3, sometimes

I've been getting texts from Forest and West Brom Fans ALL laughing at us, I'm struggling to find anyone who thinks Megson is a good manager - in fact quite the opposite.

Yes - this is a really poor appointment and very obviously shows that a) Milan had to scrape the barrel and b) was minded to bring in Taggart for PR purposes.

I notice that the Mercury feature has Cliff Ginnetta claiming that we should all back Milan's judgement on managerial appointments and also that City fans have a problem with Megson because he is ex-Forest.

The reality is that based on his track record that Milan's judgement about managers, directors of football etc is not particularly good. Also all but the childish don't have a problem with the fact that he once managed Forest, the real problem is that his managerial reign there was disastrous.

I remain a Milan supporter - because there is no alternative and the regime prior to Milan was absolutely hopeless - but I don't need my intelligence insulted by the leader of the Supporters Club saying that I have to go along with what looks like one of the worst appointments in the club's post war history.

Of course I may be wrong about Megson - time will tell.

"Mother, Mother, they're back!!!"
"Quick, put the knives and forks away son, and get the spoons out. Maybe they wont stay so long this time"

Yes - this is a really poor appointment and very obviously shows that a) Milan had to scrape the barrel and b) was minded to bring in Taggart for PR purposes.

I notice that the Mercury feature has Cliff Ginnetta claiming that we should all back Milan's judgement on managerial appointments and also that City fans have a problem with Megson because he is ex-Forest.

The reality is that based on his track record that Milan's judgement about managers, directors of football etc is not particularly good. Also all but the childish don't have a problem with the fact that he once managed Forest, the real problem is that his managerial reign there was disastrous.

I remain a Milan supporter - because there is no alternative and the regime prior to Milan was absolutely hopeless - but I don't need my intelligence insulted by the leader of the Supporters Club saying that I have to go along with what looks like one of the worst appointments in the club's post war history.

another get out of jail sentance :icon_conf

Hi everyone im tedfoxxx and im new. i thought this fcking ridiculous issue eould be a good place to get involved so here goes..... manny clearly wants a yes man and lets not forget milan is footballing royalty! anyone who doubts the man that saved lcfc isnt a true fan im afraid, just stick with the fella

At least you are big enough to say that. There's some on here who want to hang draw and quarter him before a ball is kicked by a team he has picked!

I am really fed with being told Milan saved the club crap
so did the previous chaps after admin.

he's doing this for a purpose which to my mind will become all to apparent when/if /sometime never we get into the prem,top dollar selling.

But what we dont want in the meantime is a topsy turvy
cack-handed egotist trying to be all things to all people,and ending up in a far worse mess than we were before, I dont know the ins and outs of what went wrong with the previous manager
All I know is I saw 2 games under his wing one was a bloody awfull and the other was bloody awful 45 mins followed by one of the best 45 mins seen down here for ages.

Yes....... I'm not in favour of Megson but I am also not in favour of 3 crap games and your gone

yeah i that is a good point pal, i loved allan to bits because had charisma and wasnt afraid to say whats on his mind, megson will be different but the meek will inherit the earth, its sounds to me like allan spoke his way out the door

ive actually heard that allen kicked off with someone in the tunnel at forest, manny insisted that it wasnt to do with football, but he apperently hit someone after the clarke stuff, make of it what you will and im not even sure its close to true but lets hope uncle milan had no choice, and hes not just being fickle

I've been getting texts from Forest and West Brom Fans ALL laughing at us, I'm struggling to find anyone who thinks Megson is a good manager - in fact quite the opposite.

I'm underwhelmed by this choice, but very intrigued at how WBA fans have such dislike for a man who got them promoted twice!

Last edited:
I'm underwhelmed by this choice, but very intrigued at how WBA fans have such dislike for a man who got them promoted twice!

A WBA fan whose footballing opinion I respect has said he turned West Brom into a top 6 Championship team when they looked destinted for a long very spell struggling in this division. Then in an incredible run of events, got them up and then up again. He's like a MON in terms of how the club has grew in expectation and stature.

All I know is I saw 2 games under his wing one was a bloody awfull and the other was bloody awful 45 mins followed by one of the best 45 mins seen down here for ages.

You just made me realise that everyone should stop feeling sorry for themselves, all I've seen is the Blackpool and Forest games. I've also missed 2 home games in the past year, both wins.
:icon_cry:

I am really fed with being told Milan saved the club crap
so did the previous chaps after admin.

he's doing this for a purpose which to my mind will become all to apparent when/if /sometime never we get into the prem,top dollar selling.

But what we dont want in the meantime is a topsy turvy
cack-handed egotist trying to be all things to all people,and ending up in a far worse mess than we were before, I dont know the ins and outs of what went wrong with the previous manager

Yes....... I'm not in favour of Megson but I am also not in favour of 3 crap games and your gone

All fair enough. I'm in a proper depression but there is a glint of hope - Mandaric will surely now realise that his treatment of MA merely left him with a choice of rejects and the completely useless. So maybe the manager after this will get a fair crack.

when WBA went up into the prem the chairman just sat back and openly said he wasn't going to give megson any money and they just wanted to enjoy a year in the top flight, he had to try and keep them up with hardly any financial backing

Quote Of The Day
"I'm not stupid, I know not everyone will be happy and thinking 'Oh great, Megson's here'" - At least Gary Megson is aware that nobody likes him.

I love this thread it is an excellent idea because over the past couple of days I have toyed with all of these emotions. I purposefully have not posted for two days though because I have been so angry.

This in my opinion is the worst possible appointment of a manager that I have ever had the misfortune of enduring. What a crock of horse shit from Milan. It leads me only to summarise that senile dementia must have kicked in.

This is just brainless IMO. A useless ginger advocate of defensive football.

f*cks sake!!!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:
In fact this website is the most depressing thing I have read in ages. I tried to pretend that the whole thing has not happened by just working hard and staying late at the office, but unfortunatley the weekend is here and tomorrow morning I am heading off up to Leicester to watch my club...

Only it doesn't feel good. It feels like I am going to a funeral for a very good friend.

I don't care if you string me up by my balls for this comment or if you want to throw crappy insults at me like I am not a good fan (incidentally I will drive for two hours tomorrow to go watch this ginger twat manage my team) but I will NEVER support or recognise this appointment and the first chance I actually do get to boo, moan, chant or call for this bastards head...I WILL!!

I don't care if you don't agree and I don't care if you think I am a bad fan. I just think this stinks!

Last edited:
I will NEVER support or recognise this appointment and the first chance I actually do get to boo, moan, chant or call for this bastards head...I WILL!!

Well let's just hope that we go on a winning streak that lasts all season so you don't get the chance you want :)

Course, if we lose at Wembley to Manure in the FA Cup final that'll give you the chance you had waited all season for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669