Megson - the Five Stages of Grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

Some years ago Leicester appointed a manager who all the pundits thought was brilliant. People talked about him being the next En gland manager. I thought he was a superb appointment. That was Peter Taylor and he turned out useless.
On the other hand Martin O'Neill seemed to be a silly nappointment. Even when we went up there were fans who thought he would take us back down again. He turned out to be Leicester's greatest manaager.
The point is that we should give Gary Megson time to show how good or bad he is. Meanwhile whoever the manager is we should support the team.

PFKAKTF FOX

Some years ago Leicester appointed a manager who all the pundits thought was brilliant. People talked about him being the next En gland manager. I thought he was a superb appointment. That was Peter Taylor and he turned out useless.
On the other hand Martin O'Neill seemed to be a silly nappointment. Even when we went up there were fans who thought he would take us back down again. He turned out to be Leicester's greatest manaager.
The point is that we should give Gary Megson time to show how good or bad he is. Meanwhile whoever the manager is we should support the team.

:038::038:

The Old Fox

Good post. I admit to wanting Taylor and being dubious about O'Neill. The problem is the force of public opinion against Megson is far greater. Look at the Northern Rock situation. Everything would have been OK but, the masses didn't have faith.
I really hope we beat Forest resoundingly tomorrow. Megson might then earn the time to prove himself.

newtonfox

so true :038::038::038:

teblin

Agreed, people around me on saturday wanted Megson to do badly thats just crazy.

Redditch Fox

Agreed, people around me on saturday wanted Megson to do badly thats just crazy.

Wasn't there (but anticipate punishing myself by attending most home games from this point on).

However, supporters have gut feelings about players and managers that are usually but not always more right than wrong.......Megson doesn't resonate with supporters' sense of a good appointment so it's going to be difficult for him.

We badly need stability...obviously, - but my take is that this appointment is going to be short term. Unless of course Milan decides to be stubborn and try to prove it wasn't another mistake.

Uncle Connolly

Clinging on to stage 3.

Stage 3 would be satisfied and I would happily move onto stage 5 (happy and content version) with a win on Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669