Megson - the Five Stages of Grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Please assess whereabouts you are in relation to Megson's appointment

I'm still at stage two.......

1. Denial
You are denying the reality of the siutation. You believe that this is merely a short term appointment whilst Mandaric waits for his 'real' target to become available. Or you believe that Megson has already agreed to move inot a Director of Football role at the end of the season, after grooming Taggart as the saviour of LCFC

2. Anger
This appointment is an absolute joke - possibly the worst in the club's recent history. You are already making your banners for Saturday: "We Love Martin Allen" and/or "Piss Off Ginger Flaps"
You have already said to someone "I am thinking about returning/burning/eating my season ticket"

3. Bargaining
Maybe it's all down to you - if you a deal with God/The Devil/Santa then it will all come good.
If you publicly announce your support for the useless Ginger Twat then you will see the renewed (WBA) Megson of old rather than the useless tosser whose tactical nouse amounts to kick and rush hoofball for twenty minutes, followed by ten men behind the ball if we manage to score a goal.
Maybe if you buy a ginger wig and wear in support of your team, then Taggart/Burrows/Stowell/Filbert Fox will be revealed as a tactical genius who takes control and leads the club to glory, leaving Copper Knob to simply sit there grinning inanely - rocking to and fro gently whilst saying "Wibble" every now and then.
It's down to you so 'Keep the Faith', 'We're In It Together', 'Foxes Never Quit' and 'One Team One Dream' - if you utter anything else then the inevitable doom and gloom will certainly follow

4. Depression
It's happened, and you know what's coming. You feel intensely sad, hopeless, drained and helpless. You are still turning up to games, but you feel isloated from what is happening on, and off, the pitch. It's like a never ending dream of falling from a great height into a great big bucket of shit - you can see where everything is heading but all you can do is flap helplessly as you head inevitably towards the stench

5. Acceptance
It's happened, time to move on into a new adapted lifestyle. You might miss the occasional match, and you don't wear your City shirt as often as you used to. The Ginger git is there, now, and you just don't feel the same way as you used to - but you just knuckle down and get on with being a fan in a whole new way.
You accept the reality of what is now around you (despite the fact that the team is about to get relegated). This is not a happy period for you, but it is distinguishable from the depression period in as much as you do not have it playing on your mind all day and every day. You don't sigh when you see the team sheet, and you don't complain/cry/rock backwards and forwards when you see every player camped in their own half for ninety per cent of every game.
It's a new dawn, it's a new day -you don't feel good, but it's all part and parcel of being a Leicester fan

Last edited:
I'm No. 5

Although i disagree with some parts of it.

It has happened. I have been wrong about managers before: I didn't boo him, but I didn't want MON. Megson wouldn't have been my choice but now let us get behind him.
If it works out, great, proves again that I know nothing and, if it doesn't,let's be honest, Milan doesn't have a reputation for patience!

I think it is all bollox.

I am at stage 6 - Not the appointment I would have chosen but will reserve judgement until the poor fecker has at least had the chance to have a go.

5 mostly...

actually I am more inclined to be at 6 with A-Z...

Last edited:
Somwhere between Stages 1 and 2. :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673