Injury News Mendy Out For Another 4-5 Weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kanté "replacement" never had a chance. Perhaps next year he can be the "King" replacement.

Watched him quite a bit for Monaco last season and he was truly a very good player.

He didn't play for Monaco last season.

Sorry. Nice, I would have seen him play for Monaco too, a few years back, but can't really remember him.

...Perhaps next year he can be the "King" replacement.....
From what we've seen of him so far, this is about the best we can hope for. With or without injury he has been a pretty hopeless signing thus far.

What a load of tosh
No, you're right. He's been excellent value. All that time on the treatment table and the bench and then, when fit, running around completely irrespective of his zonal position giving away countless fouls and providing next to nothing in the way of goals or assists has been money well spent.

Possibly I'm not ready to write him off as quick as others are.
I prefaced my point with ' From what we have seen of him so far....'. I haven't written him off, I'm just not at all excited by the prospect of him yet from what we have seen or, rather, not seen thus far. That's fair enough isn't it?

I prefaced my point with ' From what we have seen of him so far....'. I haven't written him off, I'm just not at all excited by the prospect of him yet from what we have seen or, rather, not seen thus far. That's fair enough isn't it?

Again negativity about a new player who hasn't had a chance to play. Yet if anyone says "From what we've seen of him this year..." about Mahrez it's WWIII.

Again negativity about a new player who hasn't had a chance to play. Yet if anyone says "From what we've seen of him this year..." about Mahrez it's WWIII.
That's because we saw something fabulous from Mahrez last year. Are you on drugs?

Why can't it be said that he hasn't shown anything yet? He hasn't. He may be a wonderful player but there's absolutely nothing that has suggested this yet. We've already seen it from Mahrez. What a bizarre comparison.

Is this another one of your 'notice me' posts?

Fair to say none of us have seen enough to make a fair judgment on him. He clearly was rated at Nice and we spent a shed load on him.

I really hope he gets fit in the summer and we get a good look at him next year.

we wanted him when Pearson and Walsh were here that's enough for me to say keep him and see what he's like next season

Fair to say none of us have seen enough to make a fair judgment on him. He clearly was rated at Nice and we spent a shed load on him.

I really hope he gets fit in the summer and we get a good look at him next year.
Absolutely. I was just making a point about what we had seen of him and the value we had got out of him so far. I hadn't suggested he couldn't get better or that we should get rid of him. Then FIF replied in his normal presumptuous way......yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757