Confirmed Transfer Michael Ball leaves by mutual consent

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot about "the Iranian Gary Neville."

I'd add Patrick van Aanholt too, didn't rate him at all, decent going forward, but awful defensively.

You're right though, our record with full-backs in recent times has been godawful.

Canero, Kenton, Maybury, Makin, Curtis, Rogers, Mattock, McGivern, Neilson, Pantsil, Lamey, Ball, Clapham, Brevett, Gilbert.

Had some cracking full-backs in the past ten years.

I remember Mattock having a decent game

... once.

I remember Mattock having a decent game ... once.

Well Alan Rogers was more or less ever present at LB in 2002/3 when we amassed 92 points. Strangely, I never remember him having a decent game, though the old grey cells are not what they once were and standards have declined.

Well Alan Rogers was more or less ever present at LB in 2002/3 when we amassed 92 points. Strangely, I never remember him having a decent game, though the old grey cells are not what they once were and standards have declined.

The only good memory I have of Alan Rogers was when he overlapped (I say overlapped, the pace of the move was glacial) Jordan Stewart. A chap stood up behind we and screamed "WELEASE WOGERS!!!" And that wasn't even that funny......

Last edited:
I seem to remember Rogers having a good game in the opening game of that season/the opening competitive game at the Walkers/KPS vs Watford.

My best memory of Alan Rogers was when he got pelted with Boost bars in the second half against Forest. They were thrown in the crowd at half time but I'm pretty sure that at least half of them ended up back on the pitch via some part of Rogers' mass!!

You forgot about "the Iranian Gary Neville."

There's also James Chambers and Alan Sheehan. I did think Sheehan was promising at one point but that may just have been because I was younger and didn't know anything about football.

Last edited:
Mark Edworthy is another.

Also, apparently Darren Kenton made 49 appearances for us. I had him down as playing about 6 games, suppose that shows how forgettable he was.

Mark Edworthy is another.

Also, apparently Darren Kenton made 49 appearances for us. I had him down as playing about 6 games, suppose that shows how forgettable he was.

One of the several thousand right backs that graced our squad between 2006 and 2008. He used to play centre mid a lot too.

I Remember Rogers being decent and thought a lot of the abuse he got was unfair.

I Was also sad to see Mattock go, he was inconsistant, but that was to be expected at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669