Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this doesn't necessarily mean we won't get Fernandes as well, they're different types of midfielders. Fernandes is more of a holding player.

Yeah, but that will leave us with King, Wellens, Abe, Danns, Fernandes, Johnson, Oakley & Moussa. Seems a bit excessive to me...

Especially when there are other areas which require strengthening.

If Fernandes improves the team and is better than the likes of King, Abe, Wellens etc. then I don't see a problem with it.

If Fernandes improves the team and is better than the likes of King, Abe, Wellens etc. then I don't see a problem with it.

Especially seeing as Oakley and Moussa won't be near the first team this year. Isn't Johnson an out and out winger anyway?

Ritchie Wellens is a likeable player as he likes to get stuck in,what lets him down is his passing and lack of goals.

Especially seeing as Oakley and Moussa won't be near the first team this year. Isn't Johnson an out and out winger anyway?

Definitely a central midfielder. Unlikely, but maybe you're thinking of Adam Johnson?

Ritchie Wellens is a likeable player as he likes to get stuck in,what lets him down is his passing and lack of goals.

I've often thought that his lack of goals is what always let Berner down. As for his passing, Wellens is probably second only to Gallagher for his technical skill when passing.

I think Wellens on his day can be like Andrea Pirlo spraying perfect passes all day and running the game from deep, but I've always found him very erratic and inconsistant, far more so than King or Gallagher, who seem to get a lot more criticism for inconsistency in general.

I've never quite gotten this "gets stuck in" thing so many fans cite either. I've never really noticed him actually be a very physical player or a good ball winner and if anything I find he gets pushed off the ball too easily at times. I've always wondered whether I was just missing it or his loud mouth/shouting at everyone for making a mistake give him more of a hardman/physical type of image than he actually has in reality.

I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm watching different players to other people.

Last edited:
I think Wellens on his day can be like Andrea Pirlo spraying perfect passes all day and running the game from deep, but I've always found him very erratic and inconsistant, far more so than King or Gallagher, who seem to get a lot more criticism for inconsistency in general.

I've never quite gotten this "gets stuck in" thing so many fans cite either. I've never really noticed him actually be a very physical player or a good ball winner and if anything I find he gets pushed off the ball too easily at times. I've always wondered whether I was just missing it or his loud mouth/shouting at everyone for making a mistake give him more of a hardman/physical type of image than he actually has in reality.

I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm watching different players to other people.
Sounds like you're watching the same Wellens as me. The shouting at other people for his own mistakes is infuriating.

Sounds like you're watching the same Wellens as me. The shouting at other people for his own mistakes is infuriating.

Agreed, some matches he can be brilliant but more often than not he annoys me with his needless 'wonder' passes that don't come off that often.

Something he sort of makes up for by winning a free-kick 90% of the time.
Agreed, some matches he can be brilliant but more often than not he annoys me with his needless 'wonder' passes that don't come off that often.
You need players like that in the side, especially with our slow build-up play. Having people like Wellens and Gallagher in there who are willing to take a risk will make the difference for us.

According to RL this morning LCFC will announce the 'signing' of MJ within 24 hours? Did not say if loan or perm.

Really talented midfielder, of the Mark Davies ilk, as long as we can keep him fit and injury free then this player will explode the Championship. Arguably one of the best signings we have made this summer if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669