Milan and DJ Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe, depends how protracted the negotiations were I guess.

It has always seemed as if we had personal terms agreed with him, just that our bid wasn't high enough to begin with. We since upped that bid and indications were that it was enough and that DJ would be unveiled v.soon, however there have since been further delays and very little said about them, IMO this delay is DJ talking to other clubs who have now come in for him after we have taken so long to sort it out, and also IMO it is has gone on too long now and DJ will not be an LCFC player next season.

If he is going for £2mill then I think it is too much and would not be to downhearted if he were to sign for Watford for that fee.

It has always seemed as if we had personal terms agreed with him, just that our bid wasn't high enough to begin with. We since upped that bid and indications were that it was enough and that DJ would be unveiled v.soon, however there have since been further delays and very little said about them, IMO this delay is DJ talking to other clubs who have now come in for him after we have taken so long to sort it out, and also IMO it is has gone on too long now and DJ will not be an LCFC player next season.

If he is going for £2mill then I think it is too much and would not be to downhearted if he were to sign for Watford for that fee.

I personally dont think we have ever agreed a fee with Birmingham for him. I think thats the sticking point and we are possibly in a stand-off situation currently.

I personally dont think we have ever agreed a fee with Birmingham for him. I think thats the sticking point and we are possibly in a stand-off situation currently.

I think we did, but since, teams with cash like Cardiff and Watford have come in with higher bids and we are unwilling to stump up the same as them. So yeah, currently in a stand-off! :)

As I say, IMO £2mill is too much for DJ. Would rather it be spent elsewhere.

Last edited:
we could do with rn or bh to see if they know anything rn seems to have been on the ball with a lot of things lately

At the end of the day does it really matter i trust our new owner and manager so if we miss out on dj campbell i'm sure that we will sign somebody else just as good if its a striker MA wants i'm sure it'll be a striker MA gets. MM put it well yesterday whilst speaking about robbie fowler he was asked if fowler would come here he replied "depends what ambition he has" that to me sounds like a player is just a player and there is plenty of them and none are bigger than the football club if campbell wants to sign for someone else then good luck to him i'm sure we will cope without him and if he signs for us then good.

Maybe other teams have come in with offers more in Birminghams favour but DJ wants to come here and is sticking his feet in over the transfer in the hope it forces Brum' accept ours. :icon_wink

Maybe other teams have come in with offers more in Birminghams favour but DJ wants to come here and is sticking his feet in over the transfer in the hope it forces Brum' accept ours. :icon_wink

could be right if he wants to team up with Clemence again (& MA who he's worked for before). I suspect that initially the stalling was Karen Brady, who's in charge of day to day negotiations, trying to get a higher price. Once other clubs started sniffing MM has had to sanction going higher - but we are probably at the sticking point now where they have our final offer.
We might be being gazumped by the likes of Charlton. Just wait and see & hope. But like someone said, if we don't get him then someone will become available eventually.

Last edited:
Reports around this morning that DJC will join Watford today/tomorrow as he favours a move back down south.

I know it's probably been said before, but I'm getting a little peed off with the fact, we so desperately need a 'high profile/proven' striker, and it appears that we're getting knocked back for one reason or the other, and it's hard to know why, when 11 others have joined.

Saganowski/Fowler/DJ - MM/MA have publicly said were in for these players, and although Fowler/DJ haven't signed elsewhere (yet), it looks like were going to miss out. I have to start asking myself is it something the club are doing wrong with this particular position they are trying to fill or is it just that they genuinely don't want to come. I suppose we'l never know.

I know it's probably been said before, but I'm getting a little peed off with the fact, we so desperately need a 'high profile/proven' striker, and it appears that we're getting knocked back for one reason or the other, and it's hard to know why, when 11 others have joined.

Saganowski/Fowler/DJ - MM/MA have publicly said were in for these players, and although Fowler/DJ haven't signed elsewhere (yet), it looks like were going to miss out. I have to start asking myself is it something the club are doing wrong with this particular position they are trying to fill or is it just that they genuinely don't want to come. I suppose we'l never know.

I just think that clubs like Watford, Charlton and Southampton (the clubs our target have chosen) are still considered more likely to get back to Prem than us, we are still an unknown quantity. If we can finish top 10 this season then next summer the "bigger" players will come.

Edit: Though I still think 2m for DJ is a bit steep

Last edited:
I just think that clubs like Watford, Charlton and Southampton (the clubs our target have chosen) are still considered more likely to get back to Prem than us, we are still an unknown quantity. If we can finish top 10 this season then next summer the "bigger" players will come.

Edit: Though I still think 2m for DJ is a bit steep

If we are doing well enough we could attract a better quality striker in January

Look at our performances over the last few years. As far as the high profile players are concerned, we are relegation material and it will do nothing to further their careers to come to a club and have to fight relegation. Depressing I know, but that's the reality of it.

Saganowski turned us down because he knew southampton having played there las t season,fowler hasnt gone anywhere yet because i would think he is waiting on a prem offer,job fell through because we couldnt agree a fee with his club,hendrie is waiting for a prem club and dj apparently wants to move back south all of which do not sound like lcfc doing anything wrong

Also, the only of those that we know weren't PR are DJ and Job. So losing out on 2 players but getting 11 isn't too bad going.

We got Clemence here. I regard him as high profile/proven player. It may just be money, unless they regard MA as too much like a drill sergeant when it comes to training when they might prefer a pussy cat!!

People assume because players have worked with managers they want to again!not always true .or maybe MA fancies Izale and Fowler more (in reality probably wants to move nearer home)

I'm not surprised DJ wants to move south, in fact I suspected as much. Watford and Charlton are going to be more appealing to a player that has just missed out on playing in The Premiership too so let them slug it out for him. It's a shame as I think he would have been a good addition to the squad, however I do feel that he was overvalued and I'm glad that we aren't going to pay over the odds as a result of a bidding war.

One good thing is that Milan doesn't sit around for long and I would bet that by this time next week we will be in talks with another striker and DJ will be but a distant memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Chelsea613
4Liverpool512
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69