Milan Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they are speaking for themselves... which is a contradiction to what is written further down when they say they are neutral until a bid is received...

or even in the same sentence....;)

Quote from MM in Sky sports website
"We're trying to come close to concluding within several days," said Mandaric. "I'd like it to happen then.

"I'm not interested in keeping Leicester at the level the club is now. My aim is to go back to the Premiership and nothing less than that.

"This club belongs nowhere, but the Premiership. I want to elevate the club and bring it to the level the fans deserve.

"I have a very ambitious plan and will do everything humanly possible to fulfil my plans.

"I wouldn't want to get involved, if I wasn't going to do a proper job."

That's also typical hype from a master of the media SJN. Although, I'm all for seeing what he can do for the club.

Surprised MHS had a hand free to shake with, what with all the food he was carrying.

I only had a Burger King, a half pound cheeseburger and a Pizza yesterday....

You washed your hands yet?

Yeah, got loads of oil on 'em last night sorting my bike out.

he lives in braunstone and its not christmas yet so Im guessing not.:icon_wink

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Or they are speaking for themselves... which is a contradiction to what is written further down when they say they are neutral until a bid is received...

So what is it?

Any notion that the Trust has been neutral is absurd.

If the MM takeover fails - I think that people will know where the blame will rest.

like the Foxes Trust could stop it? please!:icon_lol:

Hold on - let's try to be slightly adult for a moment.

Any fool knows that it isn't a question of the FT having sufficient shares to stop it. That is not the point...and I think you know that.

The FT leadership is scared to come out and say look we are working to subvert this takeover...because of the comeback from its own rank and file and elsewhere. What is has consistently done is to create negative vibes and a climate of suspicion.

It's obvious that the club is crying out for a big change. It's also clear that there are few football minded people with a bit of wherewithal and willing to take responsibility. Certainly that unwillingness applies to the individual currently in and around Leicester City. And I don't blame them....why should they want to take on such a risky agenda. But the big issue is the current lack of leadership...as well as cash - and I think most people know in their guts that this is the best opportunity that is likely to occur. And the FT is not being helpful...because of its own positioning interests.

Any fool knows that it isn't a question of the FT having sufficient shares to stop it. That is not the point...and I think you know that.

The FT leadership is scared to come out and say look we are working to subvert this takeover...because of the comeback from its own rank and file and elsewhere. What is has consistently done is to create negative vibes and a climate of suspicion.

It's obvious that the club is crying out for a big change. It's also clear that there are few football minded people with a bit of wherewithal and willing to take responsibility. Certainly that unwillingness applies to the individual currently in and around Leicester City. And I don't blame them....why should they want to take on such a risky agenda. But the big issue is the current lack of leadership...as well as cash - and I think most people know in their guts that this is the best opportunity that is likely to occur. And the FT is not being helpful...because of its own positioning interests.

They are looking after number 1 in this case. Trying to keep hold of at least one share I read somewhere..... tossers the lot of em

Any notion that the Trust has been neutral is absurd.

If the MM takeover fails - I think that people will know where the blame will rest.

Well I haven't seen anything to suggest they are against it. Just because they don't jump on the Milan bandwagon doesn't mean they are against it.

Well I haven't seen anything to suggest they are against it. Just because they don't jump on the Milan bandwagon doesn't mean they are against it.

Actually, it pretty much does. I really don't think you can sit on the fence about something that could/will change the club this much

You could have started then, but since you didn't...

Look, the FT is generally for this. It may have been since the board said they were for it, it may have been since they were cosied up to by MM but, unless MM comes out with something more bizarre, they're going to recommend to their members that they give their approval to the bid.

Actually, it pretty much does. I really don't think you can sit on the fence about something that could/will change the club this much

Bollox.

How about instead of thinking that anyone who doesn't scream their support is against it, think instead, "If you're not against it, you're for it."

You could have started then, but since you didn't...

Look, the FT is generally for this. It may have been since the board said they were for it, it may have been since they were cosied up to by MM but, unless MM comes out with something more bizarre, they're going to recommend to their members that they give their approval to the bid.

I do hope you are right because if all this comes to nothing we are going to be into not only a major blame seeking situation but also a depression that is going to hit the club very badly.

At the end of the day, hopefully all of us want to see Leicester City on the up....and in my opinion people like those running the FT want to look at themselves very closely to make sure that it's LCFC's interests as a football club that come first rather than their own power seeking/ preservation.

I do hope you are right because if all this comes to nothing we are going to be into not only a major blame seeking situation but also a depression that is going to hit the club very badly.

At the end of the day, hopefully all of us want to see Leicester City on the up....and in my opinion people like those running the FT want to look at themselves very closely to make sure that it's LCFC's interests as a football club that come first rather than their own power seeking/ preservation.

The trust have said that in eary talks with a MM representative they were told they could keep their position. If that is the case why would they be against it, if as you say they are only interested in their positions.

The question the trust needs to answer is...

If MM does not now wish the Trust to stay in its place on the board, would they reject his bid. Even if everything else is in order with the bid?

The question the trust needs to answer is...

If MM does not now wish the Trust to stay in its place on the board, would they reject his bid. Even if everything else is in order with the bid?

Simple answer to that one, no we wouldn't reject on that basis.

Our comments were not against the bid, just raising questions in contrast with the Mercury coverage which had failed to do so until publishing our interview.

Our decision as to whether to back the bid will be made based on the content of the final bid and equally the consequences of not proceeding with the takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69