Milan says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Argus, good to have you.

I thought what he actually said was,

"I am not able to take this money back to America so I may as well put it in the right place and that is nowhere better than the Alliance and Leicester," :icon_bigg

RK, may be given a chance but he will need to improve things quickly.
Curbishley, no chance.
Dowie, maybe.

Ok guys be gentle with me as this is my first post...been a follower since 1959
great to read all your posts which I have been doing for quite a while,been through the highs and lows of last season,which seem to have continued into this season...just a quick suggestion..When MM is installed properly...what about Allan Curbishly as a possible manager,but lets not forget the good work that RK has done

:039:

Why would people want Dowie? He had a good first season at Palace, but to me that's it. Crap at Charlton.

Having predicted that MM would be in by Xmas ages ago, I'll stick my neck out and say that, if RK gets the boot, as I think he will, it might well end up being Curbishley...

He wants a "new challenge" which is probably not going to be taking over a middling Prem club. He won't get any really big clubs asking, he's said he would take the right job outside the Prem, and when they were first promoted all he wanted to do was to "do a Leicester". He could have the chance to "do a Charlton" here! :)

Let's be honest, we have a good a chance as anyone of getting curbs as any one else. He said himself he wouldn't mind dropping down a division. Leicester are a huge club with massive potential. Nice ground, excellent training facilities and now potentially a new owner who is willing to invest in team and has premiership aspirations. If you look at it in that light then we are a very attractive option

then again mm could end up appointing that weird guy who was at pompey with the flatcap!

Let's be honest, we have a good a chance as anyone of getting curbs as any one else. He said himself he wouldn't mind dropping down a division. Leicester are a huge club with massive potential. Nice ground, excellent training facilities and now potentially a new owner who is willing to invest in team and has premiership aspirations. If you look at it in that light then we are a very attractive option

then again mm could end up appointing that weird guy who was at pompey with the flatcap!

We aren't really, though, are we ? Be honest

Sadly, he wouldn't come here in a squillion light years, I'm afraid

Pity

ok then big club.

If he has said he would drop down a division as long as the club has potential then a can't think of too many more who would fit the bill apart from us.

This is all in hindsight of course as we need mm to seal the deal first and him to want somebody apart from RK

One thing is for certain ... we do have massive potential.

Why would people want Dowie? He had a good first season at Palace, but to me that's it. Crap at Charlton.
exactly-hes been in the premiership twice and has got one team relegated and has set the other one well on the way-people for some reason think dowie is a great manager but bryan robson is a shite manager-despite the fact he kept WBA up-(imo there both awful!)

I think that it would not be a bad idea to get rid of RK. I don't think that he is good enough at this level. This season he has made some very odd choices and poor substitutions. We also don't have the quality in the team to carry players ie Fryatt. And I don't think that the setup of the team is such that they will win matches, i think that it is just setup so we try and not lose matches. Rk has been the coach for a while and the players have been going backwards in terms of developement.

Welcome aboard Argus:039:
Don't think Curbs will come here but if things turn sour for Pardew @ West Ham he could be enticed to Leicester but IMO I think RK will be given until the end of the season whether it be Mandaric at the helm or some other invester.

Sven is still out of a job we might as well link him with the leicester position that isnt even vacant yet! FFS

I think we'll get a director of football in, which happened at Portsmouth when Harry wasn't around.
i think Mandaric can tell the difference between a really good coach, and an astute judge of players.
Harry Redknapp happens to be both of these after putting together a team of other peoples leftoversL Mendes, Davis, Kanu, Campbell, Johnson, James, Primus, D'Allesandro, Fernandes (the list goes on) but i think we can all see that Rob Kelly is not this type of man.
Mandaric IMO will choose a high profile director of football to liaise with RK over who comes in, and act as a bit of a 'big name' added incentive for players to come over. He'll probably sell it to RK as 'taking some of the weight off his shoulders and letting him do what he does best', whilst still holding on to the title of manager.
Obviously if RK then fails to perform we'll have an experienced head on the payroll to take over the reins.....
If only this had happened this time last season when Mandaric first sold Portsmouth to Gaydamark. We'd have Martin O'neill back by now..............along with Petrov, Sutton, Lennon and a few others.
nuts..

I think we'll get a director of football in, which happened at Portsmouth when Harry wasn't around.
i think Mandaric can tell the difference between a really good coach, and an astute judge of players.
He'll probably sell it to RK as 'taking some of the weight off his shoulders and letting him do what he does best', whilst still holding on to the title of manager.
Obviously if RK then fails to perform we'll have an experienced head on the payroll to take over the reins.....

(QUOTE]

I think there might be one or two people that are cruel and realistic to notice that we are 18th in the table after 18 games - which is obviously a fair reflection of what we are worth; alsp, that after a bright start on taking over, that RK is stuck more or less at where he took over; that we are going nowhere......if MM takes over - and it's still an if - then I would have thought that he would be hard enough to let RK go...not mess around with a so-called director of football ..and get down to turning Leicester City, playing wise, into something resembling a viable football club again.

He'll probably sell it to RK as 'taking some of the weight off his shoulders and letting him do what he does best', whilst still holding on to the title of manager.

(QUOTE]

I think there might be one or two people that are cruel and realistic to notice that we are 18th in the table after 18 games - which is obviously a fair reflection of what we are worth; alsp, that after a bright start on taking over, that RK is stuck more or less at where he took over; that we are going nowhere......if MM takes over - and it's still an if - then I would have thought that he would be hard enough to let RK go...not mess around with a so-called director of football ..and get down to turning Leicester City, playing wise, into something resembling a viable football club again.

RK has done a decent job imo, but its been without risk. I'm not sure that entrusting him with a good transfer budget is a good idea, and we certainly don't want someone squandering money like Peter Taylor did. Imo if MM gets in then the managerial question will probaly be the most important decision the club will have to make in a long time. Its crucial they get it right!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570