Milan says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll get a director of football in, which happened at Portsmouth when Harry wasn't around.
i think Mandaric can tell the difference between a really good coach, and an astute judge of players.

Mandaric IMO will choose a high profile director of football to liaise with RK over who comes in, and act as a bit of a 'big name' added incentive for players to come over. He'll probably sell it to RK as 'taking some of the weight off his shoulders and letting him do what he does best', whilst still holding on to the title of manager.
Obviously if RK then fails to perform we'll have an experienced head on the payroll to take over the reins.....

I think you may well be right. As someone who likes to run a tight ship he is likely to put someone in to oversee proposals & any wheeling & dealingregardless of who is manager.

Mandaric IMO will choose a high profile director of football to liaise with RK over who comes in, and act as a bit of a 'big name' added incentive for players to come over. He'll probably sell it to RK as 'taking some of the weight off his shoulders and letting him do what he does best', whilst still holding on to the title of manager.
Obviously if RK then fails to perform we'll have an experienced head on the payroll to take over the reins.....
i think you've got that pretty much spot on sparky :038:

I think we'll get a director of football in, which happened at Portsmouth when Harry wasn't around.
i think Mandaric can tell the difference between a really good coach, and an astute judge of players.

Director of football is a waste of space appointment. You end up with some old has-been like Bassett or Pleat or somebody who undermines the authority of the manager you have got. Examples please of where Director of Football has worked in English football.

Director of football is a waste of space appointment. You end up with some old has-been like Bassett or Pleat or somebody who undermines the authority of the manager you have got. Examples please of where Director of Football has worked in English football.

The season we got promoted and broke our record for points in a season:icon_lol:

oh no i agree with you. the director of football role is a terrible idea. i just think he'll use it as a means of squeezing kelly out. he's done it before, he may do it again

Football is a business, and a fecking big business at that. MM is coming in here to make a shit load of money, not make friends or start up a social club. Nice guys don't win. MM isn't RKs friend, he probably never heard of him until of late.

RK has proven nothing other than he is a nice guy and cares about City, why would MM keep him?. He has no track record and MM doesn't want to hang about while people "gel". I'd be amazed if RK lasts more than 5 matches without being moved on.

The season we got promoted and broke our record for points in a season:icon_lol:

The same one who was in place the following season and a half and spotted all those promising youngsters associated with the Adams/Bassett era by any chance!

Football is a business, and a fecking big business at that. MM is coming in here to make a shit load of money, not make friends or start up a social club. Nice guys don't win. MM isn't RKs friend, he probably never heard of him until of late.

RK has proven nothing other than he is a nice guy and cares about City, why would MM keep him?. He has no track record and MM doesn't want to hang about while people "gel". I'd be amazed if RK lasts more than 5 matches without being moved on.

Exactly.

Most people find it hard to be critical of RK because:

- he's a nice guy; he didn't even seem to want the job that much
- we've had a succession of managers who haven't been that good - so we are reticent about having a go another one
- he started off really well
- he's inherited about as bad a squad as any City manager as had to make do with.

However, none of the above qualifies him as a manager who is likely to bring success with added investment. As you say Melton, he has no track record (we are back to where we started in terms of league position) and, in particular, there is nothing positive to indicate that he would be a good judge of players to bring in.

I doubt if there will be massive changes initially in the squad.... it's hardly practical in January is it? but it does seem to make sense to try to bring in the bloke who is going to be responsible for leading a future promotion challenge- so I agree, RK will be moved on or moved out pretty quickly.

I have to say that I don't like how quiet everything has gone on the takeover front. Has the due diligence process started? Is Milan really serious about buying this club or is Wolves on his mind?

The only noises coming from the club are those of Rob Kelly who just wants to know what the hell is happening. Join the club Rob, we would all like to know.

What the **** is going on?:102:

Anyone? This is indeed a plea to anyone with any kind of 'insider' knowledge, even if the very most you can say is that Milan is at least still remotely interested.

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't like how quiet everything has gone on the takeover front. Has the due diligence process started? Is Milan really serious about buying this club or is Wolves on his mind?

The only noises coming from the club are those of Rob Kelly who just wants to know what the hell is happening. Join the club Rob, we would all like to know.

In the immortal words of Malf
Chill yer beans.
:icon_cool

My beans are Dry roasted at the moment Stevo...Dry Roasted I tell Thee!!! i.e. not very chilled.

The very thought of continuing on as we are and the takeover collapsing is too unbearable to even think of.

The ball is in MM's court at the moment, due diligence can take weeks if you're doing a thorough job and I wouldn't expect to hear anything until that's completed.
The club was criticised by some for releasing statements a couple of weeks ago when nothing new had happened, maybe they won't tell us anything now until there's something new to say.

The ball is in MM's court at the moment, due diligence can take weeks if you're doing a thorough job and I wouldn't expect to hear anything until that's completed.
The club was criticised by some for releasing statements a couple of weeks ago when nothing new had happened, maybe they won't tell us anything now until there's something new to say.

It doesn't make it any less unbearable though does it...unfortunately.

I'm not going to have any nails (or fingers for that matter) left if this goes on any longer.

Anyone? This is indeed a plea to anyone with any kind of 'insider' knowledge, even if the very most you can say is that Milan is at least still remotely interested.

Because all parties are now bound by the PLC takeover rules, neither are allowed to give out information currently.

All we can say is that the legal and financial guys have been busy, the process can be quite drawn out, we wouldn't take the silence as a negative, it is just the process they have to follow.

Because all parties are now bound by the PLC takeover rules, neither are allowed to give out information currently.

All we can say is that the legal and financial guys have been busy, the process can be quite drawn out, we wouldn't take the silence as a negative, it is just the process they have to follow.

Thanks for responding trust. Good to know that something is happening and that the situation has not simply gone cold.

Thanks FT

Top stuff, cheers

Its gone very quiet on the other consortiums and possible bids. Was it just a ruse to get MM to bid?

Its gone very quiet on the other consortiums and possible bids. Was it just a ruse to get MM to bid?

It always was quiet, just rumour & speculation.
I would doubt very much that it was any kind of a ruse, that would be just stupidity & quite possibly unlawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669