Post Match Millwall 1 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Please Please let it be the Boxing Day match-preferably at half time.karma.
I think I can speak on behalf of my colleagues that we will join in the "Pearson out!" chants if that"s what you would like.

Not happen that way, if we are winning 2-0 at half time our fans are likely to be singing "Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way oh what fun it is to see Leicester win away"

I"m not so sure.When we sold out the away end at KP I heard very little singing from Foxes fans until you were winning.

I have no problem, I just find your "more negative than Brown Nose and Redditch" post funny, especially when coupled with youmoaning about "morons" being on the team's back in the same post.

You are mistaken there - I would hope that I am regarded as considerably more negative than Lako.......or put another way I can't be arsed with the wishful thinking that requires us all to conform to a view that we are well placed this season to get promoted and everything in the KP garden is quite wonderful.

We've played enough games for it to be obvious that we are a soft touch away from home and any side 'that want's it more and is prepared to pui themselves about will probably beat us. Like most managers Pearson adopts a standard line after every such defeat. I'm sure that he understands the weaknesses in our make up which leads to thid poor pattern of away results better than anyone who posts on here - and like a number have said, this was a result that was highly predictable. But glaring weaknesses should be addressable - and it won't be too soon to fix them or most probably it will be another nothing season.

"We have not managed the ball as well as we could"!!!!!!!!I am going to make a compilation of The Big Fella"s post match gobbledy gook.

This may be a good idea just in case your bizarre obsession with him results in you penning a biography. Is your clubs entire history so dull that you chose to get obsessed with a man that was in charge for a relatively short period of time (rhetorical question by the way, chief)

I"m not so sure.When we sold out the away end at KP I heard very little singing from Foxes fans until you were winning.

I've told you before. You didn't sell out the away end. A rather embarrassing 1,482 Tiggers made the journey. The away end holds 3,200 so it was over 50% empty. The area was made smaller to facilitate your poor showing.

Sold all we were given I believe.
Have you got rid of the drummer yet?
If he is ever ill I think Lincoln City or some other tiny club will be able to loan you one.
Pogba/Redknapp/Deluded Dave.
2 more matches for Nige.

I have no problem, I just find your "more negative than Brown Nose and Redditch" post funny, especially when coupled with youmoaning about "morons" being on the team's back in the same post.

Do you have an issue with understanding that what one says on a football forum and what one shouts at a football match may differ?

I come on here and voice an opinion, I go to the game to support my team, do you think that is wrong? I think you need to get a grip.

What massive positive do you take from today Matt, why the **** do you think someone else is not allowed an opinion on what happened, on the gutless display from a supposed perfect team?

I find the fact you have to comment on my opionion every time, but never put your own out there as funny as you find my original post. At least I talk about the footy rather than picking to pieces other peoples posts for some kind of self gratification.

Sold all we were given I believe.

There were almost an additional 1,800 tickets up for grabs. You couldn't flog them otherwise you'd have asked for them.

Your support was poor, and on that day so was your footy team.

I predict your next victory will be on Jan 5th 2013.

Ouch I didn't realise we that bad, I didn't listen to this one, and haven't looked up any stats. I think I'll avoid the football league show tonight too.

Anyway, onwards and upwards Cardiff at home next week, and I'm going.

We weren't dreadful just not good. First 20 minutes millwall barely got out of their half but as usual we fail to capitalise on good pressure and possession. Absolutely no cutting edge. Nugent may as well have played up front on his own as I can't remember any note able contribution from vardy. His first touch was dreadful. Having said that neither forward was graced with effective balls into them.

The twat behind me continually berated Drinkwater - but I really couldn't see why. He was alright as was konchesky.

Morgan was solid and made a great run at one stage virtually the entire length of the pitch but as per usual the decision he took at the end was woeful.

If king played today he shouldn't have bothered as I didn't notice him once. Dyer was ineffective in the extreme.

After the 20 minutes we were abject and slow. Millwall bossed the second half of the first half but couldn't capitalise on this. Overall I think the first half was pretty even with neither team able to dominate and capitalise.

Second half was pretty much Millwalls except for the last 10 when we suddenly seemed to realise we were about to lose after their soft goal defensively.

We decided to go long in the second half and this was astounding due to the fact that we had won the thick end if **** all in the air up until then.

Marshall replacing Knockeart was the right decision as he was lucky to still be on the pitch after elbowing one of their players. I would say though that he has a touch and vision well beyond anyone else in the team - we should keep encouraging him as he is an unpolished diamond.

We were somewhat outmuscled and this was disappointing. Overall the result was about right and even the most ardent blue mongie would find it difficult to say that we deserved to win.

An even more important game now next week. Anything less than a win will leave a lot of the good work seemingly undone.

...or most probably it will be another nothing season.

Why so?

Everyone can see our away form isn't good enough, but after 22 games we've been consistently in the play-offs. Surely this suggests that we're doing enough (both home and away) to achieve a play-off place, which imo would be a reasonable outcome for the season.

Our home form is just as likely to drop off as our away form is to improve; let's just hope that it's the latter.

Why so?

Everyone can see our away form isn't good enough, but after 22 games we've been consistently in the play-offs. Surely this suggests that we're doing enough (both home and away) to achieve a play-off place, which imo would be a reasonable outcome for the season.

Our home form is just as likely to drop off as our away form is to improve; let's just hope that it's the latter.

The problem is that our away form should have improved, NP has had plenty of opportunities to assess why we are poor away from home.

Obviously he thinks it's nothing to do with King playing in a 4-4-2, which seriously sells us short every away game. We will lose many more away games this season because it seems we fail to learn from our regular lessons.

We weren't dreadful just not good. First 20 minutes millwall barely got out of their half but as usual we fail to capitalise on good pressure and possession. Absolutely no cutting edge. Nugent may as well have played up front on his own as I can't remember any note able contribution from vardy. His first touch was dreadful. Having said that neither forward was graced with effective balls into them.

The twat behind me continually berated Drinkwater - but I really couldn't see why. He was alright as was konchesky.

Morgan was solid and made a great run at one stage virtually the entire length of the pitch but as per usual the decision he took at the end was woeful.

If king played today he shouldn't have bothered as I didn't notice him once. Dyer was ineffective in the extreme.

After the 20 minutes we were abject and slow. Millwall bossed the second half of the first half but couldn't capitalise on this. Overall I think the first half was pretty even with neither team able to dominate and capitalise.

Second half was pretty much Millwalls except for the last 10 when we suddenly seemed to realise we were about to lose after their soft goal defensively.

We decided to go long in the second half and this was astounding due to the fact that we had won the thick end if **** all in the air up until then.

Marshall replacing Knockeart was the right decision as he was lucky to still be on the pitch after elbowing one of their players. I would say though that he has a touch and vision well beyond anyone else in the team - we should keep encouraging him as he is an unpolished diamond.

We were somewhat outmuscled and this was disappointing. Overall the result was about right and even the most ardent blue mongie would find it difficult to say that we deserved to win.

An even more important game now next week. Anything less than a win will leave a lot of the good work seemingly undone.

I forgot to mention Whitbread. He was solid enough but his decision making (or clumsiness) will cost us points this season as he seems to have a problem keeping an attacker 'in his pocket' without fouling him or attempting a rash challenge that 9 times out of 10 will result in a free kick for the opposition in a dangerous position.

The problem is that our away form should have improved, NP has had plenty of opportunities to assess why we are poor away from home.

Obviously he thinks it's nothing to do with King playing in a 4-4-2, which seriously sells us short every away game. We will lose many more away games this season because it seems we fail to learn from our regular lessons.

Completely agree.

Every team has problems, and ours is primary one is currently our away form. But the season is still going okay so far, and we look fairly comfortable in the play-offs. There has been no-one who has outplayed us this season, and if anything I probably feel as though whilst most of our victories have been well earned, we were unlucky in some of our losses. But such is life.

I just don't understand why people think poor away form indicate that this season will be a waste. It's not ideal, but if anything it's an opportunity.

I just don't understand why people think poor away form indicate that this season will be a waste. It's not ideal, but if anything it's an opportunity.

It certainly doesnt mean the season is a waste, It does however give us a glimpse of NP's ability to isolate and change certain damaging aspects of our approach, which he would almost certainly have to do more of if we reached the top tier.

I hope he sorts it out and we can mount a challange.

Fryatt.You have just finished what looked like a very easy run of matches. "Comfortable in the playoffs".I will be astonished if you are as high as fifth in 5 more games.
Nigel took us on good runs then we stuttered and then did well again.The stutters will destroy your comfortable feeling.
Many of you seem to be falling for the "managing the ball" twaddle.
He is out of his depth and it will be a long time before anyone else offers him £900k a year.
Hope your goalie doesnt go to Real Madrid!-pricelesss

We were only nearabouts overall.Dull would have been bigging us up.
It really seems some of you are going to have to learn the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566