Post Match Millwall 2 Leicester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that Birmingham have had a really good season so far. They have sold about ten good players, and yet Hughton has managed the team brilliantly. Pearson doesn't seem to be able to organise or inspire this team. I'm not sure if he has the right qualities.
Even Reading sold some of their players but it has probably helped them.

Yes thanks 'all' my post was a bit of a rant.

I just find it difficult to comprehend that 'professsioal' footballers don't seem to feel the need to put a shift in.

I just find it difficult to comprehend that 'professsioal' footballers don't seem to feel the need to put a shift in.

Considering that PEARSON is supposed to be quite a hard manager when it comes to players not performing generally, I'm at a loss as to why they can get away with the kind of performance that was, seemingly, served today.

I hope that we don't capitulate against WHU. We won't have anything to play for and will probably get thrashed. I'm not sure if these players really give a monkeys, they'll be thinking of their holidays.

****ing hell, it's mental on here. People would have been discussing who we'd be buying in the PL next season if we'd won, now they're acting like they want to slit their wrists now we've lost... mental. There really are more important things in life.

We've got a team that hasn't been consistent this season at all, but is still knocking on the door of the playoffs. I think we have the makings of a very, very good Championship side, unfortunately it hasn't happened for us this season. I think all we need is a couple of additions, maybe move a few players on during the summer, then I'll be really excited for next season.

All of these people saying we've got the wrong players or the wrong manager... wind your necks in. We tried to buy the league at the beginning of the season, we brought in about 13 players and expected to walk the league and bought into all the claptrap about our amazing manager and sqaud. It all turned out to be smoke and mirrors. Pearson is the man for the job, he'll get rid of any dead wood, make quality additions, and take us forward.

At least we don't have to agonise about being unlucky.

Just not good enough and won't be good enough until Pearson is able to bring in a couple of midfielders who can boss that area. I hope and believe that King & Gallagher were played because of lack of options not because Pearson seriously believes that they will win matches at places like Milwall.

There is more re-scoping of this squad necessary than I thought would be the case if we failed to go up. I think that we are quite a long way from where we need to be. There has been a massive opportunity this season in a division with only between one (Reading) and three quality teams. I think Pearson ought to be planning on the basis that it will be tougher next season.

At least we don't have to agonise about being unlucky.

Just not good enough and won't be good enough until Pearson is able to bring in a couple of midfielders who can boss that area. I hope and believe that King & Gallagher were played because of lack of options not because Pearson seriously believes that they will win matches at places like Milwall.

There is more re-scoping of this squad necessary than I thought would be the case if we failed to go up. I think that we are quite a long way from where we need to be. There has been a massive opportunity this season in a division with only between one (Reading) and three quality teams. I think Pearson ought to be planning on the basis that it will be tougher next season.

I am sorry, but I just do not understand how you could suggest this: we may not always agree, but I have the opinion that you are an intelligent chap.

Nigel Pearson does not play 'solid' midfielders. That is not an attack upon NP (for once!), merely a statement of his style. He likes brick out-house central defenders who do not need cover and his strikers forage for their own chances.

I doubt that, should Pearson remain, we will change the midfield in any way. I would bank on our signing another big centre half and extra striker.

Konchesky doesn't deserve the shit he's getting Imo, he's had an inconsistent season (who hasn't) but he's had some great games and more often than not looks totally committed to me.

We really do always feel the need to move from player to player, slagging them off and turning them against us.

Konchesky doesn't deserve the shit he's getting Imo, he's had an inconsistent season (who hasn't) but he's had some great games and more often than not looks totally committed to me.

We really do always feel the need to move from player to player, slagging them off and turning them against us.

Well said, Sir! Totally agree.

You miserable ****.

Seriously though, spot on :038: I ****ing hate Leicester fans.

You miserable ****.

Seriously though, spot on :038: I ****ing hate Leicester fans.

Booing, having a go at the team etc really aren't helping, we came close even with the mess caused by sacking Sven, changing style etc. Some fans need to look at the bigger picture.

Im sorry guys and gals ,but to me N.P is crap.the sooner hes gone the better will be for the club,players, supporters. please please dont hang around to long sort a new boss out .

The exact same sentiment could be applied to Gallagher as well

Considering that PEARSON is supposed to be quite a hard manager when it comes to players not performing generally, I'm at a loss as to why they can get away with the kind of performance that was, seemingly, served today.

i wonder if some of the players he has will respond to a 'hard' attitude towards them. probably have too much dosh to worry about it. as an example, beckford (not particularly singling him out) is used to not playing (dropping him wont make a difference then) and what else would nigel 'threaten' him with. he has to go down the 'arm round the shoulder' technique which may or may not have a positive result. i think pearson is less used to managing players who are very well paid. i wouldnt be surprised to see him get rid of most of the high earners in the summer as he likely feels he will get more out of a different type of character.

Im sorry guys and gals ,but to me N.P is crap.the sooner hes gone the better will be for the club,players, supporters. please please dont hang around to long sort a new boss out .

Anyone can spout "sack the manager", but until you can come up with a suggestion for a worthwhile, and practical replacement, you really are just showing your ignorance in the matter.

Anyone can spout "sack the manager", but until you can come up with a suggestion for a worthwhile, and practical replacement, you really are just showing your ignorance in the matter.

I bet Reading wish they'd sacked McDermott after a couple of average seasons.

I don't think I've over reacted in my comments regarding anyone.

I have only attended one game this season and my comments are based around this game only and not on any pre conceived prejudice.

I just (still) find it difficult to understand how we were so abject for 75 minutes.

I didn't even know the penalty was konchesky's fault as I was at the other end of the ground and I didn't see finger incident. My comments were based on his continued arguing with the linesman and referee in spite of him clearly being wrong.

I was also incensed by our general petulance. Just one example is we had a free kick about 30 yards out in the second half and we placed the ball down and then placed it ready to take the kick. The ref then turned round to step out the 10 yards which was our green flag to move the ball forward about 6 inches. The millwall fans who I was sat with jeered and the ref went back to the ball and moved it back probably further than the original position. When he turned round again we moved it forwards probably to where it was in the first place. Probably wasting 3-5 minutes when time was of the essence as we were 2-0 down at this point.

I find it niggly and irritating, why is there a need to do this?

Last edited:
I don't think I've over reacted in my comments regarding anyone.

I have only attended one game this season...

Stopped reading.

Not that I don't think you're allowed an opinion without going to games, but if you truly don't understand why simply paying players more means that they won't necessarily work harder, then there's not much point.

My intention wasn't to state that the more money you pay the harder you should work. I was merely trying to point out that mega wages don't buy you effort, but the players abound at least put a shift in.

Why would you stop reading a post Fryatt just because you don't agree with the first point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669