MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Maybe he is fronting a new takeover and resigned to absolve himself from a conflict of interests.

Good thinking Drew, maybe he has formed a rival consortium and will use RL in a similar fashion to how MM has used the Merc, the FT have quoted that it could be a interesting day which suggests to me more than just an interview with a bitter ex Director pouring his heart out.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
the FT have quoted that it could be a interesting day which suggests to me more than just an interview with a bitter ex Director pouring his heart out.
Or maybe the FT are excited at the prospect of hearing MM slagged off in public.

Maybe the FT know some bad things about MM that they haven't been able to broadcast due to legal obligations, but are hoping that this geezer will. I doubt it though because he is still a shareholder, so if the FT can't broadcast it, neither can he.

I'm hoping for Drews suggestion. So long as he doesn't bring the remaining members of the board with him and still leave TD in charge. We need change, if he can offer that, then I'm all for listening

SJN-Fox

I'm hoping for Drews suggestion. So long as he doesn't bring the remaining members of the board with him and still leave TD in charge. We need change, if he can offer that, then I'm all for listening

And then the whole thing drags out again and we end up with more uncertainty, no new players and a relegation battle. If there was a rival consortium being set up, it should have been done long before now. I don't see how any of this messing about can be good for the club. It's certainly not doing me any good
:icon_conf

PFKAKTF FOX

Or maybe the FT are excited at the prospect of hearing MM slagged off in public.

Maybe the FT know some bad things about MM that they haven't been able to broadcast due to legal obligations, but are hoping that this geezer will. I doubt it though because he is still a shareholder, so if the FT can't broadcast it, neither can he.

My hope would be that if he was willing to form a rival consortium, that it would include Martin George, we are crying out for somebody with previous football experience and IMO George was an outstanding chairman and his record for identifying and appointing managers was first class.

PFKAKTF FOX

And then the whole thing drags out again and we end up with more uncertainty, no new players and a relegation battle. If there was a rival consortium being set up, it should have been done long before now. I don't see how any of this messing about can be good for the club. It's certainly not doing me any good

Because it isn't just about the next couple of months, it is also about the long term future of the club, I would rather suffer another couple of months of uncertainty and the right decision be made, than just sell the club lock, stock and barrel to the first bloke that turns up with a few bob.

If, and it is a big if, JJ launches a rival bid, It would be almost certain that preliminary discussions will have been held with the board, also he has been involved in the initial discussions regarding the MM bid so he knows exactly what it would cost and the assurances needed to secure the deal. IMO it would not take as long as the MM deal to submit a rival bid.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Indeed, but I'm still worried that the whole MM deal is going to get fecked up, at least we would have another option. But I agree, if it is the case, and we are only guessing, but if it is, why didn't this geezer do it himself months ago. Why did it take this, would it be a reactional bid in temper?

PFKAKTF FOX

Indeed, but I'm still worried that the whole MM deal is going to get fecked up, at least we would have another option. But I agree, if it is the case, and we are only guessing, but if it is, why didn't this geezer do it himself months ago. Why did it take this, would it be a reactional bid in temper?

I doubt it, he resigned a few weeks ago, so I would imagine he has had time to form his own consortium and formulate a rival bid. If this does happen I would have no problem at all, at present MM has the club bent over a barrel and IMO it would be to the benefit of the club for a rival bid to come in and it would certainly force Mandaric to show how serious he is about his intentions for our club.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I doubt it, he resigned a few weeks ago, so I would imagine he has had time to form his own consortium and formulate a rival bid. If this does happen I would have no problem at all, at present MM has the club bent over a barrel and IMO it would be to the benefit of the club for a rival bid to come in and it would certainly force Mandaric to show how serious he is about his intentions for our club.
I agree with all of that, but why didn't he resign and try and buy out the club when Andrew Taylor was first appointed, he knew that's why he was brought in? Maybe he just thought, "eh, I'm not on the board anymore, I could do this myself", but I doubt it

Anyway, I'm not going to waste too much energy typing anything else, we are only guessing what his news is about. Lets wait until tomorrow for the bollox to start

PFKAKTF FOX

I agree with all of that, but why didn't he resign and try and buy out the club when Andrew Taylor was first appointed, he knew that's why he was brought in? Maybe he just thought, "eh, I'm not on the board anymore, I could do this myself", but I doubt it

Anyway, I'm not going to waste too much energy typing anything else, we are only guessing what his news is about. Lets wait until tomorrow for the bollox to start

I think something is adrift, why else go on RL, I don't think his resignation caused that much controversy, so the guy has either an unfeasible large ego or an ulterior motive.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I think something is adrift, why else go on RL, I don't think his resignation caused that much controversy, so the guy has either an unfeasible large ego or an ulterior motive.
I'd be very surpirised if it isn't news of a bid, but I'll wait until tomorrow before forming too solid an opinion. Although, I have to say that two bids are better than one.

I'm still waiting for Teachers to announce their interest

Last edited:

western road

This lad J.Johnson is not anybodys fool, his position in one of the top law firms in London tells you that, and if he had/has seen something that brought about his resignation
from the board he's hardly going to castigate anyone about it and jepodise his career in the law business........ until the cold light of day reveals (if it ever do'es) this transaction.

I would welcome another interest in our club
even if it conflicts with the playing side of the club just to get the best for L.C.F.C IN THE LONG RUN.

PFKAKTF FOX

This lad J.Johnson is not anybodys fool, his position in one of the top law firms in London tells you that, and if he had/has seen something that brought about his resignation
from the board he's hardly going to castigate anyone about it and jepodise his career in the law business........ until the cold light of day reveals (if it ever do'es) this transaction.

I would welcome another interest in our club
even if it conflicts with the playing side of the club just to get the best for L.C.F.C IN THE LONG RUN.

Exactly, this takeover is about securing the long term future of our club, not just a rollercoaster ride that lasts a couple of seasons.

Redditch Fox

I don't think so.

This has all the makings of the tragedy that I have feared and I expected all along.

There is the prospect again of a variation of the theme of another codged up under-funding of the club by individuals who have years of opportunity to put in serious funding - which they haven't because they quite understandably can't of won't risk their individual or company's money.

The most likely outcome of all this is either more delay and/ or the withdrawal of MM.

I'm afraid LCFC has a deathwish about it these days and I fear that the outcome will be drift and probable relegation this year or next.

The gut feeling through all this miserable process is that there were forces and alliances at work to undermine the MM takeoever and i have always expected then to be likely to suceed ....and the losers will be the supporters who will have their raised hopes dashed. The people running the show will continue to enjoy the 'perks' of office and the satisfaction of ownership - with no ability to provide the momentum for the club to progess as a football concern.

Real Sharapova

As he is no longer a member of the board, I guess he can say what he likes ( he'll know better than me, as he's a lawyer;) ), the FT are bound to confidentiality as they observe at board meetings. I would doubt he's put a rival bid together at such short notice, I think he will just give the reasons why he felt he had to resign - could make very interesting listening.

SilverFox

Could be an interesting day on Monday.

It said on RL this afternoon that James Johnson (the LCFC Director who resigned) is doing an interview on Radio Leicester, some on the breakfast show, full interview on the phone in.

Just what we need, someone stirring an already fragile situation and look who is on here with the metaphorical wooden spoon.

EMC Fox

Just wondering if this (ex)director is mates with Mr.Wilson

Interesting events at his company.. and lots of money flying about

The trio will be asked to submit their final offers on Monday (22nd). Analysts expect them to be pitched at around £23.45 a share, valuing Wilson at £2.2bn.
Last night WB's shares, which have shot up 55% in the last six months, closed at 2267p, up 41p on the day.

Wilson Bowden's founder and majority shareholder David Wilson wants to retire so is unlikely to be interested in a stake in either Barratt (up 4p at 1176p) or Wimpey (up 4½p at 550½p).

It is unlikely that the cash will be available for some time.. but I'm pretty sure he could take out a loan against the expected £700m+ that he'll make from the deal.

This has a smell of bitterness about it. Not going to comment though until I hear what he says. Been enough crap rumours about recently, lets wait for facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669