MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would look at the situation realistically you have a businessman who will not put anymore than £4-5 million for buying this club ..................will not give anymore than £3 million for players(if he gets control) and most of this money will be in wages for loanees,as he did with Pompey, and in all probability therein lies the effects of a long drawn out affair.
Our trouble is, we are and before M.M, were a club in crisis with little funds since admin to create and generate a realistic takeover bid from anyone apart from predators and this is our legacy....predators like Mandaric seize any opportunity to buy cheap for financial gain, this is our downfall..... with no financial muscle to power bargain with
therein M.M.can do what he wants and ride roughshod over vitually everything and in all probability is now squeezing
the board till the pips pop out.

I wish people would look at the situation realistically you have a businessman who will not put anymore than £4-5 million for buying this club ..................will not give anymore than £3 million for players(if he gets control) and most of this money will be in wages for loanees,as he did with Pompey, and in all probability therein lies the effects of a long drawn out affair.
Our trouble is, we are and before M.M, were a club in crisis with little funds since admin to create and generate a realistic takeover bid from anyone apart from predators and this is our legacy....predators like Mandaric seize any opportunity to buy cheap for financial gain, this is our downfall..... with no financial muscle to power bargain with
therein M.M.can do what he wants and ride roughshod over vitually everything and in all probability is now squeezing
That's interesting WR, at last we have some facts. Do you have a link to this information so all this nonsense can stop?

That's one way of looking at it. I agree that the club is worth very little - there is the training ground and a squad who frankly are worth not a lot on the transfer market. Occasionally, we hear silly talk about someone like Kisnorbo being worth a million quid etc - but that's highly unlikely.

All this is the inevitable consequence ' fall out' aftermath of administration and relegation with barely enough funding to survive including the invoking of right to leave for next to nothing contract clauses by the better players meaning that only a fraction of their value was realised.

However, if MM does take over - and I have always been pessimistic that it would happen - then at least the leadership deficit that has dogged the club for years now might be addressed.

I assume that the current mainly institutional shareholders realise that without a takeover that there 'investments' will only melt - so hopefully in spite of all the difficulties it might just happen, but I wouldn't bet on it given that clearly MM has is own difficulties at the Pompey end.

That's one way of looking at it. I agree that the club is worth very little - there is the training ground and a squad who frankly are worth not a lot on the transfer market. Occasionally, we hear silly talk about someone like Kisnorbo being worth a million quid etc - but that's highly unlikely.

All this is the inevitable consequence ' fall out' aftermath of administration and relegation with barely enough funding to survive including the invoking of right to leave for next to nothing contract clauses by the better players meaning that only a fraction of their value was realised.

However, if MM does take over - and I have always been pessimistic that it would happen - then at least the leadership deficit that has dogged the club for years now might be addressed.

I assume that the current mainly institutional shareholders realise that without a takeover that there 'investments' will only melt - so hopefully in spite of all the difficulties it might just happen, but I wouldn't bet on it given that clearly MM has is own difficulties at the Pompey end.

If you don't mind RF, I've prepared an executive summary:

"We're fecked"

Did you get that from a reliable source, or are you guessing?

As the Foxes trust said "With the loss of the parachute payment, we can "assure" you the club is nowhere near a break even point"

As the Foxes trust said "With the loss of the parachute payment, we can "assure" you the club is nowhere near a break even point"
Yes that combined with my theory that the people running the club are incompetent, the management team responsible for the playing squad are incompetent and that they have somehow managed to get some half decent football players playing like incompetent idiots also.

and whats wrong with that? If the current board had done anything over the last couple of years to make this club just a little bit more successful, then MM or any other buyer would have been faced with much higher prices to buy the club.
Who doesnt seize on an opportunity to buy something cheap to maximize potential future profits/ MM is not a charity, we are there for the taking due to the current board not having the bollux to do anything slightly spectacular in the past.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that......if you have financial muscle

Thats how most financial/business institutions become conglomerates.....buy cheap, put prices up, sell on at a profit.

I wish people would not hang onto the local Newspaper stories of a ridiculous buy-out sum it will be a fraction of that, its hard nose business practice never reveal your price
until you are certain of being in possession of all the facts.

Then hit-em where it hurts, as I have said before he has a business plan and will stick to it like glue and if he can buy cheaper he will, and thats why I believe negotiations have gone on so long.

I have refrained from posting on most of the threads related to the impending takeover by Mandaric, but I have got to congratulate you Western on the one of the best and most sensible posts so far. :038: Well put.

Whats the alternative to MM? The current board asset strip (sell players) us to run up the debts that they have incurred?

Its pretty clear that the current board have gone as far as they can, its unlikely that they will dip into their pockets to balance the books this season. Some may say why should they, well they own the 'company'. Like any insolvent business someone somewhere has to pay the debts and if its MM then thank god he is because the current shareholders won't.

There is no point quantifying the money that MM is putting in and making out its derisory, its the boards own doing. The board have had their chance to make a success out of LCFC but ****ed it up, why should we feel sorry for them?

The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If the offer was so bad we wouldn't be having these threads, MM would have been told to go forth and multiply weeks ago.

As for MM puting in 3 million for players, thats about £3 million more than the current board so whats the problem??

Last edited:
bollox to it all. whatever will be will be, we are going to wembley and all that! come on lcfc!

Its pretty clear that the current board have gone as far as they can, its unlikely that they will dip into their pockets to balance the books this season. Some may say why should they, well they own the 'company'.

I don't think they do. Not even half of it.

Thats the problem isn't it. I did mean the shareholders. But because of this stupid 10% rule it restricts anyone wishing to invest heavily into LCFC

Could be an interesting day on Monday.

It said on RL this afternoon that James Johnson (the LCFC Director who resigned) is doing an interview on Radio Leicester, some on the breakfast show, full interview on the phone in.

Could be an interesting day on Monday.

It said on RL this afternoon that James Johnson (the LCFC Director who resigned) is doing an interview on Radio Leicester, some on the breakfast show, full interview on the phone in.

are you suggesting he will give full details of why he resigned?

can I have you vcash?

Maybe he is fronting a new takeover and resigned to absolve himself from a conflict of interests.

Maybe he is fronting a new takeover and resigned to absolve himself from a conflict of interests.
That is a distinct possibility Drew, I'd never looked at that scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670