MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this ex Director stand to gain by going on the radio and slating the Mandaric bid unless he wishes to make a counter bid for the club, he is well respected and has established a highly successful career for himself, so I see little reason he would wish to risk that for 5 minutes of fame on local radio, which could also turn him into public enemy no 1 in and around Leicestershire, if his opinions scupper the bid. IMO it has to be because he is launching a counter bid and wants to do so in a blaze of publicity in an attempt to win over popular support.

Hence the glee from the FT, a possible opportunity for them to retain their position within the club.

Last edited:
What does this ex Director stand to gain by going on the radio and slating the Mandaric bid unless he wishes to make a counter bid for the club, he is well respected and has established a highly successful career for himself, so I see little reason he would wish to risk that for 5 minutes of fame on local radio, which could also turn him into public enemy no 1 in and around Leicestershire, if his opinions scupper the bid. IMO it has to be because he is launching a counter bid and wants to do so in a blaze of publicity in an attempt to win over popular support.

Hence the glee from the FT, a possible opportunity for them to retain their position within the club.

Sorry, A-Z, don't think so.;) I think he will just explain why he resigned, which he has every right to - I for one will be very interested to hear what he has to say.

Sorry, A-Z, don't think so.;) I think he will just explain why he resigned, which he has every right to - I for one will be very interested to hear what he has to say.

It certainly will be an interesting day. RS you might be in a better position to answer this, in your opinion, with JJ going public tomorrow could this actually mean that the MM bid has actually been successful thus allowing him to go public ???

I personally also think it is just a case of airing dirty laundery.

You could be right, it was merely an opinion that given his background and position would he really stoop to a public airing of his displeasure with Mandaric ???

It certainly will be an interesting day. RS you might be in a better position to answer this, in your opinion, with JJ going public tomorrow could this actually mean that the MM bid has actually been successful thus allowing him to go public ???

I am proud to say I ain't got a feckin' clue.;)

If he is about to air his dirty laundry in public its only for one reason, he wants to discredit the bid. Awful

If he is about to air his dirty laundry in public its only for one reason, he wants to discredit the bid. Awful

But I doubt given his standing and profession he would discredit the bid, IMO he would lose an awful lot of crediability, a dangerous move by somebody with a lot to lose. That is why I would not totally rule out him launching a rival bid.

As Duzza said, what is the logic of wanting to tell his side of the story at this moment in time, why not wait for it all to be completed?

The only two logical theories are:

1) He wants to discredit MM's bid, either by bad mouthing it politely or his own rival bid

2) The MM deal is complete and he is free (morally or legally) to say what he wants

As Duzza said, what is the logic of wanting to tell his side of the story at this moment in time, why not wait for it all to be completed?

The only two logical theories are:

1) He wants to discredit MM's bid, either by bad mouthing it politely or his own rival bid

2) The MM deal is complete and he is free (morally or legally) to say what he wants

Exactly, well said Melts :038:

the exclusive clause in the MM negotiations ould make any 'rival' bid too late, unless the MM deal has failed and the board can now open discussions with other interested parties.

or am i missing something?

the exclusive clause in the MM negotiations ould make any 'rival' bid too late, unless the MM deal has failed and the board can now open discussions with other interested parties.

or am i missing something?

I think the board are precluded from speaking to any other parties at the moment, but any other party can make a bid if they so wish - the board would be duty bound to consider it, as they have to act in the best interests of the shareholders.

No, and the only thing lower than washing your own laundry in public, is washing somebody elses

Rather harsh view on those who cannot afford a washing machine and have to visit the launderette :icon_wink

No glee in the post, we just thought posters would be interested to finally hear another viewpoint on the takeover.

No glee in the post, we just thought posters would be interested to finally hear another viewpoint on the takeover.

Are you aware of the content of tomorrow's interivews, also have the Trust now recieved Mandaric's offical bid document ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669