MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept the feeling that we may have mucked about a bit on the deal, but I don't buy the 'it's all LCFC's fault' at all. I, for one, am glad we have a board in place who are scrupulous to any investment. I also think that the latest slow-up has been as much a part of his issue as ours.

Our club very nearly died, let us not forget that. It's of no surprise to me that our accounts are all over the place, no surprise to a high-level business man of MM either which is why a) he's getting a good deal and b) it's taking his law/accounts teams longer to sort than, say, a club like Derby County who's accounts have been regular.

This deal will be done this week. From what I hear the true hero is not MM yet, but Andrew Taylor, who has personally worked on this and allegedly saved it when MM wanted to walk a while ago. Taylor will, I hope, get recognition of his efforts to not only save the club, but propel it forwards.

My version of reality is that it isn't going to happen and insiders have been working hard to ensure it doesn't happen.

I have never been optimistic....and everytime I expect the worst about Leicester City, it becomes the reality.

My favourite Charachter from Neighbours, his passing saw the beginning of the end of the original Neighbours cast. It's never been the same since he passed on.

I had this pic a few months ago and just felt like reviving it. Coincidentally he is now appearing in Ugly Betty

I thought your avatar was Bobby Davro!!!

The guy you mentioned was also on the OC.

Can somebody wake me up when Milan is chairman?

I want him here now! It's like a kid waiting for Christmas...

Last edited:
Mandaric anger over buy-out delay

_42263708_leics_mandaric2_203.gif
Mandaric left Portsmouth in September last year

Milan Mandaric claims the "ridiculous" delays to his takeover of Leicester City have cost him transfer targets.
The club's shareholders have to vote on Mandaric's offer, revised after due diligence procedure unearthed debts at the Walkers Stadium.
Former Portsmouth owner Mandaric said: "It's becoming ridiculous now, I've lost three targets I had an eye on.
"Time's running out, I'm worried there won't be enough left to do what we want," he told the Leicester Mercury.
The Serbian-born American remains hopeful the final wrinkles can be ironed out in time to help manager Rob Kelly make some new signings in the window.
He said: "It's taken four months already and I could have bought London Bridge in that time.
"But let's be patient. It's still in the hands of the lawyers and I don't want to point the finger at anyone.
"There are still a few things to be done over the next couple of days and I am optimistic it will finally be over."
o.gif

At this time I'm not looking for a manager or anything else

Milan Mandaric

Mandaric made his first official bid for Leicester in November, and admitted: "If I looked at this as a business we would probably walk away but I'm keen to get back in football.
"Sometimes you have to close your eyes on some of the things because football doesn't always bring the clean-cut situation in a business sense.
"I'd like to get it done one way or the other as this is not what I anticipated.
"It's not at my end. It is something I need to overcome and I wasn't quite aware of. I'm not accusing or pointing the finger at anyone it was just something that was found during investigation.
"The price is not the problem whatsoever. It has been agreed."
Mandaric denied weekend reports he will appoint former Crystal Palace and Charlton manager Iain Dowie when he takes over - saying he has been impressed with current boss Rob Kelly.
He added: "At this time I'm not looking for a manager or anything else. I just want to resolve the ownership of the club and then look at existing structure.
"I'm not committed to Iain Dowie or anyone else at this point.
"Unfortunately I have not been allowed many dealings with the manager but I did have the opportunity to meet with him two or three times. "He is a good solid young man who is a great coach and apparently gets on well with players and probably gets the best out of them. "I don't know much about him or his capabilities but so far I'm impressed with him."

Updated report at 1.45 today, on the bbc website.

Looks like they're just recycling old news, there's nothing there that hasn't been said already.

This bit looks new

He told the Leicester Mercury: "It is becoming a bit ridiculous now. In fact, I have lost three transfer targets I had an eye on who might have made a difference.

"January is going by and when I look at what needs to be done it is very frustrating.

"It has taken four months already. I could have bought London Bridge in that time."

Chairman Andrew Taylor insists there are just one or two minor details to be resolved before the deal can be completed.

"We have had all the information we require. There are just a couple of small, inconsequential issues to be sorted out," he explained.

"I felt that suggesting last week as the end of it was a bit unrealistic but we are very close now and the next few days should see the end of the process

This bit looks new

It's what was reported in the Mockery this morning, and has been on the headlines section of this site since around 11AM, and was also posted in this thread before it appeared on the BBC site.
So what the BBC are reporting isn't new news, it's news that has already been reported elsewhere and posted on here.

It's all going through, the reporting is slow, the deal is almost finished. Done.

I hope your right, but after all these delays, it'll probably be going on until next Christmas

I know that if it didn't go through now then that would be truly amazing.
On a par with when John J Rambo stitched his arm up with needle and thread after falling from a great height in First Blood :102:

Now that was really amazing

im amazed at how long this has taken... with so many people on this forum saying they have "information" from reliable "sources" from people inside the club, im not having a go at anyone in particular but a few people on here have said the deal will be done etc within a short amount of time, yet it just hasn't been completed either people are just b*llsh*tting or they have just recieved false information..

Last edited:
im amazed at how long this has taken... with so many people on this forum saying they have "information" from reliable "sources" from people inside the club, im not having a go at anyone in particular but a few people on here have said the deal will be done etc within a short amount of time, yet it just hasn't been completed either people are just b*llsh*tting or they have just recieved false information..

From my own point of view from the days of Mad Biker onwards, most people are sincere when they share what they believe to be true. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669