MM interview on SSN shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he should - some of us read that situation and then realised that he had made the wrong call and then left it too late. He should have stayed true to character and got rid - but I guess it was the money issue.

He must be cursing himself.

More than anyone else...

MM quoted "ive missed a train so im witing for the next one" i assumed he was referring to Dowie Lets see if any potential managers resign in the next couple of weeks (if they are currently employed ad have had an approch from MM)

It's an interesting situation. Here is Holloway who came in talking about the play offs; had 30 games to achieve at least mediocrity; [...] takes us into a division which I hoped never to see in my lifetime......

It's an interesting situation. Here is Mandaric who came in talking about the Premier League within three years; had 60 games to achieve mediocrity; takes us into a division which I hoped never to see in my lifetime..... and still doesn't know what the **** to do about it.

I understand all that - but can't you understand that Mandaric is trying to freeze him out?

Sometimes this strategy works and sometimes it doesn't but I repeat it's a no brainer to understand what he is attemting to do.

It's a no brainer to understand that it won't work. Is Mandaric really that stupid?

It's an interesting situation. Here is Mandaric who came in talking about the Premier League within three years; had 60 games to achieve mediocrity; takes us into a division which I hoped never to see in my lifetime..... and still doesn't know what the **** to do about it.

Its scary really, though i think he wants to make sure he gets it right this time, as he know he drop 2 or 3 bollocks, (megson would've done alright). No Guarantees i that he will however.

He may be even consulting other this time in regards to the manager, i think aldridge may have a big say.

MM quoted "ive missed a train so im witing for the next one" i assumed he was referring to Dowie Lets see if any potential managers resign in the next couple of weeks (if they are currently employed ad have had an approch from MM)

Did he really say that? It wasn't in the interview that was broadcast in the first couple of hours after the news broke - and it isn't in the version on the SkySports website.

Portsmouth are refuting rumours that Harry Redknapp is set to quit Portsmouth after the FA Cup final.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3569433,00.html

Is that the sort of thing you are thinking about?

Look everything here is very simple.

They had the meeting last Monday, we don't really know what the meeting was about it could have been anything really. But I would say IH was told the situation that we have just gone down, everybody is really pissed off, everybody needs time to calm down as bad decisions could be made. I would say MM made it clear to IH that he had NOT made his mind up but would do so after his daughters wedding which is on Saturday. So then they say its business as usual, which it would be. His family matters have to come first. I know mine would. IH at the meeting would have been given the chance to put forward his plans for next season for MM to take into concideration.

Crap about trying to make IH walk is not on, as IH could then claim constructive dismissal which would cost MM more.

They had the meeting last Monday, we don't really know what the meeting was about it could have been anything really. But I would say IH was told the situation that we have just gone down, everybody is really pissed off, everybody needs time to calm down as bad decisions could be made. I would say MM made it clear to IH that he had NOT made his mind up but would do so after his daughters wedding which is on Saturday. So then they say its business as usual, which it would be. His family matters have to come first. I know mine would. IH at the meeting would have been given the chance to put forward his plans for next season for MM to take into concideration.

Crap about trying to make IH walk is not on, as IH could then claim constructive dismissal which would cost MM more.

Oh my God :icon_eek:

I find myself in full agreement with BG!

Just to add that, as usual, MM couldn't resist an interview when he would have been better to be "unavailable"

:045:

Just to add that, as usual, MM couldn't resist an interview when he would have been better to be "unavailable"

:045:

You have agreed with me recently. :icon_eek: Are you feeling alright? :icon_conf

Last edited:
So, we're thinking taht he's not tryign to force holloway out? Holloway wouldn't walk now anyways. And I'm much more concerened about Mandarich putting his city future on the rocks again.

The main reason that I cannot have faith that Milan will get it right with his next choice of manager is that he vacillates so greatly in the style of man he chooses and, almost immediately loses faith in his choice.
Logically speaking, Milan should be the last man to want his manager out, be it Holloway, Megson or Allen. Fans should be calling for the manager's head with Milan backing him until his position becomes untenable with the fan base: instead, he's so often in the vanguard of the manager out campaigns. Not the actions of a man who knows his mind.

To be fair, i'm surprised just how long he stuck with Holloway i think mosty chairman would've sacked him in March. I mean fair enough he sacked Allen early,b ut that's all he did, he never sacked Megson or even forced him out (as far as i am aware)

I wonder what the chances are of a new manager being appointed by the board rather than MM alone. He would probably attract less individual flack if he shared responsibilities (including the media stuff) plus we're more likely to get a sensible appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669