MM interview on SSN shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the report on Sky Sports News.

What a shocker. Apparently, Mad Mandy sacked Craig Levein and Martin Allen was sacked before the start of the season.

Our managerial merry go round is so tricky to follow that even Sky have lost it.

If Milan is stepping down and Holloway is to be sacked; who decided upon the release list?

We didn't have a manager when we signed Ferriera so why would we need one to decide this sort of minor stuff?

Ah, O.K I see your point.

what are you all f**king moaning about? This is a big decision, I'd rather he took a bit of time to think it over while he has the luxury of being able to take some time over the matter.

I don't have a problem with that, the issue is that he came out on national tv and refused to back the manager, putting him in a completely untenable position. I'd rather he just sacked him and went out looking, or did nothing and went out looking.

Basically now he can't keep this one and has no one else lined up.

Also I'm sure that even if Holloway walked he could take Milan to a tribunal claiming that he was forced into resigning, which would be a pretty fair claim in my book.

I cannot understand the thinking behind this move.

I don't have a problem with that, the issue is that he came out on national tv and refused to back the manager, putting him in a completely untenable position. I'd rather he just sacked him and went out looking, or did nothing and went out looking.

Also I'm sure that even if Holloway walked he could take Milan to a tribunal claiming that he was forced into resigning, which would be a pretty fair claim in my book.

It looks to me like this is a 'Root and Branch Review' so to speak. And to be fair to MM, it bloody well should be.

I would have thought anyone with a quarter of a brain cell could understand the thinking. You may not agree with the thinking but I can't believe you don't understand it.

It's writ large and clear that Mandaric doesn't want Holloway but isn't keen to give him his pay off. Mandaric is signalling by his behaviour what many businesses do in this sort of situation - i.e. that the institution doesn't want that particular employee.

It's an interesting situation. Here is Holloway who came in talking about the play offs; had 30 games to achieve at least mediocrity; is out thought by almost every other manager in the league; wastes tidy sums of money on more duds; can't raise any sort of profile when we are sinking in key games; takes us into a division which I hoped never to see in my lifetime......and still he won't resign.

I would have thought anyone with a quarter of a brain cell could understand the thinking. You may not agree with the thinking but I can't believe you don't understand it.

It's writ large and clear that Mandaric doesn't want Holloway but isn't keen to give him his pay off. Mandaric is signalling by his behaviour what many businesses do in this sort of situation - i.e. that the institution doesn't want that particular employee.

It's an interesting situation. Here is Holloway who came in talking about the play offs; had 30 games to achieve at least mediocrity; is out thought by almost every other manager in the league; wastes tidy sums of money on more duds; can't raise any sort of profile when we are sinking in key games; takes us into a division which I hoped never to see in my lifetime......and still he won't resign.

For the first bit in bold - you can't force him to resign

For the second bit, sack the ****er then!! Why should he resign when he can get a massive payoff instead? Don't pretend anyone on here would do anything else.

For the first bit in bold - you can't force him to resign

For the second bit, sack the ****er then!! Why should he resign when he can get a massive payoff instead? Don't pretend anyone on here would do anything else.

I understand all that - but can't you understand that Mandaric is trying to freeze him out?

Sometimes this strategy works and sometimes it doesn't but I repeat it's a no brainer to understand what he is attemting to do.

the 'McLaren' template. Saw Brolly Boy with £2.5m in his sky rocket for abject failure. Holloway will not resign while there is wedge to be had.

This may give MM some option of a lesser payout than actually firing him straight away as it puts Holloway in a difficult position. MM is probably thinking why should he give this guy money for being rubbish just for early termination of his contract.

I understand all that - but can't you understand that Mandaric is trying to freeze him out?

Sometimes this strategy works and sometimes it doesn't but I repeat it's a no brainer to understand what he is attemting to do.

Ok, but it's a ****ing ridiculous thing to be doing.

I really wish he'd make a proper decision one way or the other, this ****ing about is helping no one.

Ok, but it's a ****ing ridiculous thing to be doing.

I really wish he'd make a proper decision one way or the other, this ****ing about is helping no one.

Obviously that would be neater - but I think Mandaric might squeeze him out. However, you can expect the League Managers Association to pipe up soon - although how they can put up much opf a show for Holloway remains to be seen.

And the silence from that camp is deafening. It was obvious that all was not well from the curt replies from Holloway on Monday.

Mandaric is clearly very angry indeed -and quite rightly so - these employment matters are always problematic, but usually end in a compromise.

Mandaric is clearly very angry indeed -and quite rightly so - these employment matters are always problematic, but usually end in a compromise.

So he should be though. Let down at all levels, himself included as well as he is probably sitting there thinking he should have done something earlier, say 5-6 games to go, like last season to try to stop the slide.

So he should be though. Let down at all levels, himself included as well as he is probably sitting there thinking he should have done something earlier, say 5-6 games to go, like last season to try to stop the slide.

Of course he should - some of us read that situation and then realised that he had made the wrong call and then left it too late. He should have stayed true to character and got rid - but I guess it was the money issue.

He must be cursing himself.

There is the possibility that MM is going to the media simply to make it known that "IH is available for employment elsewhere, please take him, then I won't have to pay the compo".

Of course there is also the possibility that I haven't got a clue and the whole of LCFC is f*cked beyond repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669