MM tells the BBC he might go back to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry?:102:

As much as it pains me to point out what the Romans have done for us:

The club was in abject free-fall and we had a team of morons managed by an utter twat. The drinking club culture was dominant and there was no strength of spirit. There was no spending, the marketing was carried out by an incompetent bitch and (to potential buyers) we were as attractive as a Geordie whore with herpes going out on the lash in the Bigg Market. I, as many, arrived at 3pm annihilated from the pub session to anaesthetise me from the ensuing 90 minutes. Others (pre-shoewaving) simply shouting something ending with 'uuuuuume'. A more miserable time in the history of the club I can't recall.

But, aside from that, we are no better off now than before he came in.:icon_bigg

The club wasn't in abject freefall at all. It was stale sure, but not freefall, I really don't think we'd have ever gotten relegated if not for Mandaric. We had just been through a succession of incredibly mediocre managers, if we'd hired a good one we could've easily been back on the up.

Why should not spending be necessarily a bad thing? We've spent a lot since Milan has been here and all it's got us is more debt. As far as I can tell the previous incumbents were far w*s*r with their money than Mandaric.

Honestly, Mandaric got lucky with the hiring of Pearson which is where we got the relative success of last season from and that was pretty much it. I don't see what makes us more of a prospect to buyers now than three and a half years a go, bar our successful season last time out.

Last edited:
The club was in abject free-fall

Was it?

We'd had a couple of years of struggling in the lower reaches of the table - but I didn't feel there was any real danger of going down with the team we had then. MM changed all that.

and we had a team of morons managed by an utter twat.

And MM replaced them with several teams of morons managed by several utter twats. Eventually he got lucky with NP.

So are we really now in a better position than when MM joined?
We were 17th in the table when he arrived. We're 20th now.

Is the current manager better than the one MM inherited?
Maybe. Too soon to say.

Is the club in more debt than it was when MM took over?
Almost certainly. But some people will say that's irrelevant.

The team is certainly better than the one MM inherited - although some of the new signings haven't yet shown they have the quality required in this league.

Is the current manager better than the one MM inherited?
Maybe. Too soon to say.

Seriously? Kelly equal to Sousa? Honestly, I can't believe anyone would question it...no matter what you think of the current incumbent.

Kelly was a coach and nothing more, presiding over his smashing bunch of lads and producing wonderful third/fourth tier insipid performances from a Championship side.

I'm not arguing 'for' Mandaric, just that I honestly believe we are in a better state than we were pre-M.

The debt issue is a non-starter for me. We can't trust an utterance which comes from him and therefore a comparison with before becomes irrelevant.

The Kelly era has to rank as my most miserable period of watching City, if others feel different then I want a number for their dealer so I can buy something decent.

btw, between me and you, I heard he was calling your lass ugly

I'm sure there are people here who would say Sousa is worse. His record so far is certainly worse.

But as far as I'm concerned it's far too early to say. I didn't slag him off when we had a bad start to the season and I'm not going to get too excited about a couple of good performances.

Don't be ridiculous Jeff. This is the Interwebs, you're not allowed a balanced view.
Would you sooner we win every game in League 1 or lose every match in the Premier? Until you answer that your opinion is moot.

Would you sooner we win every game in League 1 or lose every match in the Premier?

I need more information before I can answer that.

How entertaining will the games be?
Will the food be better in the Prem?
Will there be dancing girls at half time?
Will our team be full or foreign superstars who play with flair, or English cloggers who always give 113%?

How entertaining will the games be?
Will the food be better in the Prem?
Will there be dancing girls at half time?
Will our team be full or foreign superstars who play with flair, or English cloggers who always give 113%?

• Coco Pops in Tony Bliar's breast pocket
  • Toxteth O'Grady
  • Sousa modelling a pair of Farahs if you're lucky
  • Nigel Farage will marry a Kosovan refugee before we employ any of those foreign looking types

• Sousa modelling a pair of Farahs if you're lucky
  • Nigel Farage will marry a Kosovan refugee before we employ any of those foreign looking types

I'm incapable of saying whether or not the mental image of Sousa in Farahs influenced my imagining Nigel Farage getting filthy with a desperate Kosovan, and believe me , she is desperate.
But that's only because I can't speak very well at the minute.
I feel a bit sick

If a player or manager was touting himself to another club whilst at our club, we'd go bananas. DJ for example?

However, Mad Mandy can apparently do no wrong with supporters of this club. Some of the main differences in the four years since he took over the club?

* Approx £30m of debt that wasn't there before.
* The record for our worst season ever.
* A constant, inept and embarrassing merry-go-round of managers with one lucky exception.
* A considerably higher wage bill.
* A far less supporter friendly staff.
* Hugely inflated matchday ticket prices.
* Two years spent whoring the club around the world to anyone willing to pay him his money back, irrespective of their good for the club.
* Players bought by him due to links with their dodgy Agents.

The sooner he fecks off the better. And any supporters with an ounce of respect for their club should chase him out of the club and down to Pompey with immediate effect. Every minute he remains associated with the club is another minute spent feathering his own nest.

I think milan see s himself as some sort if football super hero who rides in a bit like the a team and sorts it out before leaving quickly before cornel decker turns up.

If a player or manager was touting himself to another club whilst at our club, we'd go bananas. DJ for example?

However, Mad Mandy can apparently do no wrong with supporters of this club. Some of the main differences in the four years since he took over the club?

* Approx £30m of debt that wasn't there before.
* The record for our worst season ever.
* A constant, inept and embarrassing merry-go-round of managers with one lucky exception.
* A considerably higher wage bill.
* A far less supporter friendly staff.
* Hugely inflated matchday ticket prices.
* Two years spent whoring the club around the world to anyone willing to pay him his money back, irrespective of their good for the club.
* Players bought by him due to links with their dodgy Agents.

The sooner he fecks off the better. And any supporters with an ounce of respect for their club should chase him out of the club and down to Pompey with immediate effect. Every minute he remains associated with the club is another minute spent feathering his own nest.

Meanwhile we are left with........

He obviously enjoyed getting a team out of the third division and fancies another crack at it. If he wants to do that elsewhere I'm more than happy for him to do so.

Meanwhile we are left with........

I agree alex. None of us have any idea what we've been left with. Apparently that's just fine with most of our supporters too though.

His record of passing on Pompey to a kid using his Dad's money until he got bored doesn't bode well. As I've mentioned before, if you type 'King Power' and 'corruption' into google, it gives you an idea of what we're in line for in the coming years.

I have no faith in Mandy making a decision to sell in the best interests of the club. Despite him making ridiculous claims that he's staying on as part of the consortium and to advise and support the new investors, he only motivation (as it has been since day one) is to make his money and get out.

I'd also wager that he's also ensured that the debts owed to him are paid in full and he will make a profit on his investment in the club at the expense of the clubs books. As usual, he will say something completely different.

All we can hope for is that the new owners are genuine and don't rack up further debts in the clubs name. Are we really that lucky though?

We're already way beyond being able to survive without a sugar daddy guaranteeing loans and debts. I think the chances are that the new people will play with the club for a bit and then look to pass it on. It will then need to go to someone even richer to be able to manage the increasing debt. And so it goes on until it goes bang - just like at Pompey. And don't forget, even the Premier League fortunes didn't save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566