MM's mum's delaying the takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oh crikey

Because everyone loves another MM thread...

Deal on ice

By Bill Anderson and Andy Mann

The takeover of Leicester City hit an unforeseen delay yesterday just when the issue was nearing completion.

A family emergency forced Milan Mandaric to break off finalisation talks in London and go to Belgrade where his 86-year-old mother is seriously ill after a fall.

This means the much-delayed £25million takeover, believed to be within a day or so of being signed and sealed, has had to be put on hold until Mandaric is available again.

But before yesterday's setback, a source close to the club insisted that Mandaric's proposed takeover remained on track.

It is now three months since Mandaric launched his bid for City, and more than two months since he was given the "green light" by shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting to look at the club's books.

City supporters are becoming increasingly frustrated at the length of time it is taking for the deal to be done.

There is also frustration at the lack of clear information surrounding the takeover.

However, the Leicester Mercury understands that both parties remain hopeful the deal will be resolved soon.

The source admitted there is frustration at the takeover process dragging on, but that "all parties were keen to finalise the negotiations".

The source added that football club takeovers were rarely completed quickly.

Indeed, Icelandic businessman Eggert Magnusson's takeover of West Ham last year took around three months to complete, while Dubai International Capital's bid for Liverpool, which was launched at the start of December, is ongoing.

However, frustration has been growing among City fans at the length of time Mandaric's takeover is taking to finalise.

The Mercury has been inundated with letters from supporters asking why the deal is dragging on.

Dell Elliott, of Loughborough, said: "A man has come along who understands and communicates with the only permanent factor at clubs, the fans.

"Why it has taken this long to complete a transfer of the club remains a mystery."

Chris Ingham, of Leicester, said: "The official City website has a plea for fans to take part in a promotion to enter a draw to win funds to buy a player. Instead, why don't the board pull their fingers out and let Milan Mandaric take over and buy more than one?"

Mandaric had been hopeful of taking over in time for Saturday's game against Cardiff.

The source said: "It gives you an idea how close we are. It's edging there."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...920731&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Heres what the article says:

The takeover of Leicester City hit an unforeseen delay yesterday just when the issue was nearing completion.

A family emergency forced Milan Mandaric to break off finalisation talks in London and go to Belgrade where his 86-year-old mother is seriously ill after a fall.

This means the much-delayed £25million takeover, believed to be within a day or so of being signed and sealed, has had to be put on hold until Mandaric is available again.

But before yesterday's setback, a source close to the club insisted that Mandaric's proposed takeover remained on track.

It is now three months since Mandaric launched his bid for City, and more than two months since he was given the "green light" by shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting to look at the club's books.

City supporters are becoming increasingly frustrated at the length of time it is taking for the deal to be done.

There is also frustration at the lack of clear information surrounding the takeover.

However, the Leicester Mercury understands that both parties remain hopeful the deal will be resolved soon.

The source admitted there is frustration at the takeover process dragging on, but that "all parties were keen to finalise the negotiations".

The source added that football club takeovers were rarely completed quickly.

Indeed, Icelandic businessman Eggert Magnusson's takeover of West Ham last year took around three months to complete, while Dubai International Capital's bid for Liverpool, which was launched at the start of December, is ongoing.

However, frustration has been growing among City fans at the length of time Mandaric's takeover is taking to finalise.

The Mercury has been inundated with letters from supporters asking why the deal is dragging on.

Dell Elliott, of Loughborough, said: "A man has come along who understands and communicates with the only permanent factor at clubs, the fans.

"Why it has taken this long to complete a transfer of the club remains a mystery."

Chris Ingham, of Leicester, said: "The official City website has a plea for fans to take part in a promotion to enter a draw to win funds to buy a player. Instead, why don't the board pull their fingers out and let Milan Mandaric take over and buy more than one?"

Mandaric had been hopeful of taking over in time for Saturday's game against Cardiff.

The source said: "It gives you an idea how close we are. It's edging there."

I know that it is another delay (and quite rightly he has gone to see his mother), but if the reports are true then at least it looks like the deal will happen, rather than it being dead as some have suggested.

I know that it is another delay (and quite rightly he has gone to see his mother), but if the reports are true then at least it looks like the deal will happen, rather than it being dead as some have suggested.

I only saw the headline at first, the article was not there, so probably not as bad as I first thought. Apologies for yet another MM thread, but at least I wasn't quoting "an insider". :icon_wink :icon_bigg

this takeover is one big jinx. were ****ed if it doesnt happen and i think were ****ed if it does. A jinx i tell thee

OK, this makes a lot more sense. I thought the takeover must have hit an unforeseen problem. OK, well, life is more important I guess. Good luck with it all MM.

Could be a blessing as RK will not have any funds for new players and can only go for loans as the deadline is later, we can then take our time in signing players in the summer and if MM wants his own manager it would be his players he is buying rather than adopting RK's. :102:

am i being a bit thick here? but would he have to deal with proceedings in person or would he have a team of legal eagles to do the necessary and all he would have to do is sign on the line :102:

am i being a bit thick here? but would he have to deal with proceedings in person or would he have a team of legal eagles to do the necessary and all he would have to do is sign on the line :102:

you wouldve thought so :102:

I'd say the legal bods could do it. He's probably already signed everything he needs to in advance

if his mum gets better and he brings her to a game we should sing
"cheat fell over"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675