MongFest

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Are you being serious?! No difference between the two? You seriously never saw the lads of the 80s/early 90s in full swing geez because in comparison the 20 or so teenagers that are now perceived as 'trouble' are literally just a few kids messing around a bit.

Yes I am being serious and I know the hooligans of the 70s, 80s, 90s & today (00s noughties?)
There is no difference, a handful of genuinely frightening individuals surrounded by a majority of wannabe, not very frightening at all kids & undeveloped adults.

*Edit* ....and don't 'LOL' at me, I'm having a bad enough day as it is.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean.

At first I thought you were suggesting that the majority of the population look upon football hooligans from the 70's/80's with some sort of romanticism.

I then realised you couldn't have meant that and am stumped as to what you mean, sorry.

Obviously a poor attempt at humour.

pig ignorant people that are as thick as pig shit - majority of population.

:icon_wink

the chanting last night wasn't 'satire' whoever said that...
satire is using wit to highlight the widely perceived shortcomings of a figure or institution (more or less), most often political.
Singing 'show us your passport', 'we heard you cried at your hearing' and 'we heard you came on a lorry' to a person who came here on his todd as a teenager and has become a professional footballer, got married and made a life for himself ISN'T SATIRE, IT's F*CKING RACIST.
i don't meanto bang on, but glossing over it is really pissing me off. Is Leicester really that much of a Daily Mail town, that the people singing that sort of stuff shouldn't be deemed massively out of order.
I'm really surprised we haven't been flagged up for it by Watford.

Last edited:
the chanting last night wasn't 'satire' whoever said that...
satire is using wit to highlight the widely perceived shortcomings of a figure or institution (more or less), most often political.
Singing 'show us your passport', 'we heard you cried at your hearing' and 'we heard you came on a lorry' to a person who came here on his todd as a teenager and has become a professional footballer, got married and made a life for himself ISN'T SATIRE, IT's F*CKING RACIST.
i don't meanto bang on, but glossing over it is really pissing me off. Is Leicester really that much of a Daily Mail town, that the people singing that sort of stuff shouldn't be deemed massively out of order.
I'm really surprised we haven't been flagged up for it by Watford.

I don't think it can be termed as 'racism' as there was at no point any mention of race. It was, as the terraces allow, a naive and possibly distasteful view of a news story. I used the word 'satire' a little tongue in cheek, however I would argue it was closer to satire than racism.

I don't think it can be termed as 'racism' as there was at no point any mention of race. It was, as the terraces allow, a naive and possibly distasteful view of a news story. I used the word 'satire' a little tongue in cheek, however I would argue it was closer to satire than racism.

Whatever it was, it was bloody depressing, especially "Send him back", the racist connotations of which are pretty overt. Some right tossers we've got as fans. What a miserable night. Glad we found a reasonable pub. That really is straw-clutching isn't it?

Whatever it was, it was bloody depressing, especially "Send him back", the racist connotations of which are pretty overt. Some right tossers we've got as fans. What a miserable night. Glad we found a reasonable pub. That really is straw-clutching isn't it?

I'd forgotten about the 'send him back' bit actually, that is a tad depressing...

Still, at least fat boy was there looking hard. Bet he'd been on the brandy snorting all day.

Still, at least fat boy was there looking hard. Bet he'd been on the brandy snorting all day.

Its a shame all the stick this lad gets, he doesn't pretend to be hard, he doesn't get himself in trouble and he just enjoys going to the games.

I know for a fact he works with dissadvantaged children as his main job, doesn't sound like the man most people like to make him out to be.

Its a shame all the stick this lad gets, he doesn't pretend to be hard, he doesn't get himself in trouble and he just enjoys going to the games.

I know for a fact he works with dissadvantaged children as his main job, doesn't sound like the man most people like to make him out to be.

Yeah but he stands up and shouts at football games, off with his head!

I am of this opinion too....They were baying for him to sing a song and worship him on Tuesday...he didn't want the overwhelming attention. Although, why he doesn't sling his shirt on to avoid this I don't know.

There were 3 pricks at Chelsea video camering him like an animal, he could of told of them to feck off but instead happily posed.

How nice of him, so leading the 'you're a ground full of mongols' expresses the caring side of him then?

I don't give him stick for being fat, or anything else, I'm just fed up that a certain section of the supporters seem to think he is some sort of die-hard fan who is worthy of putting on a pedestal when I know for a fact he hardly went away games til he was on the Sky programme, ironically he was filmed at the game at Watford where we drew 2-2, with the Sky bloke telling him and his mates, where to sit, when to stand up, when to start singing, I know this because we were sitting near enough to hear him being 'directed'.

And I'm fed up that just because he bangs a drum a couple of times a game (and not very well either) he seem to revel in the attention he gets.

Oh and I've seen him be bloody ignorant towards people as well, whilst he is holding court to his fanclub.

He isn't special, he's just a bloke who takes his top off at football and is covered with tattoos. Whoopdedo.

How nice of him, so leading the 'you're a ground full of mongols' expresses the caring side of him then?

Now that is definitely rascism. Hopefully no Mongols were offended. Genghis Khan would have done his nut at that kind of jibe. A man not to get on the wrong side of. He had a proper firm back in the eighties.

he's just a bloke who takes his top off at football and is covered with tattoos.
That's highland's presence pretty much guaranteed for the next few away games then.....

Now that is definitely rascism. Hopefully no Mongols were offended. Genghis Khan would have done his nut at that kind of jibe. A man not to get on the wrong side of. He had a proper firm back in the eighties.

I have an inkling that those chanting that wouldn't have a clue who Mongols were or Ghengis Khan.

However I'm sure they will have an idea what the derogatory term mongol is about.

This thread is one of the main reasons why I have completely given up on going to away games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670