Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
scoop_round_plastic.gif

Hodgson will use the friendlies to take a look at Leicester winger Marc Albrighton, 25, and Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, 22. (Daily Star)

From BBC Sports Gossip

I remember one game from the 70's when Shilton, Whitworth, Weller and Worthington all played.

I remember one game from the 70's when Shilton, Whitworth, Weller and Worthington all played.

A lot of people have memories of all four playing for England together. Which is odd, because I'm pretty sure it never happened. All four did play for England in that era, but not together. The most is three of them, against Argentina in May 1974. Frank Worthington scored one of the goals in a 2-2 draw.

Team:
Peter Shilton
Dave Watson
Colin Todd
Emlyn Hughes
Alec Lindsay
Trevor Brooking
Keith Weller
Colin Bell
Frank Worthington
Kevin Keegan
Mick Channon

I stand corrected. A quick search found that Shilton and Weller started against Northern Ireland in May 1974, Worthington came on as sub. and laid on a goal for Weller.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...eicester-Jeffrey-Schlupp-Transfer-News-Gossip

Man Utd rocked as Arsene Wenger prepares £10m Arsenal bid for Leicester star
ARSENAL are lining up a January swoop for Leicester's Jeffrey Schlupp.

That is according to Ghana Soccernet, who claim Arsene Wenger is prepared to spend £10million to land the versatile winger.

The Gunners - as well as Manchester United - were reportedly keen on signing the Ghana international in the off season before he put pen to paper on a new four-year deal in June.

Wenger is again likely to fail in his pursuit of the 22-year-old, with Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri insisting he has no desire to sell his key players in the winter window.

United are also expected to make a move for Schlupp as Louis van Gaal looks to replace injured left-back Luke Shaw.

Guess what, it's January so that'll be £20m please. Even at £10m, we'd barely be getting value for money.

Given the position we are in, finance wise and looking like we should get the upgraded TV rights money next year, the minimum we should accept from the 'big teams' should be £20mill.

Young, left sided, upcoming player with big potential and given he has been with us for so long, would poss fall under the 'home grown' rule for CL teams?? £20mill at minimum if not more if the 'home grown' rule can apply!

Really? Schlupp? What would you say he's worth?

I'd take £8m for him

He's 22, has played around 50 premier league games, has blistering pace, regular for his international side, can play a number of positions, would count as part of the "homegrown" quota and is under contract for the next 4 years.

Outside of Vardy and Mahrez he is one of biggest assets from a transfer perspective.

He's 22, has played around 50 premier league games, has blistering pace, regular for his international side, can play a number of positions, would count as part of the "homegrown" quota and is under contract for the next 4 years.

Outside of Vardy and Mahrez he is one of biggest assets from a transfer perspective.

How much would you sell him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570