Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As people have already said, only sell if he wants to go. At 22, he has huge potential. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll turn into a Gareth bale but I think he could prove to be a top premiership player.

A lot of people have memories of all four playing for England together. Which is odd, because I'm pretty sure it never happened. All four did play for England in that era, but not together. The most is three of them, against Argentina in May 1974. Frank Worthington scored one of the goals in a 2-2 draw.

IIRC the "four playing for England together" in 1974, were Shilton, Weller, Worthington and David Nish, who admittedly had left us for some other team by that time - against the Jocks in their run up to the 1974 World Cup. Steve Whitworth also didn't play for England until Shilts had been transferred to Stoke.

I wouldn't willingly sell him for any price at all. The only way he leaves is if he wants to.

Once we begin acting like a selling club, our time in the limelight will begin it's downward trajectory.

Yep, all of that. I'd tell everyone to **** off to Southampton if they want to buy someone.

Schlupp is a valuable player in the team, he isn't our best LB, but he can cover there to a decent standard and offers something with his pace and as a LM option. No need to sell him if we need him.

Bollocks, really - but I do now have a hankering for Russian women for some reason
I get that. How are they still single?! The mind boggles, and the Internet has never lied to me to get me to go to a page that wants bank details

We are rumoured to be after Demarai Gray again in January to add to our counter attacking pace.
There are 7 players i think we should be keeping a proper eye on for Jan who could all be useful to the squad:

Demarai Gray
Andros Townsend
Charlie Austin
Richard Keogh
Harry Maguire
Moses Odubajo
Mohamed Diame

All could bring something to the squad that we dont currently have, and help us extend our run of form. Particularly Austin, Keogh, Diame and Townsend.

I also think Lawrence and Chilwell will deserve to come back and compete for the 16. Lawrencw has been incredibly impressive in his time at Blackburn.

We are rumoured to be after Demarai Gray again in January to add to our counter attacking pace.
There are 7 players i think we should be keeping a proper eye on for Jan who could all be useful to the squad:

Demarai Gray
Andros Townsend
Charlie Austin
Richard Keogh
Harry Maguire
Moses Odubajo
Mohamed Diame

All could bring something to the squad that we dont currently have, and help us extend our run of form. Particularly Austin, Keogh, Diame and Townsend.

I also think Lawrence and Chilwell will deserve to come back and compete for the 16. Lawrencw has been incredibly impressive in his time at Blackburn.
Have you sent this list to Claudio?

Not sure that list is high quality enough.

Andros Townsend is all hype and no substance. He is nowhere near as good as Albrighton or Schlupp, and may as well be playing a different sport to Mahrez. Has a shitty attitude too by the looks of things.

If we do make signings they need to be top quality. There is no point in just bringing in numbers.

Andros Townsend? Jesus wept!

We want to keep stroppy, useless, egos out this squad ffs!

He's not as good as Mahrez, Albrighton and Schlupp and his attitude is the complete antithesis to what our and Spurs' (hence why he's been kicked to the reserves there) sides is built on.

It'd be Beckford mk. II.

Let Newcastle spunk money on him and he can join their bunch of wasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669