Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he scores the winner against Chelsea at the end of this season to secure our Premier League title, I'll be convinced.

Makes no difference how much or little you pay its all a gamble- the only difference is the size of the money you lose.

Two things are for certain; first he wouldn't be knackered from playing this season and second unfortunately we need to up our game from Ulloa struggling up front.

Apparently Moscow holding out for £22 million, which is the buy out figure, If we have already offered £18 million will we go all the way for Musa?

This kind of money makes me feel uneasy, we have already proven we can find talent good enough without having to spend that much on one man.

a_156937a.jpg

Leicester-City-Leicester-FC-Nigel-Pearson-Andrej-Kramaric-LCFC-The-Foxes-Leicester-v-Stoke-554799.jpg

This kind of money makes me feel uneasy, we have already proven we can find talent good enough without having to spend that much on one man.

But Vardy and Mahrez have taken 3 years at the club to become that good. There were howls of derision when Vardy first played for us.

If Ranieri wants a Vardy backup then he needs a 'proven' goalscorer at the top level. You do not get one of those at bargain basement prices.

On a general note, why do people care what the club pay in transfer fees and/or wages?

Our owners have proven beyond any doubt to be financially prudent in the running of our club. We wouldn't pay what we couldn't afford.

This is the best chance we may possibly ever have to win the league and/or secure a Champions League spot. Either of these could catapult the club to a new level. This isn't the time to pay peanuts. It's the time to spend what is necessary to get the job done. An experienced premier league player with a solid goalscoring record is not going to be found in the French second division or in non-league.

I'm very happy with the signing of Gray. I know nothing him about him but I hope Amartey is an excellent signing and spends many years with us. But we also need players who can come in the team and do a job now. We can't always wait 1/2/3 seasons for potential to possibly blossom.

Mahrez signed for Leicester in January 2014. So are you saying it's going to be another year before he becomes good?

You're being a little pedantic there, Jeff. It definitely took Mahrez a full season at this level (understandably) to reach the form he is currently showing.

Agree. The fee doesn't make me feel uneasy but at half the price, I'd rather have Loic Remy. How can some guy we've hardly heard of be twice as good as him?

I quite fancy this guy. But I reckon we'll make a move for Berinho before Monday.

I think Berahino will probably get stuck at West Brom until the summer when he'll go on strike in a strop and be sold for £10. Can't see the saga and the way Brom are playing it ending well for them,

In recent times our stand out big money signings have often turned out to be absolute turd at best. We've had Ade (bless him, can't fault the effort), Matt ****in Mills, Krammytits to name 3. doesn't matter who is linked to us if it's big money we've earned the right as fans to think the worst.

In recent times our stand out big money signings have often turned out to be absolute turd at best. We've had Ade (bless him, can't fault the effort), Matt ****in Mills, Krammytits to name 3. doesn't matter who is linked to us if it's big money we've earned the right as fans to think the worst.

Then of course there was the likes of DJ Campbellend and German Breakfast who were expensive for us at the time. Neither really wanted to be here, there's that risk too.

Report that Remy is coming to Leicester on loan for the rest of the season with no buy clause. This has to be the best option for the club. If he gets fit and produces then City are on a winner and Remy gets the chance to show who ever takes over at Chelsea what he can do.

If he remains the lazy talented git then we haven't spent £11.5 million on him.

Last edited:
Report that Remy is coming to Leicester on loan for the rest of the season with no buy clause. This has to be the best option for the club. If he gets fit and produces then City are on a winner and Remy gets the chance to show who ever takes over at Chelsea what he can do.

If he remains the lazy talented git then we haven't spent £11.5 million on him.

That would be a good signing. But I thought the message from the ub last week is that we didn't want him on loan.

That would be a good signing. But I thought the message from the ub last week is that we didn't want him on loan.

It maybe that the club have no other option. Take him on loan or don't have him. I read that he's due for a medical tomorrow. If Remy has one eye on the Euros then this could be an amazing signing. Maybe Chelsea see him as someone who can bang in a few goals for us and sell him in the summer for a few million more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669