Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, where has this Remy rumour gained legitimacy?

Can't sign him if he's a full kit wanker before we've even signed him.

Looks like he's come here straight from training at Chelsea!

The photo was taken after our game against Chelsea in December.

Ah right, that explains the late night training sessions for Chelsea on a Friday night then.

Why the **** has Motown posted it now!?!

Ah yes, the bigger and also completely different picture that doesn't even feature the same player as the first picture.

If I wanted to read bullshit I would go to FoxesTalk.

I think this mocking of people for questioning whether Remy fits into our side because people used to question Yakubu for not "running round a lot" is missing the point.

Our entire style of play and the reason we are top of the league is because of our high energy pressing game and team spirit and Vardy leads the line in that. Now, are we going to make Remy the main focal point of our attack to facilitate him over Vardy or is he going to play the support role Okazaki and Ulloa have had to do? Or are we going to make Remy now the focal point of our attacks and drop Vardy back to the support role moving out to the channels to stretch defences which he played last season. Or are we going to play both as advanced forwards and negate any kind of linking role?

Remy has never been known for his work rate it pressing game, it was always a criticism of him when QPR signed him and people were questioning whether he fitted in.

He's also a French international and a much bigger name than anywhere anyone in our squad has come from. Will we feel obliged to fit him in? Will he be able to settle into the cliched team spirit? Will he be on bigger wages than everyone else coming from Chelsea which will cause other first teamers to feel a bit bummed?

I was a massive fan of Yakubu when he was here, but signing Remy definitely makes me feel a bit uneasy and I'm not sure he really fits in with what we are about as a side.

Steve Walsh is the best scout in the country imo, but when he was at Newcastle under Keegan he recommended Faustino Asprilla who is often considered the signing that cost Newcastle the title and had that debilitating affect on the dressing room and also their style of play which was built round Les Ferdinand up front and constantly trying to shoehorn Asprilla into the attack negated some of Ferdinand's presence. Asprilla wasn't a bad player at all but he just didn't suit Newcastle at that time.

And I dunno. There is a bit of an air of that Asprilla signing for me about this. You do get the feeling Eder, who is known as a hard working, high pressing forward was our first choice and Remy wasn't. I hope Walsh hasn't made the same mistake twice.

That said, I obviously hope all that is proven horribly wrong and Remy is a massive success but I can certainly see why people have reservations over this and not in a "he's shit" or a "he's lazy like Yakubu" kind of way.

Walsh is far more experienced than he was then.

We haven't signed Remy.

He's also a French international and a much bigger name than anywhere anyone in our squad has come from. Will we feel obliged to fit him in? Will he be able to settle into the cliched team spirit?

Doesn't seem to have been a problem with Inler, who was the biggest 'name' we signed in the summer. Though whether Remy is as professional I've no idea.

As for Asprilla, my recollection is that the 'he cost them the title' stuff was lazy journalism. He was a terrific player who added a different dimension to Newcastle. It was a combination of nerves and their flaky defence that did for their challenge.

We are in an odd position, in that signing a player who only performs for the remainder of the season would be a sensible thing to do. This is a rare situation. That being the case, if we can't get Musa I would actually like to see us move for Berahino. He may quickly get bored, but I'd be surprised if he couldn't maintain focus and effort for a run-in which could see him end up with a Premier League medal, particularly given how his career has stalled (yes, I know it's mostly his own fault).

I'm not sure what I think about Remy. His reputation was tainted by his odd swerve from Newcastle to QPR for money and then he went back to Newcastle quite oddly considering he'd snubbed them not long before.

He joined Chelsea in 2014 to play second or third fiddle to Costa too which can only have been for the money. He was supposed to be joining Liverpool that summer as a replacement for Suarez.

On the other hand, five teams have already saw fit to pay fees of between £6.5m and £12.5m for him already.

In his three years in England, he's made 52 starts and 33 sub appearances (29 of these at Chelsea). He was also used as a sub quite regularly at Marseille. He's actually missed matches five times over the three years with injuries, missing a total of 31 games. These injuries have almost exclusively been groin/calf problems which could be better managed by our physios.

He's scored 32 times in England. He's undoubtedly a very capable finisher and has good pace. He likes to shoot from any angle and distance. He can play in wide attacking positions but doesn't seem as effective there.

Houllier managed him at Lyon. He made some interesting 'Jamie Vardy-esque' comments about him in 2014.

“He can create chances as well (as score) but I think importantly he is a modern striker. Loic is always on the move. He is very dynamic, he can play on the left side as well as up front. He’s a very nice guy as well. Quite quiet but very focused on his job. He has a superb work ethic.

But unlike some strikers he isn’t obsessed with goals or targets, for him it’s about producing for the good of the team. He is the perfect example of a team player. Loic doesn’t shy away from the defensive side to his game. He’s very clever, he knows when he needs to defend and when he can attack and his pace makes him a huge asset in both those phases because he can close down quickly and he can break at speed. His versatility is important and it’s the reason why they like him in the national side.

Where ever Loic goes he scores goals he’s proven that. He likes to run into the spaces behind the defenders".

I like that quote

Interesting. I've seen to little of him to judge really. But that quote got me more excited about the signing

We should re-sign Iain Hume.
img_pod_1102-tahrir-square-extreme-insult-unrest-in-egypt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673