Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually i take a lot of the paper rumours with a pinch of salt but the Remy one seriously seems to be building. What are your thoughts? I think he would be a great buy - providing the price is less than £11.5m!

He actually seems hardworking when on the pitch and really lively. He scores plenty when he's on - could be brilliant. I hope that we still have our long term target approach with the stats being important rather than the Sven "established players only" approach. It seems the first two singings this Jan show that approach is still going - there's something I don't like about going for so called "proven players." which is absurd.

I agree with this, but there's a difference between buying a squad of them and buying one or two to tide you over for a particular goal. Huth is an example, as was KP in the promotion year. If we can't get our future star striker, then someone offering more than/different to Leo will be a positive influence on the rest of the season.

I've thought he seemed decent enough whenever I've seen him, certainly for Newcastle and QPR. Each to their own.

You've watched him on the weeks his critics haven't. He's going to score or be a big pile of shite, doesn't seem to be much inbetween for him.

Are people really complaining about this? We desperately need a striker, and for a January window it'll be a struggle to get anyone much better. He has a good Premier League scoring record. Would you rather we keep persist with Ulloa and just piss our title challenge away?

And £11.5m is a fair price IMO. McCormack has already been mentioned, but what about Afobe (zero premier league matches) going for £10m?

If we pull this off, I may end up pulling myself off.

Really don't want Remy but maybe the club figure it's the only option to add before the end of the season and feel it's worth the gamble if it can add some extra goals in our run in. Really don't think he fits in with our ethos though.. can you really imagine him busting a gut to win the ball back for us if we're a goal down...

Really don't want Remy but maybe the club figure it's the only option to add before the end of the season and feel it's worth the gamble if it can add some extra goals in our run in. Really don't think he fits in with our ethos though.. can you really imagine him busting a gut to win the ball back for us if we're a goal down...

We should re-sign Iain Hume. I'm sure he'll bust his gut to win the ball back for us if we're a goal down.

Remind me; which division were we playing in then, and where did we end up?

I don't understand what you're getting at. The point I'm making is that if you're a good enough player you might not need to do the things that borderfox mentioned.

I don't understand what you're getting at. The point I'm making is that if you're a good enough player you might not need to do the things that borderfox mentioned.
Not getting at much at all. But to play in our team today you might need to do the things Borderfox mentioned. Otherwise Kramaric wouldn't be in Germany right now.

One thing that he's got over all our current players is that he's won a Premier League Winners Medal recently and could be a cool head that's needed when it gets a bit tasty, as it will do before the season end. We should see if he has "it" in the next 3 games.

And Jordan Rhodes is about to sign for Middlesbrough for £9m.

£11.5m for Remy is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670