Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're top of the league precisely because we stopped signing players with attitudes likes Berahino's.

I think Kramaric would have been a better bet than Ulloa who yet again had a shocker when coming on as sub
And you know this how? You've seen as little of him as anyone else yet you think he's a saviour? How are people so insightful? It's amazing!

To be fair I could have done a better job than me old mate Leo did today.

When he just stood waiting for the ball rather than actually meeting it and drilling the fecker into the net like any Premier League striker should.....doh

There is obviously something lacking about Kramaric's game that means Claudio believe he is surplus to requirements, however I would be concerned if we didn't bring in an additional striker because as every game goes by I am less and less convinced that Ulloa is any kind of viable alternative to either Vardy or Shinji.

Based on performances this season, I honestly believe we would have been better retaining Nugent as his all round game would have been far better suited to our high tempo game.

Lots of talk about every club being rocked by shock moves for whizz aces, it seems. Can it be true?

And you know this how? You've seen as little of him as anyone else yet you think he's a saviour? How are people so insightful? It's amazing!
It isn't that people think that he could be a 'saviour' it's that, given the woeful form of Ulloa, it is hard to imagine that Kramaric is worse. You are right, we have seen little to nothing of him but I still think he's offered more in those small cameos than Ulloa has all season long and therein lies the problem! You're correct, he's an unknown quantity and we don't see what the coaches do but on the same token they must see in Ulloa what we do on a Saturday. If Kramaric is worse than that then it would be amazing quite frankly.

It isn't that people think that he could be a 'saviour' it's that, given the woeful form of Ulloa, it is hard to imagine that Kramaric is worse. You are right, we have seen little to nothing of him but I still think he's offered more in those small cameos than Ulloa has all season long and therein lies the problem! You're correct, he's an unknown quantity and we don't see what the coaches do but on the same token they must see in Ulloa what we do on a Saturday. If Kramaric is worse than that then it would be amazing quite frankly.
I suppose we differ on what Ulloa offers. He's not a world beater but he does offer good hold up play IMO and isn't nearly as terrible as some like to make out.

I have always been a fan of Ulloa, recently though he has been very poor.

I suppose we differ on what Ulloa offers. He's not a world beater but he does offer good hold up play IMO and isn't nearly as terrible as some like to make out.
The thing is, he isn't even offering this at present. He seems so pedestrian and rarely gets to a ball in time to hold it up. When he did have the ball at his feet yesterday he was hopelessly unaware of what to do with it and ended up gifting it back to Villa. He is the type of player who should be doing all that you have correctly identified; the thing is, he's not capable of it at the moment.

If we don't improve in this area it'll be incredibly disappointing. Our options are so limited and that is why I think some people are intrigued by the whole situation surrounding Kramaric. He may be awful for all I know but I am struggling with the concept that he can be worse than Ulloa.

There was a lot of dismay and disapproval during deadline day when we were linked to Walters of Stoke. He is doing for Stoke what Ulloa should be doing for us week in week out, hence why he valuable to them. Not a world beater but a great hold up player.

(I'm not saying we should try and sign Walters by the way; it was merely an example!)

The thing is, he isn't even offering this at present. He seems so pedestrian and rarely gets to a ball in time to hold it up. When he did have the ball at his feet yesterday he was hopelessly unaware of what to do with it and ended up gifting it back to Villa. He is the type of player who should be doing all that you have correctly identified; the thing is, he's not capable of it at the moment.

If we don't improve in this area it'll be incredibly disappointing. Our options are so limited and that is why I think some people are intrigued by the whole situation surrounding Kramaric. He may be awful for all I know but I am struggling with the concept that he can be worse than Ulloa.

There was a lot of dismay and disapproval during deadline day when we were linked to Walters of Stoke. He is doing for Stoke what Ulloa should be doing for us week in week out, hence why he valuable to them. Not a world beater but a great hold up player.

(I'm not saying we should try and sign Walters by the way; it was merely an example!)
But MahRex and Vardy aren't doing what they should be either at the minute. Kate also looks a little out of sorts. We can't buy replacements for all of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if we bought in a tried and tested forward. For me, Austin is a big injury risk but I'd have been happy with him. Slimani could be a huge bust or a success, we have no idea and could be no better than an out of form Ulloa.

Sorry Matt B but Ulloa is truly shocking and at the moment is incapable of even the basics at the moment, his first touch is so poor that his second touch is a tackle ....if he isn't too slow. His form is beyond rubbish at present and in recent performances has offered absolutely nothing.

Sorry Matt B but Ulloa is truly shocking and at the moment is incapable of even the basics at the moment, his first touch is so poor that his second touch is a tackle ....if he isn't too slow. His form is beyond rubbish at present and in recent performances has offered absolutely nothing.

I have to agree. I have never ever been that impressed with him. For a big man he has no bottle or aggression in his play whatsoever. I've said before, it's about time he grew some bollocks. He's just too nice to be successful at this level.

Pearson signed him because Wes Morgan said he was the most difficult player in the Championship to defend against but Brighton fans did warn us he would be too lightweight for the Premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566