Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deeney?

He's a ****ing handful on the pitch and seems a leader off it. Made the other lad at Watford.

Lots of wonga, but he's a good age and seems to be improving every year.

Hopefully not a replacement for Vardy, but the two together will cause massive problems.

Suspect he's a Ulloa replacement, but we shall see. I've grown a real soft spot for Lenny.

Apparently the £25m has been rejected!

Thank feck for that. Hope we don't go in for any more. Surely we can get better for that money?

Also mentions Lewis Dunk in there. Would be pretty chuffed if we could add him to the squad. Fairly young pretty commanding defender who is a big threat from set pieces. £7m seems a bit of a snip.

Deeney is an intelligent player who creates a lot of chances, and I would be happy to have him in the squad, but the prices being mentioned are far to high.

£10-15 million maybe.

I very much doubt the £25m or £32m is the actual transfer fee, I would imagine it to be heavily incentivised with bonuses for appearances, goals, PL and CL success and possible international call ups etc. Most of our recent deals have been structured in this way.

Deeney wants to come and Watford know it's going to happen. Therefore, I expect them to inflate the true transfer fee in order to placate their fans who will be gutted to lose their talisman.

When it was reported a few weeks ago that we'd offered £20m. Those in the know immediately said the true figure was much, much lower than that.

It seems that Watford want us to pay the 'sell on' fee to Walsall, even though they have had the benefit since he has been with them!

If he wants to come, let him put in a transfer request. Deeney will his lose personal bonuses but we can make that up. Watford will not just banish him to the training ground. They will sell him for a more reasonable price?

I thought he was average here. Haven't seen him since so maybe he has improved.

This was at the same time Drinkwater, Kane and Vardy were struggling to make an impact in our team and were consigned to the bench, if he has been able to improve at a similar rate then he will be a unrecognisable to the player he was 3 years ago

tell Watford fans its £30 million to shut them up,in reality £20 mill +10mill for EPL £10mill CL title, id gladly give £30mill... the main thing for me is his desire to join us (as it appears so do Mendy and Musa), they have made up their minds quicker than Vardy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669