Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell Watford fans its £30 million to shut them up,in reality £20 mill +10mill for EPL £10mill CL title, id gladly give £30mill... the main thing for me is his desire to join us (as it appears so do Mendy and Musa), they have made up their minds quicker than Vardy lol

I need a degree in wibbleology to be able to decode this.

tell Watford fans its £30 million to shut them up,in reality £20 mill +10mill for EPL £10mill CL title, id gladly give £30mill... the main thing for me is his desire to join us (as it appears so do Mendy and Musa), they have made up their minds quicker than Vardy lol

Seriously...what?!

Seriously...what?!

tell Watford fans its £30 million to shut them up

Give them £30m to keep hush, not sure what about but it's not a bad bribe.

in reality £20 mill +10mill for EPL £10mill CL title, id gladly give £30mill...

When it comes to paying the bribe give them a £20 mill (guessing a model not to scale) plus a £10 mill in exchange for edible panty liners and another £10 mill for the use of Craig Levein's name.

Wtf? I know the summer is always a bit of a free-for-all, but the last few days have felt like we're back in the Sven era or something.

I trust Walsh and all but £25mil for Deeney? £11mil for Michael Keane? £7mil for Lewis Dunk? Wtf? These don't feel like sensible Steve Walsh type of bids at all, it feels about like we've abandoned our principles.

Can't help but think if this is what we're going to be bidding for players we're slightly wasting our once-in-a-lifetime added reputation boost and financial clout we've got this summer.

Not that I'd have a problem with getting these kind of players in to boost the squad, but the kind of prices being quoted are insane.

Again, I trust Walsh, but this is all a bit bizarre and doesn't feel very Walsh-esque at all.

Internet shite that's why

It's fantastic the players you can bid for and the size of the sums involved when you can just make it up.

I'm going to make one up...

Leicester to sign Nathan Redmond for 12 million.

Wtf? I know the summer is always a bit of a free-for-all, but the last few days have felt like we're back in the Sven era or something.

I trust Walsh and all but £25mil for Deeney? £11mil for Michael Keane? £7mil for Lewis Dunk? Wtf? These don't feel like sensible Steve Walsh type of bids at all, it feels about like we've abandoned our principles.

Can't help but think if this is what we're going to be bidding for players we're slightly wasting our once-in-a-lifetime added reputation boost and financial clout we've got this summer.

Not that I'd have a problem with getting these kind of players in to boost the squad, but the kind of prices being quoted are insane.

Again, I trust Walsh, but this is all a bit bizarre and doesn't feel very Walsh-esque at all.
Relax, PR. Imagine it's pre-Internet time and just wait for anything to be confirmed. It's much easier this way.

I expect that there are at least three sets of made up links to us.

1. Agents using us
2. The media making stuff up to fill papers
3. Our club diverting attention from actual targets

Our signings to tend to be players we've been linked with for a long time (i.e. Deeney) or come out of nowhere (i.e. Zieler). The others to me are just to be ignored.

With all of the premier league clubs having more money this year they have less incentive to sell, and they know the other clubs have more to spend, so prices will inevitably inflate.

Especially when the interested party are the champions looking forward to a champions league campaign.

We will have to accept that we have to pay considerably more than previous seasons, but I doubt it's as much as suggested.

If Deeney puts in a transfer request does that alter the price at all if Watford know he will not stay? I know Deenet would then lose any loyalty bonuses. Would they come off the selling price?

Wow, for that money you'd be convinced he'd be an international player... But then, he's probably an England player and there are many ahead of him. Yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669