Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Slimani play the no.10 role? Seems strange to bring in another striker, when to me were already struggling to get the 4 we've got in... Nice problem to have but seems strange. To me we've got Musa and Vardy for the no.9 job playing to get in behind.

Hope we've signed Slimani but we've been told so many lies by agents this summer I'll wait until the ink is dry.

apparently Liverpool want Fuchs being as they can't get Chilwell. FO I say.

Slimani could play the Okazaki / Ulloa role whilst offering better quality and goalscoring threat, however not quite sure what the feck is going on as that bellend Indykalia was tweeting that he had signed last night, only to be posting links to articles saying he was signing for WBA

Slimani could play the Okazaki / Ulloa role whilst offering better quality and goalscoring threat, however not quite sure what the feck is going on as that bellend Indykalia was tweeting that he had signed last night, only to be posting links to articles saying he was signing for WBA
I think your confusion is directly linked to reading anything by indykalia.

he would be a great addition, surely would chose us over WBA, if it is WBA not West Ham, we seen to have been chasing him for so long surely he would have signed by now. Unless its a last minute deal to hopefully push the price down

A lisbon fan (portuguese) friend of mine wrote this on Slimani:
Slimani has been a beast for us, such a work horse who's really risen himself over the last couple seasons. Fans realize that and appreciate that. I'd like to see him play one final game at Alvalade in front of the home fans if he is indeed being sold. Like JM did a couple weeks ago. I hate to see Slimani go, I'd still love for him to stay at Sporting and be that staple up front like Liedson was for so long. Gonna be a tough player to replace, but Sporting has made a splash in transfer with forwards lately. André from Brazil (who I have low expectations for) and there seems to be traction on bringing in Bas Dost from Wolfsburg. Who if, was played together with Slimani I think would make Sporting serious contenders. But should do well as Slim's replacement in our league IMO.

Sooner see N'Zonzi than Slimani as I can't see us buying both, but maybe Mendy's injury isn't too serious and after yesterday Ranieri feels Amartey is capable of playing a few games in central midfield. I realise he was great yesterday but it was against a quite frankly dreadful Swansea side.

Speculation today that Liverpool want Fuchs. He is obviously a good player, but what he brings to the dressing room may possibly make him our most important player. Players like him make a team's spirit. We must hang on to him.

Sooner see N'Zonzi than Slimani as I can't see us buying both, but maybe Mendy's injury isn't too serious and after yesterday Ranieri feels Amartey is capable of playing a few games in central midfield. I realise he was great yesterday but it was against a quite frankly dreadful Swansea side.

We have the money to buy both and I think we need the depth. Still very worried about RB. Mendy is supposed to be okay for our next game against Liverpool but I reckon Amartey holds his place after that performance. Swansea weren't good but we didn't give them a chance to be good thanks to Drinky and Amartey, having said that we lost to Hull who are a poor side and will probably be relegated.

Speculation today that Liverpool want Fuchs. He is obviously a good player, but what he brings to the dressing room may possibly make him our most important player. Players like him make a team's spirit. We must hang on to him.

I don't see any chance we sell Fuchs - we are not a selling team anymore and don't need the money. As you said he's an important part of the team spirit. Just reading his tweets makes it clear that he is a leader who knows how to relax his teammates. Selling him would leave us as weak in depth at LB as we are at RB.

I do not think he would want to go as he is moving/retiring to America at the end of the season anyway. Liverpool will not be offering him CL in his last football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669