Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waves goodbye to fans and leaves pitch in tears. That would be a bit odd if he's not leaving.

Cq9-yOwXEAES_kd.jpg
See that ****ing toothache, make you cry!

I like Leo a lot and I think his contribution last year deserves more. That penalty against West Ham showed a lot of bottle. I also doff my cap for that complete performance against Swansea last season.

I think our focus should be midfield and defensive reinforcement. Another striker in my view is unnecessary.

Adrien Silva being highly listed on Sky Sports Top 10 Whispers this morning. Was this who the Chairman was actually at Sporting to see or is it just a cock up and they mean Slimani?

Adrien Silva being highly listed on Sky Sports Top 10 Whispers this morning. Was this who the Chairman was actually at Sporting to see or is it just a cock up and they mean Slimani?

It's an interesting link and appears to have been confirmed by the player: https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...hora-de-sair-de-casa-5361231.html&prev=search

Firstly, it isn't to be confused with Slimani. Slimani is a target irrespective of anything else going on.

Silva was been linked with Spurs for a few weeks but he was never linked with us under Steve Walsh. This could be the first sign of Paul Mitchell's influence?

Mitchell is being prevented from leaving Spurs this window but, if he is indeed biding his time before coming to us, he could easily have discussed targets with our DofF, Ranieri and owners.

The fact that Vichai was in Sporting yesterday does suggest that big business is being done with them - he's certainly not usually so hands on but without Walsh maybe he feels he needs to take control to get the deals done.

Combined deal worth about £50m?!?!?!?!?!

Info on Adrien Silva.

Seems to be a bit of an all round midfielder. He's mainly a central midfielder but can play as an attacking midfielder or wide left. He's also played as a holding midfielder. He's 27 years old and the Sporting Lisbon club captain.

Portuguese international and played in the Euros for them - including being part of the final winning team.

Here's the obligatory You Tube video:

'The sporty design of Leicester is very interesting.'

That it is, Adrien.

It's an interesting link and appears to have been confirmed by the player: https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...hora-de-sair-de-casa-5361231.html&prev=search

Firstly, it isn't to be confused with Slimani. Slimani is a target irrespective of anything else going on.

Silva was been linked with Spurs for a few weeks but he was never linked with us under Steve Walsh. This could be the first sign of Paul Mitchell's influence?

Mitchell is being prevented from leaving Spurs this window but, if he is indeed biding his time before coming to us, he could easily have discussed targets with our DofF, Ranieri and owners.

The fact that Vichai was in Sporting yesterday does suggest that big business is being done with them - he's certainly not usually so hands on but without Walsh maybe he feels he needs to take control to get the deals done.

Combined deal worth about £50m?!?!?!?!?!

Interestingly Inter have just signed Mario from Sporting for £38m. Are they really going to let 3 players go this close to the deadline? They'll certainly be getting some interest from the bank.

Big coup if got Silva and Slimani, especially if they work well together currently.

But as you say, it is one thing to pocket £100million+ from sales, but you still have to put a good team out!

How would we react if we had sold Vardy, Kante and Mahrez a couple of days before the transfer window closes?

Well Lisbon have bought Dost & Castaignos.

Interestingly Inter have just signed Mario from Sporting for £38m. Are they really going to let 3 players go this close to the deadline? They'll certainly be getting some interest from the bank.

They are heavily in debt. As of a couple of years ago, it was circa £300m. I read somewhere that their bank have an agreement where they take 50% of all sales. These finances could be dictating their business especially after they draw Real Madrid and Dortmund in the Champions League which makes any progress in that competition very unlikely.

Latest on this is that his release clause is £38m and Sporting are trying to get as close to this as possible. Looks like Silva's interview is intended to push the deal through which hasn't gone down well with their supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669