Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new centre back can wait. We need a creative midfielder or two immediately.

Evans would be good. A lot of money but a necessary position. Can't see us getting him with Man City still keen too, but good to see we're still trying. Hopefully have other CB targets in mind.

Please please go for Smalling

As much as I think Evans would be great for us it's odd to see Man City linked with him. Surely they can do better?

If we could sell Drinkwater and sign this guy, I'd be elated. He's so much better than Drinkwater. PSG do have to sell players this week which gives it some credibility, especially as he's not a starter for them.

It's also worth pointing out that he and Iborra were good friends when they played together in midfield for Sevilla. As indicated by this: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...opes-grzegorz-krychowiak-doesnt-leave-sevilla

He also wears the number 4 shirt which would make things easy!

If we could sell Drinkwater and sign this guy, I'd be elated. He's so much better than Drinkwater. PSG do have to sell players this week which gives it some credibility, especially as he's not a starter for them.

It's also worth pointing out that he and Iborra were good friends when they played together in midfield for Sevilla. As indicated by this: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...opes-grzegorz-krychowiak-doesnt-leave-sevilla

If we can make this happen, we've scored a hell of a player.

He does look very decent (from the small amount I've seen.)

Not sure how much of a play maker/ creative he is through?

He does look very decent (from the small amount I've seen.)

Not sure how much of a play maker/ creative he is through?

He hasn't a creative bone in his body. He's an excellent shield in front of the defence though. Much better than anyone we've currently got.

He did make the La Liga team of the year in 2015, alongside Ronaldo, Messi, etc. He's also fallen out of the Poland side who are sailing into the World Cup because he's not playing for PSG so it wouldn't be a surprise if he wants to move for first team football.

'Big European club' making a bid for Slimani, according to SSN - as well as possibly Monaco

'Big European club' making a bid for Slimani, according to SSN - as well as possibly Monaco
A lot on here are moaning about the possibility of Townsend replacing Mahrez.

I feel for the Monaco fans possibly having Slimani as a replacement for Mbappe.

A lot on here are moaning about the possibility of Townsend replacing Mahrez.

I feel for the Monaco fans possibly having Slimani as a replacement for Mbappe.
Conversely We'll be asking where the flying feck was that Slimani when he played for us, as the Palace fans think the same as Townsend plays another blinder for us.
Slim gets a needless hard time off a lot of people on here, personally I think if we do sell him, we may well regret it.

Conversely We'll be asking where the flying feck was that Slimani when he played for us, as the Palace fans think the same as Townsend plays another blinder for us.
Slim gets a needless hard time off a lot of people on here, personally I think if we do sell him, we may well regret it.
Agreed, I can barely remember a time when we played to her s strengths.

May as well play Kasper in midfield then claim he's shit.

It appears as though Drinkwater to Chelsea is imminent. Personal terms and transfer fee all agreed (£30m-£35m). All pending us finding a replacement.

If he leaves, it's potentially good for us on three fronts. 1, he's a mardy, erratic fecker that can be excellent but only when the wind is blowing in the right direction and all that. I cannot see him doing well with a bit part at Chelsea. 2, if we're letting him go, we surely must have a replacement agreed that must be Krychowiaka unless he's a decoy for someone as yet unknown. 3, if we're selling Drinkwater, surely we're not selling another big name (Mahrez) as well? It would open the owners up to major criticism so I'd see this sale as good news re Mahrez too.

We're also clearly after another defender. Whether this is Evans or someone similar - Shawcross and Gibson remain realistic options too. Personally, I'd go for Sakho at Liverpool as I think he's perfect for us.

The scrap heap appears to comprise of Benaloune, Mendy, Musa and Slimani. All seem to be on offer to anyone offering us a reasonable deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566