Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears as though Drinkwater to Chelsea is imminent. Personal terms and transfer fee all agreed (£30m-£35m). All pending us finding a replacement.

If he leaves, it's potentially good for us on three fronts. 1, he's a mardy, erratic fecker that can be excellent but only when the wind is blowing in the right direction and all that. I cannot see him doing well with a bit part at Chelsea. 2, if we're letting him go, we surely must have a replacement agreed that must be Krychowiaka unless he's a decoy for someone as yet unknown. 3, if we're selling Drinkwater, surely we're not selling another big name (Mahrez) as well? It would open the owners up to major criticism so I'd see this sale as good news re Mahrez too.

We're also clearly after another defender. Whether this is Evans or someone similar - Shawcross and Gibson remain realistic options too. Personally, I'd go for Sakho at Liverpool as I think he's perfect for us.

The scrap heap appears to comprise of Benaloune, Mendy, Musa and Slimani. All seem to be on offer to anyone offering us a reasonable deal.
And pretty much all of that I would be reasonably happy with.

I would like to add a creative attacking midfielder and, given we were rumoured to be interested in Sigurdsson, I'm surprised we haven't been linked to other similar players.

However, I would be reasonably pleased with our summer, of the above happened.

I have this horrible scenario in my head that Drinkwater leaves and we fail to get in a replacement, leaving us with King, James, Mendy, Ndidi and Iborra. Oh dear.

Why would you say oh dear to Iborra without seeing him?

Maybe a midfield of Iborra and Ndidi would work well?

I have this horrible scenario in my head that Drinkwater leaves and we fail to get in a replacement, leaving us with King, James, Mendy, Ndidi and Iborra. Oh dear.

Whereas the scenario of keeping him means we have King, James, Mendy, Ndidi, Iborra and someone to provide the vital link between left and right central defender and an opposition throw in. Doesn't seem much better to me. There's cock all to lose by selling him.

It appears as though Drinkwater to Chelsea is imminent. Personal terms and transfer fee all agreed (£30m-£35m). All pending us finding a replacement.

If he leaves, it's potentially good for us on three fronts. 1, he's a mardy, erratic fecker that can be excellent but only when the wind is blowing in the right direction and all that. I cannot see him doing well with a bit part at Chelsea. 2, if we're letting him go, we surely must have a replacement agreed that must be Krychowiaka unless he's a decoy for someone as yet unknown. 3, if we're selling Drinkwater, surely we're not selling another big name (Mahrez) as well? It would open the owners up to major criticism so I'd see this sale as good news re Mahrez too.

We're also clearly after another defender. Whether this is Evans or someone similar - Shawcross and Gibson remain realistic options too. Personally, I'd go for Sakho at Liverpool as I think he's perfect for us.

The scrap heap appears to comprise of Benaloune, Mendy, Musa and Slimani. All seem to be on offer to anyone offering us a reasonable deal.
Just a heads-up that Polish includes a shitload of different cases that can make a name look different depending on context, so I think Krychowiak would be accurate in English. And from what you said I do hope we sign this man

Why would you say oh dear to Iborra without seeing him?

Maybe a midfield of Iborra and Ndidi would work well?
Ndidi has been poor recently and I wasn't too impressed with Iborra in preseason.

I'm confident that Ndidi will work out well in the end. Give him an experienced and consistent midfielder next to him and I'm sure he'll flourish. The boy's only 20*

*or thereabouts

Iborra may be amazing. If Mendy is finally mended, maybe he will be really good as well.
Maybe we should let them play a couple of games before deciding they are not good enough.
Maybe Drinkwater has been found out now that Kante has gone and no longer covering for him.
Again £35million is a big profit on Drinkwater and can be reinvested in a good replacement.
At least when Mahrez says he would like to move, he still puts a shift in and shows why we signed him in the first place.
Drinky just sulks and decides that passing backwards is his idea of attacking.

Selling Drinkwater would mean losing the only creative midfielder Leicester have. If that's the case I hope there is a like for like replacement lined up and not just a defensive one.

I read earlier today that Leicester are rumoured to be interested in Howedes at Schalke, can't find the link now though.

I'd still like to see a creative mid come in, but the thinking behind the PSG guy as a replacement for Drinky could make sense. Let Ndidi get forward more which he's good at.

Or play two defensive midfielders to help protect the back 4 and give us a solid spine, which then potentially gives the option of playing two attacking wingers - Gray and Mahrez.

Selling Drinkwater would mean losing the only creative midfielder Leicester have. If that's the case I hope there is a like for like replacement lined up and not just a defensive one.

I read earlier today that Leicester are rumoured to be interested in Howedes at Schalke, can't find the link now though.
Drinkwater's "creativity" is overblown, it's basically a long punt to Vardy to chase in between 10 min spells of passing to Morgan and Simpson never once looking up or turning to go forward, we use Mahrez and to a lesser extent Albrighton to create things, unless we go to a 3 man midfield all we need on our CM are defensive players due to our style of play

Iborra will be the new Inler.

I can tolerate a quality midfielder warming the bench while we win the league again

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

At a guess, I think we have seen the best of Drinkwater anyway and if he fancies spending match days on the Chelsea bench - good luck to him providing we get circa £35m. Doubt if Iborra has the pace for the PL; James a very decent Championship standard player; King similar standard to James; Mendy not going to make an impact in the PL. Ndidi currently out of form but to be expected cos he's very young and has shown exceptional ability So hope we have our sights set on a better than Drinkwater replacement. Even then I suspect that 2 central midfielders isn't enough against the better sides and there may still be a need for Iborra. Its highly probable that Ranieri had it right that we needed to move on from 4-4-2 when necessary and Shakey may have to boss the old guard into accepting change - if he wants to keep his job.

Arsenal now in for Evans as well - his price will go up and up and he'll end up at Man City

So that one's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670