Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with much of your post Red, but it's a bit harsh on Mendy and Iborra whose respective injuries have kept them sidelined, surely unfair to judge these players until they have had a run in the team. Your point about needing to change formation when necessary is spot on. No doubt that in trying to instigate change cost Ranieri his job. The old guard may indeed have to accept the inevitable. Jose made a very good point before the match, 'Leicester have not changed their approach in two years' speaks volumes about the total lack of plan b,c and d. Shakey has to do better, my fear is he is not capable.

From BBC about Evans - don't think this gives us much chance of signing him! Maybe we could bid for Mangala too?

Bear with me on this one...

Arsenal have joined Manchester City and Leicester City in the race to sign West Brom centre-back Jonny Evans.

Evans will only be allowed to leave The Hawthorns once the Baggies have a replacement.

Their preferred target is Manchester City's Eliaquim Mangala and with Manchester City the preferred destination for Evans, that deal would appear straightforward.

However, Mangala would prefer to join Inter Milan.

To further complicate matters, Inter's prime target is thought to be Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi.

But the Gunners will only sanction the departure of Mustafi if they have a replacement, ideally Evans.

But, as mentioned, West Brom will not let Evans go unless they have a replacement - ideally Mangala - and Manchester City will not let Mangala join West Brom unless they get Evans.

Get all that?

Get Shawcross and revive his career.

Our ambition is to become the new West Brom, by buying their cast off players

Feckin' brilliant

Our ambition is to become the new West Brom, by buying their cast off players

Feckin' brilliant
A couple of my posts, from earlier in the summer....
:boy hug:
So it's a no to Barkley, but a yes to Deeney? :104:

I think you and I might see things a bit differently, Micky, buddy.

I also think, despite what people think of these two players, the signing of one of them would be interpreted as a sign of a club on the up and the other would be viewed as a club who are comfortably settling into West Brom territory.

I've used West Brom as an example of the point I was trying to make, rather than them in particular. I could easily have used Stoke as an alternative.

I look at Everton and Southampton who are viewed at a level above those teams (IMO), in terms of how they are perceived. I'd like to be in that bracket, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669