Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up. That's old news.

Latest I read was that Shakespeare had identified James McCarthy as the man to replace Drinkwater.

If that happens and Mahrez goes to be replaced by Townsend, my bet on us getting relegated will look very good!
You really think we'd stand a chance of getting relegated if those two things happened, considering the utter dross that's in the league this year?

Ultimately Drinkwater and Mahrez were really poor last season, and we finished 12th. If McCarthy and Townsend replace them and are really poor, then I'm not sure how this equals relegation. Especially considering we've strengthened our defence with Maguire.

The over reactions on this site are bordering on the insane.

According to various they're in for Oxlade-Chamberlin, Barkley and Drinkwater. They're obviously after the league cup this year, fair play to them.

Ox is also reported as not wanting to go as he wants a midfield spot rather than to be a wing back. An ambitious club in our situation ought to ask the question

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

The player may be better off that in telling the club he wants to go, he releases them from the requirement to pay anything further under his contract and it therefore means that the club will be more likely to release him from that contract.

So Shakey can now tell Drinky he is training with the reserves on whatever the minumum per week is in his contract for turning up for work?

They will not release him surely unless someone offers a reasonable sum though?

If someone is attending a medical in the morning does that mean he has said yes to the club?

Could he go for a medical to a second club in the afternoon and then choose the best offer?

I'd think it unlikely, but then I actively avoid running in a way that professional sportspeople do not

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If someone is attending a medical in the morning does that mean he has said yes to the club?

Could he go for a medical to a second club in the afternoon and then choose the best offer?
Medicals do not necessarily mean that a deal has been agreed, sometimes, particularly on deadline day, a medical might take place even before the clubs have agreed terms.

Worried our rumours seem to be slowing down/the players we're being linked to now looking more likely to go elsewhere.

Evans and Krychowiak are both the right ilk of signing in terms of positions and quality, but looks like we're going to miss out on both. Gotta hope Shakey/Macia/Rudkin have other options up there sleeves.

If Drinkwater goes and we haven't got a replacement lined up, I think it would be very risky to let Mendy go.

A lot of work to be done in the next 31 or so hours.

CB and CM needed. I think CM becomes priority if Drinky goes.

If Drinkwater goes and we haven't got a replacement lined up, I think it would be very risky to let Mendy go.

A lot of work to be done in the next 31 or so hours.

CB and CM needed. I think CM becomes priority if Drinky goes.
the replacement is apparently Ben Osborne for £11m

Renato Sanches off to Swansea on loan? Obviously they've got the Paul Clement/Bayern connection but still, insanely good signing

Interesting tweet from the chap from the Mercury:

Seems as though Drinkwater expected a move to Chelsea to go through easily. It turns out that we're asking for £40m and Chelsea are only offering £25m. So, according to someone on Sky last night, Drinkwater's agent has told him that the only way to force through the move was to agitate for it and cause trouble. Much like several other players at other clubs are doing right now.

The distasteful side of this for me, is that this is the self same Drinkwater that said the following last August when we tripled his salary:

“I’ve loved playing for this Club, it’s been perfect for me and my career and I want to be here for a long time to come. I couldn’t be happier. I’ve grown a lot as a player and a person in the last four years and Leicester City has been a massive part of that. I owe a lot to the staff here for helping me get to this point – they’ve been quality. And I love being part of this team. We’ve been through so much together and I’m sure there’s a lot more to come.”

I think it's time to draw a line in the sand and it would be good if several clubs did it at the same time. Stop pretending that you're injured and get the feck on with doing your job for the employer that you were delighted to be with until someone turned your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566