Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41095184

This is the mark of an upwards club. Strengthening at the back, IMO Gibbs is an excellent signing and Krychowiak even more.
If West Brom had a striker, they'd be an outside bet for a Europa league spot. And I mean that seriously.
Agreed, but then looking at the outside at City:

They have bought Iborra and Maguire, both good signings -strengthening their back line and midfield.

If they could add a creative midfielder to that and keep Mahrez they may get top 6...

They have bought Iborra and Maguire, both good signings -strengthening their back line and midfield.

If they could add a creative midfielder to that and keep Mahrez they may get top 6...
This is an excellent post. Total perspective on the reality of the situation. It'll be lost in this thread.

That's, bizarrely, a really interesting way of looking at it. Thing is, West Brom so far have also shown that they know how to win, though I appreciate they haven't really played a top top team yet.
We've won one game this season, against opposition that basically brought their own lube.

We have a manager who is learning his trade, he will do so quickly and we will improve.

If before a ball was kicked we had all been asked to predict our points tally after three games against the sides we have faced, only someone ready to be sectioned would have predicted more than our current 3 point tally.

I'm really not bothered about losing Drinkwater, and surprised Chelsea even want him.

He's had one great season out of three in the Premier League, and that was the season where everyone was immense and everything just clicked. He was complete dog turd last season, and couldn't even get in the team ahead of Matty James during the great escape season.

I'm really not bothered about losing Drinkwater, and surprised Chelsea even want him.

He's had one great season out of three in the Premier League, and that was the season where everyone was immense and everything just clicked. He was complete dog turd last season, and couldn't even get in the team ahead of Matty James during the great escape season.
Ditto, he's not injured I don't think - put him in the stiffs (no Homer).

We have a manager who is learning his trade, he will do so quickly and we will improve.

If before a ball was kicked we had all been asked to predict our points tally after three games against the sides we have faced, only someone ready to be sectioned would have predicted more than our current 3 point tally.
Absolutely. We've made the signing of the season in Maguire, added an experienced midfielder and look to be trying to ship out some dead wood. We've lost away games to Arsenal and Manchester United and yet some of the flapping and pant wetting on here is ludicrous.

Ray Wilkins says Drinkwater shouldn't join Chelsea as he won't get to play

To be fair, I'm not sure he'd play that much for us - he could easily fetch up behind Ndidi, James and Iborra. So, warming the bench at Chelsea might seem more attractive than our bench.

To be fair, I'm not sure he'd play that much for us - he could easily fetch up behind Ndidi, James and Iborra. So, warming the bench at Chelsea might seem more attractive than our bench.

If he is picked behind James then Shakespeare is a complete joke. (and yes I know in a season theee years ago when we were largely terrible James was supposedly good but we have moved on).

IMHO, selling Drinkwater for the right price isn't that big a deal, as long as we have appropriate replacements lined up, and if James is the replacement, we might as well pack it all in now.

James is, at best, a hardworking player, other than that, his mobility, passing, vision, creativity, shooting, flair and technique are nowhere near good enough.

I think the difference between James and Drinkwater is pretty minimal. If the offer is decent I wouldn't be too fussed if he leaves. As has been said, he'll likely be warming the bench at Chelsea but maybe that's an improvement over potentially warming the bench here...

Imagine this day ending and we have lost

Mahrez
Drinkwater
Gray
Slimani

What a wonderful thought.

It is Vardy going in the next window. You wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566