Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Shakey would just like the option of playing 3 CB's next season for certain games.

sounds too logical we should go with the BN conspiracy theory.

I'm starting to put 2+2 together with our transfer targets. If we're seriously after another experienced central defender (especially a left sided one like Evans), I think we may be looking to play three central defenders next season. Otherwise, we're overdoing it surely?

I definitely think we're looking at 3 at the back next season when you look at who we're after/supposedly after.

Centre backs and strikers seem to the main priority, suggesting we'll still play 2 up front, but also still chasing Sigurdsson.

Whereas right back is the area we have least cover but not seen us linked to anyone.

I definitely think we're looking at 3 at the back next season when you look at who we're after/supposedly after.

Centre backs and strikers seem to the main priority, suggesting we'll still play 2 up front, but also still chasing Sigurdsson.

Whereas right back is the area we have least cover but not seen us linked to anyone.

Unless we're considering Albrighton and Simpson for the right wing back position in which case, no need for anyone else.

Unless we're considering Albrighton and Simpson for the right wing back position in which case, no need for anyone else.

Yep agreed which is why I think we're looking at 3-5-2/3-4-3

Only question there is how you fit Gray (or Mahrez if he stays) in.

Yep agreed which is why I think we're looking at 3-5-2/3-4-3

Only question there is how you fit Gray (or Mahrez if he stays) in.
Mahrez always looked most dangerous when given a free role behind the strikers. If you accept him as a luxury player - periods of trying to beat three players interspersed with a bits of brilliance, he will not disappoint, particularly if he is still here trying to attract big offers.

Mahrez always looked most dangerous when given a free role behind the strikers. If you accept him as a luxury player - periods of trying to beat three players interspersed with a bits of brilliance, he will not disappoint, particularly if he is still here trying to attract big offers.

When put there last season he didn't impress. A bit of brilliance during each game is pointless if it doesn't result in a goal. This is just another example of mahrez excuse making by certain fans.

I expect Shakespeare is preparing with the assumption that Mahrez will be gone, and I too believe we will see a change of formation, If he does stay then Mahrez could try and sit behind the strikers, with Vardy running into the channels it could create some dangerous space for him if he is able to adapt.

I expect Shakespeare is preparing with the assumption that Mahrez will be gone...
I think everybody ought to accept that assumption, because he'll be gone before the window closes. Regardless of the lack of offers now, he's said he wants to go and there'll be clubs wanting him.

It is almost surreal that we have posters who can say that So And So is not good enough to play for us now and the same player just 2 or 3 years ago would have been an extraordinary coup. We have much higher expectations of the sort of player we can attract as former Champions. Unfortunately last years slide downwards/backwards will have made many players more wary of us as not being a stable top 8 team.

It is almost surreal that we have posters who can say that So And So is not good enough to play for us now and the same player just 2 or 3 years ago would have been an extraordinary coup. We have much higher expectations of the sort of player we can attract as former Champions. Unfortunately last years slide downwards/backwards will have made many players more wary of us as not being a stable top 8 team.
Well known that I have my doubts about Shakey,, but Mike that post is more negative than I am.

Especially as we still seem keen on shitting money away on Jonny feckin' Evans

Depressing stuff at the moment

Especially as we still seem keen on shitting money away on Jonny feckin' Evans

Depressing stuff at the moment
But we're stying up, right?

Right?

Please say we're staying up :087:

Personally, I've never got the fuss over Keane. I thought he was average when here on loan and I've never been overly impressed with him at Burnley. Smalling, Evans and Gibson are all at least as good options as far as I'm concerned.

In other news. the odds on us signing Deeney have dropped like a stone today (https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/troy-deeney/club-after-summer-transfer-window) amidst whispers of a swap deal for Slimani (who played for Silva at Lisbon).

Although I like Slimani a lot, I'd not be averse to that deal.

Oh, and apparently, we're signing some keeper from Newport (Mirror):

"Leicester are closing in on a £100,000 deal for young Newport keeper Rhys Davies. The teenage shot-stopper is in the academy team at League Two County. But Foxes scouts have been trailing him since April after rave reviews and are now poised to snap him up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566