Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the main issue is the delayed arrival of Kelechi who could transform the way we play next season.

And Sigurdsson. Or whoever we sign in his position when he goes to Everton instead.

The way the transfer window usually goes I expect we may have targets who don't become available until their clubs have signed replacements. It's usually the approaching deadline that makes things happen, and that's weeks away.

Possibly the main issue is the delayed arrival of Kelechi who could transform the way we play next season.

I think that's right.

Bit unfair to load Kelechi with over-expectations.....but is the delay about legal issues that are allegedly already resolved or are there other factors like a talented young player doesn't fancy joining a weakish squad led by a manager who doesn't seem quite right at this level? Looks like player power got CS the job with the owners confronted by Ranieri staring at relegation having lost the dressing room ...but are we now seeing the price to be paid.

Difficult but at least we should know the answer within days.

I hope I'm proved wrong but I personally feel the club has been ran terribly for a while.

WHOA!! That is very melodramatic when we've not even seen a competitive game with Shakespeare's signings. And to say we've been run terribly seems a bit strong to me. We've made some half decent signings in the window so far and we've still got over a month left. Wasn't every positive at the start of the window!

Well on reflection I think there is a positive in that we shall know pretty damn quick whether we have the goal scoring power and creative to flourish this season given the tough hand dealt with the early fixtures.

Leicester remain confident of signing Kelechi Iheanacho despite a frustrating delay.

A deal to take the Manchester City striker to the King Power Stadium was expected to be announced by now.
Pep Guardiola explained earlier this month that Iheanacho had not gone with the rest of the squad to the United States in order to complete a move away from the club.

Nearly two weeks on and as the players prepare to head back to Manchester, the Nigerian striker has still not secured his exit although it seems ineviatble.

"I think Kelechi leaves us in favor of Leicester" said Guardiola. "I think so, but I do not want to say anything wrong either. We will see. If that does not happen, he will be part of the group."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.../man-city-transfer-kelechi-iheanacho-13405403

WHOA!! That is very melodramatic when we've not even seen a competitive game with Shakespeare's signings. And to say we've been run terribly seems a bit strong to me. We've made some half decent signings in the window so far and we've still got over a month left. Wasn't every positive at the start of the window!

I don't think so.

We've wasted shit loads of money.

Given out silly contracts

Continue to give out silly contracts to silly players (Ulloa)

Hired a somewhat questionable replacement for SW who should have been given a promotion.

Gone backwards in terms of management

Given in to player power

Upper management in the club off focusing on a new play thing in Belgium.

Lacklustre signings.....again

No, I think some of the decisions from the people paid big bucks have been questionable at the least.

Iheanacho will undoubtedly get us goals given his goals-minutes ratio. But we still need that midfield link. I'd love to sign Sigurddson but second to him, who would we go for? He's so intelligent with his forward play.

I think we'll see Ndidi's best this season and hopefully Matty James can really push this season though I'm not really sure what his strengths are - always reminded me of Andy King.

Still need another CB and RB even if Gylfi and Kelechi are added to the squad. Sell Ulloa, sell Musa, sell Mendy.

Our transfer business can't be helped by the fact that the people who are supposed to get deals done are now part time, dividing their time between us and that Belgian team.

We've signed a defender and 2 players most likely to be backups. If Nacho man signs then that's 2 improvements on last season's team. I'd expect us to need more than that if we want to be safe. People should be cautious about our prospects when we've got rid of a manager and replaced him with someone to keep players happy. Of those who have engineered the situation with player power there's only Vardy worth keeping now IMO. If he leaves we're going to look pretty stupid.

Our transfer business can't be helped by the fact that the people who are supposed to get deals done are now part time, dividing their time between us and that Belgian team.
Even our groundsman has been spending time in Belgium. Looks a big distraction currently.

I think we'll see Ndidi's best this season

We may just as easily see a dip from him this season. Lots of players come to England and look very good for a few weeks (as N'Didi did) but then fade away quite markedly for a period before either adapting to the game here or moving on.

I was very excited about N'Didi but he did start making some quite poor decisions in each game over the last couple of months of last season. I think we're quite reliant on him being the main man in that midfield but fear that it's all a bit much for him at this stage of his career.

King Rat wants to desert the sinking ship.

Oh how embarrassing it would be if he went to any of those sides and became a starter and recognised his potential.

Our attacking options may well be dwindling rather than increasing.

On the other hand if he doesn't want to be here he can **** off.

King Rat wants to desert the sinking ship.

Best for all really. If he was going to get a chance here he would've had more starts last season. If Mahrez is still here by kickoff v Arsenal I can't imagine Gray starting. Hopefully we have a replacement in the pipeline.

Gray isn't in Mahrez's class, and its his own sense of omnipotence that makes him think that he is. If Mahrez leaves, Gray will inherit that position, unfortunately the team will be worse off.

Gray isn't in Mahrez's class, and its his own sense of omnipotence that makes him think that he is. If Mahrez leaves, Gray will inherit that position, unfortunately the team will be worse off.
When will people like yourself realise it doesn't have to be Gray or Mahrez? If we stopped picking Albrighton to defend we could play both and actually have a greater attacking threat

I would be gutted if we lose Gray, because it's not going to stop Mahrez going.

If Mahrez leaves, any replacement we sign for him won't be better than Gray.

I hope it's just talk to get more playing time. Playing in the 2nd team this weekend must've pissed him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566