Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there anything of 'confirmed rumour' status about this Leon Bailey fella? Seems a deal of dosh from the kitty to spend on a winger. Or praps it's one-in/one-out??

Keane
Ndidi
Lucas
and
Gylfi Sigurdsson

possibly a right back too.

ship out Schlupp, Benny to recoup some of the money.
James on loan

Shorter odds that we'll sign Roy Keane.

Don't believe that WBA will pay as much for Schlupp as previously speculated.

Benny must have appreciated in value massively since joining us. Not.

I expect that clubs will be forming a long queue to take James on loan.

It is quite possible that we had summer defensive targets that simply did not end up as done deals.

Maybe money. Maybe attitude/ethos. Sometimes a player wants it in the contract that he will be 'first choice' in a position, or a minimum number of appearances, that Ranieri would not agree to.

I am sure Ranieri was looking for the 'next' generation of CB as backup to Wes, Rob and Was.

£30m wont stretch far but we can hopefully get two decent center backs in as well as Ndidi. Had heard Van Dijk has a £25m release clause. How about trying to tempt him + hopefully we have some 'hidden gems' in mind for the other £5m...!!

£30m wont stretch far but we can hopefully get two decent center backs in as well as Ndidi. Had heard Van Dijk has a £25m release clause. How about trying to tempt him + hopefully we have some 'hidden gems' in mind for the other £5m...!!
I know Xmas is all about drinking lots and having happy thoughts but actually thinking Van Dijk would even contemplate joining us is pure madness

I know Xmas is all about drinking lots and having happy thoughts but actually thinking Van Dijk would even contemplate joining us is pure madness

Yup. We're not a big fish and we weren't in the summer when we looked a better prospect than now. After our recent business I'd expect Ndidi, a foreign version of Junior Lewis and some magic beans and nowt more.

Yup. We're not a big fish and we weren't in the summer when we looked a better prospect than now. After our recent business I'd expect Ndidi, a foreign version of Junior Lewis and some magic beans and nowt more.
Magic beans would be perfect!

If they turn into a beanstalk aye. But we'd probably get the ones with a small weight in that just roll down a hill.
Beanstalk? What sort of forum is that?

Southampton are no bigger than us. Money talks, if the wages we offered were of a good enough improvement I don't see why he wouldn't.

Southampton are no bigger than us. Money talks, if the wages we offered were of a good enough improvement I don't see why he wouldn't.

Southampton have more of a chance of playing in the Premier League next season than we do.

Plus there's talk of Man City being interested.

An absolute non runner, forget about it.

I think some people are a bit hungover after Christmas with their transfer expectations. The chances of get a top quality experienced premier league anything are very slim in the January window anyway. If they are quality with premier league experience, they are already playing for a premier league club. We missed our opportunity to get quality players back in the summer. Now that we are in a relegation battle, the chances have reduced considerably. Even the lure of a few games of European football is not going to be strong enough I fear.
You are exactly right. Properly ****ed it in the summer. One chance...gone.

Keane
Ndidi
Lucas
and
Gylfi Sigurdsson

possibly a right back too.

ship out Schlupp, Benny to recoup some of the money.
James on loan
Before his injury Matty James was very good (IMO better than King). I don't think he should be going.

You are exactly right. Properly ****ed it in the summer. One chance...gone.

We had one chance last year. We took it as everything fell amazingly into line. It won't be repeated again.

And the idea that we missed a chance to continue as we did is weird - realistically, we'd have had to replace 7 or 8 first team players unless you think they're going to produce miracles year-after-year.

Reactions: FIF
I think some posters on here must be bipolar; we win the league last season and we're going to replace Manchester United. We lose a few games this season and we're no better than Newport County.

We are not the biggest draw in Britain, but we have several things going for us when approaching prospective signings: we have a committed owner, who is not afraid to spend, we have a respected manager AND we have Champions' League football. A lot of players will be interested and, with a couple of good signings, we'll float up the division like a cork in champagne!

Smile, we're STILL Premier League Champions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669