Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't 7 teams significantly better than us in the prem. We just need to find our mojo and we'll still get a top 8 finish.

I think top 8 is ambitious but then let's be ambitious!

I'd settle for above the relegation zone the way we're looking at the moment, and I'll revise that when I see new signings.

Tbh, I think we've got a significant amount of re-balancing/rejigging to do in the squad, and undoubtedly some replacements for those that leave too. Hopefully we can kick on in the 2nd half of this season and be looking better shaped for next season.

Yup, we need to make amends for buying 8 million different strikers in the pre-season. The two goals at Everton show that it's not just the Kante factor, those were basic goals that half decent CBs should be able to deal with. Really need those reinforcements adding in defence. I think anyone who thinks we can still break the top 10 is probably in cloud cuckoo-land. You can probably count Palace out now, leaving us as one of four most likely to get relegated if we don't address the issues in our squad. It all starts from becoming hard to beat again. Focus on the defending and the rest will come good...

There aren't 7 teams significantly better than us in the prem. We just need to find our mojo and we'll still get a top 8 finish.

No there are about 15. Reality is reality whether you want to acknowledge it or not. We have been nothing short of shit all season. Yes I see the (somewhat blue-tinted) reasons why the club may be attractive to potential signings. But as a team there are currently few worse than us in the Premier League.

I'm not feeling confident about our upcoming transfer dealings. Ndidi sounds promising, but is young and not used to English football. He might have an immediate impact, but the expectation is he will need some time.

Reports suggest we are looking abroad for our other deals too, again they are likely to need some time to settle.

I think we need some premier league experience to slot straight in, and preferably a couple of leaders.

Personally I think Lampard would be good to have around the place, though not as a player anymore.

I fear that by the time our signings get into gear it could be too late. Though this is our first window with our new recruitment team, so perhaps I should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I think Lampard would be good to have around the place, though not as a player anymore.

I'd have him as a player if it meant not watching Andy King play again.

Certainly looks a quality player on all the available utube videos, but the facts are 28 year old tall left footed Italian International centre back available for around £15 million (i think ManCity offerred £60mill for an international colleague), seems a good bit of business to me.

Certainly looks a quality player on all the available utube videos, but the facts are 28 year old tall left footed Italian International centre back available for around £15 million (i think ManCity offerred £60mill for an international colleague), seems a good bit of business to me.

Sweet baby jesus.

Yup, we need to make amends for buying 8 million different strikers in the pre-season. The two goals at Everton show that it's not just the Kante factor, those were basic goals that half decent CBs should be able to deal with. Really need those reinforcements adding in defence. I think anyone who thinks we can still break the top 10 is probably in cloud cuckoo-land. You can probably count Palace out now, leaving us as one of four most likely to get relegated if we don't address the issues in our squad. It all starts from becoming hard to beat again. Focus on the defending and the rest will come good...

top 10 is 5 points ahead of us. Good God man.

As we appear to be about to start splashing the cash once again, it is worth stating that we're the fifth highest spending club in 2016. Along with being the seventh highest wage bill, this probably means that we're the most underachieving club this season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-in-2016?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

And how are we if you spread the total over the length of contracts or over a ten year period?

The young players that we've signed are not likely to perform immediately.

No chance.

Inclined to agree. Acerbi seems more likely though.

I was just watching a clip on YouTube of Acerbi; he is very left footed, a decent long passer of the ball (suits our style that), looks pretty solid in the tackle, adept at the interceptions (shows he reads the game) and is happy with the ball at his feet. Some of his marauding runs forward reminded me of our very own Wes Morgan. But I've yet to see anything that shows him under the high ball, or even aerial challenges. Given that we invite crosses, it's kinda vital that he's the kind of central defender that can cope with that. He's more in the mould of Morgan than Huth I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669