Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Not sure how they can call Kapustka a 'flop' after such a short amount of time in which he hasn't made a single first team appearance.

Kaputska was a 'one for the future' purchase wasn't he? (Albeit an expensive one) Did we expect him to make the 1st team from the word go? Or were we expecting him to by now? Thinks though, he did appear in the pre-season competition thing didn't he? Against Barcelona??

I genuinely don't know but it doesn't really concern me. I would have though he'd have gone out on loan though.

Kaputska was a 'one for the future' purchase wasn't he? (Albeit an expensive one) Did we expect him to make the 1st team from the word go? Or were we expecting him to by now? Thinks though, he did appear in the pre-season competition thing didn't he? Against Barcelona??

I genuinely don't know but it doesn't really concern me. I would have though he'd have gone out on loan though.
For the love of God don't go anywhere near Foxestalk, they have daily meltdown threads about how the club is a disgrace in not playing Kapustka.

Ranieri says he's not ready for the Premier League. I imagine it's a physicality issue more than anything where he needs to perhaps 'buff up' and just get used to the more physical nature of the football in the Prem, particularly when compared to Poland where I'd assume it's pretty tame in comparison.

To call Kapustka a 'flop' is ludicrous beyond reason. We know next to nothing about him yet. It is The Mirror though so this kind of shite is to be expected.

As for Brady, at first it was quite underwhelming as a potential target but the more I think about it, the more I think he'd be a pretty canny buy. Okay, he's never going to be a world beater but he looks pretty handy and chips in with goals. He was excellent for Ireland in the summer and will definitely provide strong competition for other squad members.

Ranieri says he's not ready for the Premier League. I imagine it's a physicality issue more than anything where he needs to perhaps 'buff up' and just get used to the more physical nature of the football in the Prem, particularly when compared to Poland where I'd assume it's pretty tame in comparison.

Try telling Wasyl that.

but he's not worth £12m

To call Kapustka a 'flop' is ludicrous beyond reason. We know next to nothing about him yet. It is The Mirror though so this kind of shite is to be expected.

Because of his age, I would agree with you that he can't be called a flop because he's still "one for the future."

If he was a few years older I would be agreeing with the Mirror. Yes as fans we don't know anything about him, but surely Claudio has seen plenty of him in training and in the Under 23 games.

The Brady rumour looks like Norwich (or maybe the players agent) are regretting not selling in the summer and are now trying to reignite interest from us.

I'd be surprised if we went back to old targets with a new recruitment regime in place.

Might have guessed that'd be coming about. No thanks. If you're going to spend that money you're looking for someone who's better than what we already have.

He'd be ready made replacement for Schlupp in theory. Can play anywhere down the flank.

That said, with chilwell continued emergence not sure another winger type is needed.

but he's not worth £12m
I agree. Prices are crazy at the moment however and even more so in January. It would be a punt but he'd be a far better option than Schlupp (not that Schlupp looks to be an option at all at the moment!)

If we could offset some of the cost with the sale of Schlupp then I think it'd could be a shrewd move.

Nah, keep the money for someone else. What's the point of signing another winger for the bench. We got those already. Unless, as I've said before, we're losing someone.

Reactions: FIF
Nah, keep the money for someone else. What's the point of signing another winger for the bench. We got those already. Unless, as I've said before, we're losing someone.

Wouldn't be shocked if we lose a couple and for less than we could have received in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669