Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda on a free in the summer! Perhaps he would like to join Sinji at the King Power?
According to our Japanese scout Magellan he's overrated so I'm going to say no on that one. Then again it might be that he's seen as the Lord and Saviour in Japan and even a mere apostle could be good enough for our purposes.

According to our Japanese scout Magellan he's overrated so I'm going to say no on that one. Then again it might be that he's seen as the Lord and Saviour in Japan and even a mere apostle could be good enough for our purposes.

He's not a bad player, and takes a decent free kick. However, he's much more interested in personal acclaim than Shinji, and I don't think he'd sacrifice himself so completely for the team like Okazaki does. He loves the celebrity spotlight too, so not sure how well that would go down with out current squad. We've already got Vardy filling that slot.
The fact that he's seen as the Lord and Saviour is the worst part of it for me. Every match for the Japanese national team begins with long, lingering closeups of him.
Not really followed his performances at Milan, so others can chip in on that.

On the plus side, he did play at CSKA Moscow with Musa.

He could start but could he do "it?"
Highly likely he'd run out of gas and end up forlornly resting at the side as the rest of the world rushed by. He'd then have to focus on recovery, leaving Clownio to consult his roadmap to success once more. I just hope he doesn't end up using the tools on Foxestalk to bring him back up to speed.

Sounding like FT here.

I realise that generally the media talk complete BS concerning transfers but it would be nice to hear Leicester linked with a number of defenders as opposed to attackers.

We don't need more attackers unless they are a step up from what we have - very unlikely - or young players not looking to breakthrough for a couple of years.

Reactions: FIF
Can't help but think we should have upped our bids for him and Silva in the summer. We won't be half as appealing a club if it looks like we are meandering to a mid-table finish rather than challenging for top 7, particularly if some of our own players start looking again at other clubs.

Indeed, the lure of Champions League football won't really make much difference come January unless we start climbing the table.

Can't help but think we should have upped our bids for him and Silva in the summer. We won't be half as appealing a club if it looks like we are meandering to a mid-table finish rather than challenging for top 7, particularly if some of our own players start looking again at other clubs.

I said this in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469