Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports witness reporting weve bid £18 millfor Wilfred Nididi, 19 year old Nigerian 6'-2"plays in Belgium for Genk, primarily a defensive midfieler but can play centre back

We really need a midfielder who already understands the league and can come in without a long 'settling in' period.

We have enough of these types currently not able to do the business.

We really need a midfielder who already understands the league and can come in without a long 'settling in' period.

Someone like N'Golo?

Perhaps I shouldn't, but I can't help thinking that James Morrison from WBA might fit this bill.

Perhaps I shouldn't, but I can't help thinking that James Morrison from WBA might fit this bill.

They're above us in the league. why step down?

Who? How much will he cost? Will he want to play for a team fighting relegation?
It was meant as an answer to Lako's "we really need a midfielder who already understands the league and can come in without a long 'settling in' period.". I agree with that to an extent, but I can't remember Kante needing a long settling in period to understand the league. So the point was that if the the right player comes along, he doesn't necessarily need to already understand the league, not that we should dream of getting Kante back.

They're above us in the league. why step down?

Seems valid, everyone knows once we've had a game in the league, those positions reflect only the exact quality of those teams. There's no way he'd leave WBA for little old Leicester.

Would be nice, but will he leave a high flying Sevilla for a relegation battle?

Perhaps not. Which is why we should have done whatever it took to get him in the summer.

Perhaps not. Which is why we should have done whatever it took to get him in the summer.

We tried. He didn't want to come then either.

I'd like to see us sign Gylfi Sigurdsson. I think I'm right in saying we've been linked with him before, but I think we lack someone creative in central midfield and he offers real quality at set pieces. He's proven in the Premier League and would offer us something different going forward to what we have already got.

I know this isn't a rumour, but I couldn't think where else to put this. So there.

I'd like to see us sign Gylfi Sigurdsson. I think I'm right in saying we've been linked with him before, but I think we lack someone creative in central midfield and he offers real quality at set pieces. He's proven in the Premier League and would offer us something different going forward to what we have already got.

I know this isn't a rumour, but I couldn't think where else to put this. So there.

Sigurdsson and Drinkwater in his break-everything-up role would be a joy. If Swansea really start looking like they're down, we'd be smart to start talking to them.

I'd be pretty happy with Sigurdsson too and he's a realistic target. Always comes across as quite a combative midfielder too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669