Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be pretty happy with Sigurdsson too and he's a realistic target. Always comes across as quite a combative midfielder too.
I was trying to think of someone who would be a realistic target, who would add something to the squad. I know we're short at the back, but I think we are short in midfield too and he was the best (first) name I could come up with.

Sigurdsson and Drinkwater in his break-everything-up role would be a joy. If Swansea really start looking like they're down, we'd be smart to start talking to them.

But we need him in January and I do not see Swansea letting him go if they need him to stay up.

Would we let Schmeichel and Drinkwater or Mahrez go in January?

But we need him in January and I do not see Swansea letting him go if they need him to stay up.

We might let Vardy go.:p

No, but we will have Maty James back and he's our saviour. Maybe at some point even Mendy will play, even though everyone has already written him off

Our recruitment in the summer was clearly very poorly put together.

I hold absolutely no hope that January will be any better.

As for the fact that a 2 year crock like Matty James and a ghost like Andy King are actually near to the line-up, Baby Jesus wept.....

Our recruitment in the summer was clearly very poorly put together

No it wasn't. It was done exactly the same as previous seasons except with a higher budget. Every player except Kaputska was a long term target. The Kaputska deal was like the Benalouane punt the previous summer - a late Ranieri intervention to bolster numbers and options.

What we've done very poorly this year is properly integrate the new players into the group and that's largely because the established players have been dogshite.

No it wasn't. It was done exactly the same as previous seasons except with a higher budget. Every player except Kaputska was a long term target. The Kaputska deal was like the Benalouane punt the previous summer - a late Ranieri intervention to bolster numbers and options.

What we've done very poorly this year is properly integrate the new players into the group and that's largely because the established players have been dogshite.

Aye, very much this.

14 international caps and 3 goals for a well ranked team - can't be that far off imo.

Guarantee he'll go somewhere in Europe, be a hit and won't want to come back.

Whoever was scouting Musa needs more questions asking!

The Mercury saying the Kapuska was only 2 million up front. Are people still whinging?

Kaputska could well turn out to be another Kramaric, very good player but not cut out for Premier League football.

Kaputska could well turn out to be another Kramaric, very good player but not cut out for Premier League football.

We may never find out. At least Kramaric had a chance.

I know there are lots of examples of young footballers doing very well when thrust into the limelight of a Premier League team but there is an equal number of youngsters (if not more) who have been given everything far too early and have faltered as a result. Would Walcott, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Barkley, Wilshere etc... be better players now had they been given they been given the chance to settle into the league slowly? It's arguable I know but some might say the early successes they had which meant that they were starting every game with massive expectations upon them, may have been detrimental to the longevity of their careers or the reaching of their full potential.

Kapustka is 19 and perhaps being given time to get used to the intricacies of the English game before being pushed into a competitive match he isn't ready for. I know this is hearsay (possibly even bollocks) but I'm happy to wait for players to mature into the game properly if it means we see the best of them.

Both Vardy and Mahrez were both dogshite for at least the first 12 - 18 months they were playing for us, before they suddenly became good in their second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669