Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagu? Sound like he's pretty beefy but expensive and spends a lot of time on the massage table...

On Ulloa, other than schlupp i think he has been our worst performer when bought on as sub or playing in cups. Weak with his back to goal, slow of thought and movement and lacking real goal threat. Neither fish nor fowl as a striker for me and so without any comment as to his personality I would have taken £11m for him and spent my time bringing in someone who has some of the attributes he lacks.

I think we're right not to sell him to Sunderland. We do not want to make them any better than they are. However a panic bid of £10m plus from them may change my mind. The only other reason to sell him to them is so we can add an extra few million to a couple of bids for other players.

Khazri and Borini are available from Sunderland. Would we be interested in a swap and cash?

Ulloa's turned up for training. Well, gym work and physio in his case but obviously the rest of the squad aren't there. So he's at least looking after his recovery and honouring his contract at the same time.

I can't see us doing much at all now apart from this loan deal. Ramirez deal is supposedly dead, Anderlecht are holding out for a bigger price for Mbodji (plus Palace are also bidding for him). Seems like we're going in for low bids for expensive players. Maybe so they can say "well we tried but the clubs didn't want to sell".

So, apart from possibly Ulloa going, I think it will be a pretty quiet deadline day.

Khazri and Borini are available from Sunderland. Would we be interested in a swap and cash?

A packet of Monster Munch and £1.68? Sure.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned us not getting Snodgrass.

I was expecting us to put a bid in to be honest, but then again trying to sign decent proven Premier League players isn't really our thing.

Ulloa's turned up for training. Well, gym work and physio in his case but obviously the rest of the squad aren't there. So he's at least looking after his recovery and honouring his contract at the same time.

If he's refusing to ever play for us again he should be banned from the ground and have his money docked.

What do you think?

I haven't watched much of them. Borini had a good reputation a while back. Young, Italian, Winger or attacking midfielder might be worth bringing in as backup considering how badly Moyes wants Ulloa and Ulloa doesn't want us. We certainly need to strengthen the squad so if Ulloa goes it could be for Borini and cash.

I was expecting us to put a bid in to be honest, but then again trying to sign decent proven Premier League players isn't really our thing.
He's proven to be bottom of the table fodder and certainly no better than we we have.

He's proven to be bottom of the table fodder and certainly no better than we we have.

Well he'd be at the right place if we had signed him, seeing as we're also "bottom of the table fodder".

I'd have him ahead of all of our central midfielders.

This tweet made me chuckle...

We are looking for a driving instructor in Leicester with an automatic car to assist one of our players. Can anyone recommend? #lcfc

— Jon Sanders LCFC (@sando_lcfc) January 31, 2017

Wague perhaps? When he arrived his agent was driving.... or is that 2 +2 making twenty-twelve?

The Sky report said the club had been watching Wague for 3 years, and that it's not a "panic buy". Apparently, he's a good ball player and physically strong.

SCHLUPP STALLED JENKINSON DEAL

Carl Jenkinson's move from Arsenal to Crystal Palace stalled when he discovered Jeffrey Schlupp's wages, Sky sources understand.

A deal for Jenkinson to move to Selhurst Park permanently looked close to completion when Palace agreed a fee with the Gunners, but Sam Allardyce revealed negotiations with the player's agent were holding up the deal.

It is understood talks with Jenkinson were held up when the defender found out Palace were paying another January signing, Schlupp, £56,000 a week, with Jenkinson having been offered £35,000 a week to move to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669