Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not legally obliged to play him. We're not legally obliged to sell him. He's signed a contract, presumably with no gun to his head.

He can **** off and rot in the reserves for all I care.

We're not legally obliged to play him. We're not legally obliged to sell him. He's signed a contract, presumably with no gun to his head.

He can **** off and rot in the reserves for all I care.

And that helps us in what way, exactly ?

And that helps us in what way, exactly ?

Maybe it'll teach the rest that no one is bigger than the club. I hate how much power players have nowadays. West Ham should have done the same with Payet.

If we allow Ulloa to force his way out, it might encourage other players to do the same.

They might be on ludicrous sums of money but they're not slaves (hmmm, that metaphor didn't work...)

Anyways, point is, we know nothing of their personal situations and how circumstances change. If they want out then let them, so long as the financials can be worked out I see no value in the club forcing players to 'rot in the reserves'.

Just offer him a new

IMG_2569.JPG

He has obviously lost the old one. Unprofessional Leo. Very unprofessional.

He's not even 2nd choice.
He's now about Ranieri's fifth choice as a starting forward. I'm sure he didn't mind being a sub last season - but he's now consigned to coming on during the last 15-20 minutes of matches (if that) for a fairly hopeless side when we are one or two goals down and our only tactic is to hoof balls vaguely in the direction of the penalty area. A great player for us - unclear to me why anyone would begrudge him a move.

Amazes me how quickly people forget - and how personally they take rejection.

It was brilliant. Cool. Calm. Collected. Yesterday I was saying let the fella go if he wants to go. What he has done today however is childish and unprofessional. He has a contract with this club. He is not guaranteed a start. No one is. He has however been told he is wanted and part of our plans. That means knuckling down and being a 'professional' footballer.

If he is still unhappy, talk about it behind closed doors. Now if we let him go we are piss weak, and he has damaged his reputation. No one wins. His advisors are stupid.

unclear to me why anyone would begrudge him a move.

I don't think anyone's begrudging him a move. Some are rightly begrudging him throwing his toys out the cot and point blank refusing to play for the team who are paying him handsomely every week.

I don't think anyone's begrudging him a move. Some are rightly begrudging him throwing his toys out the cot and point blank refusing to play for the team who are paying him handsomely every week.
Yeah, I don't know. If we're in the middle of negotiations and just holding out for more money, trying to force it is a stupid thing to do (or someone should have kept him in the loop). If, on the other hand, he's been told that we won't let him go - contrary to Ranieri's explicit philosophy regarding players all along - I have some understanding for him. Anyway, based on what we know, I don't see it as a parallell case to Payet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669