Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how he was been treated, but for a guy that was there when needed last season and played his part it's a shame that it's come to this.

Personally think he's a very good player and would be a really shame to lose him.
I am quite sure Ulloa was never told he would be a first choice striker so would most often be coming off the bench rather than starting. Always a problem trying to keep a good second choice happy with limited starts.

I am quite sure Ulloa was never told he would be a first choice striker so would most often be coming off the bench rather than starting. Always a problem trying to keep a good second choice happy with limited starts.

He's not even 2nd choice.

Our only goal scorer has been away on international duty and he's hardly had a sniff.

I'd want out as well.

I like Leo but he is simply not good enough to be first choice. If he wants to go then let him. I hope we have someone in mind to replace him.

They ought let him go, even to a rival. The longer this goes on the more it effects everyone else.

It's a shame it's come to this but I have to say, given Ulloa's supposedly amiable nature, I think he has been treated poorly. CR has always said that if a player wants to go then he'll let him. Is Ranierri afraid of losing both Ulloa AND Slimani this window? Is that what's making them dig in over Ulloa?

Edit: just seen Ulloa speaking on SkySports. He clearly is very upset.

BN's conspiracy theories will go wild now.

I still doubt it's him tweeting but why should we be obliged to sell him below market value?

There's a non-sanctioned video interview with him saying the same on Sky Sports

We are makng a right feckin' shambles of everything, on and off the pitch

I can't see how the club are wrong in not pandering to a pouting footballer. He cost a lot of money. He's being paid big cashand if the club are paying him that to be a squad player that's how it is. I can understand him wanting to play but perhaps he needs to step his game up - surely displacing goalless Jamie can't be too hard.

On the plus aide (at least I hope it turns out to be a plus) I reckon we will be signing Ramirez. Karanka now doesn't care if he stays or not.

Or it restricts the mind games to two times in the year and assures teams aren't held to ransom at all times of the season.
Clubs are only held to ransom because of that restriction. Get rid of the restriction and there cannot be any ransom.

Clubs are only held to ransom because of that restriction. Get rid of the restriction and there cannot be any ransom.

Can't players refuse to play at any time?

On the plus aide (at least I hope it turns out to be a plus) I reckon we will be signing Ramirez. Karanka now doesn't care if he stays or not.

He's gone down the "100% staying" route and Rob Tanner thinks it's off, so I'm not convinced you are right.

Either way this is all very familiar to the 'can we buy a striker, any striker will do' nonsense of a year ago. Or the Adrian Silva saga in August.

He's gone down the "100% staying" route and Rob Tanner thinks it's off, so I'm not convinced you are right.

Either way this is all very familiar to the 'can we buy a striker, any striker will do' nonsense of a year ago. Or the Adrian Silva saga in August.

Because we are a little club.

Are you saying that you want a summer window only? It's an interesting idea, I saw Wenger proposing it a few weeks ago. Has its flaws, though

If you're suggesting unrestricted laissez-faire it sounds like a total nightmare to me

Are you saying that you want a summer window only? It's an interesting idea, I saw Wenger proposing it a few weeks ago. Has its flaws, though

If you're suggesting unrestricted laissez-faire it sounds like a total nightmare to me
no he's saying go back to the old system when the window shut in April

£7m is a fair offer. Personally I think we should let him go if we get anywhere close to the £8m we paid for him, he didn't get much game time even last season let alone this so can't see the sense in keeping a 30 yr old who is never going to be prolific sitting around on the bench.

You can understand Leo being miffed... other strikers being poor this season and not being given a real opportunity. Vardy is also 30.. he got the reward of a new 100k a week contract. Clearly Slimani coming in meant Leo's days were numbered, the fact that upgrade has been below expectations and a relegation rival want Ulloa has the club reluctant to sell.. or maybe just an attempt to drive up the price. Either way it's a shame it's come to this.

They have thin skins there then?
one or 2 of the mods do if you dare challenge their view with logic so they can't act all superior cus they have a mate at the Training Ground that gives them transfer info meaning they must know more about football than you

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69