Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be disappointed to see him go. Still not sure Slimani is that much of an upgrade. Maybe technically better but not sure he offers more to the team than Ulloa, and Ulloa has been a very good super sub for us.
I think he should be getting more game time, especially at the minute.

I'd rather have Bojan than Ramirez
I really like Bojan as a player and he's a more likeable character than Ramirez from what I've seen. However he gets injured a lot and I think Ramirez is more the sort of player we're lacking as a link between defence and attack.

I'd be happy with either of them.

Putting a transfer request is really means nothing doesn't it?

He wants to go but is contracted here. If we don't have an upgrade to sign then he stays. Maybe he'll be disgruntled, maybe not but it's not as though he's the starting striker anyway. If slim and Mahrez weren't away then we'd probably sell him.

He's been good for us, but he isn't able to get in the team and didn't get in that much as a starting striker last season before we broke our transfer record twice bringing in strikers.

It means he's not entitled to a settlement on his existing contract, AFAIK.

I think the way it sometimes works is players have a 'loyalty bonus' written into their contract, which they'd receive the full amount of if they're sold without asking for a transfer. So sometimes players will make it obvious they want to leave without making a formal transfer request, because they'll get more money that way.

I think the way it sometimes works is players have a 'loyalty bonus' written into their contract, which they'd receive the full amount of if they're sold without asking for a transfer. So sometimes players will make it obvious they want to leave without making a formal transfer request, because they'll get more money that way.

I imagine they don't lose out too much even when they put in a transfer request, as if it's with a move in mind they probably make that back in their signing fee with their new club.

My understanding was more that it's better for the selling club, as they then get to keep more of the transfer fee.

Ultimately though it doesn't make much difference I'd guess, because between the 3 parties - selling club, buying club, player - it probably all balances out between transfer fees, signing bonuses and loyalty bonus. They'll all be looking to recoup whatever money at some point of the deal.

If Bojan is available get him ourselves, exactly the type of player we are missing a proper no 10

I was thinking Bojan would be a good buy at £10m but if we signed him, we'd have to have a completely different approach although that may not be a bad thing.

About time we stopped sitting back so much against everyone and try and dictate the play in some games.

Worth a punt at £10m I say!

If Bojan is available get him ourselves, exactly the type of player we are missing a proper no 10
Hed still be the type of player we'd be missing if we signed him, at least 75% of the game anyway.

I'd be disappointed to see him go. Still not sure Slimani is that much of an upgrade. Maybe technically better but not sure he offers more to the team than Ulloa, and Ulloa has been a very good super sub for us.
I think he should be getting more game time, especially at the minute.
I think Leo is out of his depth to be honest Graz. When we bought him the club expectation was much lower than this season and next as no one could have predicted last season.

I think he is ok for a bottom 5 or 6 club player no direct football but I don't see him fitting in to our plans.

Slimani is class and I feel when he returns from the ACON we will see a better player and next season he will come into his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566