Neville Foulger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barber is better than Piper and Walsh I think it is fair to say but I would just want something better than all three of them. Perhaps Barber can improve. He does seem to get genuinely excited when Leicester do well and disappointed when they don't, but I agree he's not quite at the standard we would like at the moment. I think the people you have around you as co-commentators have a bearing and having Walsh and Piper drag him and the overall standard down considerably I feel. I would start with dispensing with mssrs Walsh & Piper for someone better and see if he improves.

Piper & Walsh have nothing to do with it, it doesn't matter who is there as summariser, Baabaa is just a shite commentator.

he should certainly aim to do better in future.

He should just f*ck off is what he should do

Piper & Walsh have nothing to do with it, it doesn't matter who is there as summariser, Baabaa is just a shite commentator.

He should just f*ck off is what he should do

so you don't think much to him then macky?

:098:plus barber actually supports the shaggers

I think the key issue is the standard of the commentary - which isn't good.

However, what I find is that even BBC 5 Live is a bit of a pain - the commentators may be much more professional & savvy - but the sound quality e.g. management of crowd noise is often very poor and makes it hard work to listen.

It's so rare you know what's going on on the pitch and sometimes it means I can hear attacks but don't know which side it is until afterwards.

ye he should actually commentate on the game, rather than have a chat with whoevers next to him

Barber is dire. Foulger was as bad in different ways.

Barber spent too much of his youth listening to Test Match Special commentaries about buses passing grounds. He's latched onto the cosiness of that approach and believes he can translate it to footy.

Two problems with this:

1. He's not got anything interesting or even vaguely poetic to say about anything.

2. Footy isn't dull as feck like cricket. Action constantly needs to be described.

I liked Foulger, would much rather listen to him than Barber any day of the week. Barber is a tosser. Fact.

I know I shouldn't advertise (or sam) but a:068:ctually Nev is back this week on foxpodder - we interviewed him after the Norwich game.

So you could remind yourself of how he sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669