New car advice - Kia Rio / Kia C'eed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Thinking of buying a new car, what are peoples thoughts on those mentioned, especially if you have/had one.

I am mainly doing to short distance driving from B.Leighs to Oadby, but it may change to Cov so motorway handling would be a bonus.

It's the 2008 Rio btw not the old model.

Danke

Oh and also, in the current financial climate do you think I could reasonably expect to barter them down a few grand on a 12k car, as they will be desperate for sales?

Last edited:
Thinking of buying a new car, what are peoples thoughts on those mentioned, especially if you have/had one.

I am mainly doing to short distance driving from B.Leighs to Oadby, but it may change to Cov so motorway handling would be a bonus.

It's the 2008 Rio btw not the old model.

Danke

Oh and also, in the current financial climate do you think I could reasonably expect to barter them down a few grand on a 12k car, as they will be desperate for sales?

You can barter down from list in any financial climate :)

Think it's the C'eed thats based on a golf so should be a reasonable motor albeit poorly finished but then you do get a 7 year warranty.

You can barter down from list in any financial climate :)

Think it's the C'eed thats based on a golf so should be a reasonable motor albeit poorly finished but then you do get a 7 year warranty.

The interior on the c'eed looks really smart in the photos, but need to see it in the flesh so to speak. I like the rio but it doesn't have an ipod connector :icon_wink

Think I'll get the optional cruise control with whichever I get to save my foot :icon_lol:

The interior on the c'eed looks really smart in the photos, but need to see it in the flesh so to speak. I like the rio but it doesn't have an ipod connector :icon_wink

Think I'll get the optional cruise control with whichever I get to save my foot :icon_lol:

I certainly wouldnt recommend having a factory fit ipod connector anyway, they are generally awful. I dont know the Kia one specifically but in general they can only play a few playlists and display no track names etc. No ability to select individul albums/tracks etc

I had a Harman Kardon kit installed for less than half the cost of the VW one which does everything you'd want as opposed to doing very little.

Last edited:
...in the current financial climate do you think I could reasonably expect to barter them down?

barter
verb transitive and intranstive
To trade goods or services without the exchange of money

I think you may need to haggle them down.

It'll not only save your foot. It can also help you avoid speeding tickets and help you to drive much more economically. I wouldn't want to be without one again.

I certainly wouldnt recommend having a factory fit ipod connector anyway, they are generally awful. I dont know the Kia one specifically but in general they can only play a few playlists and display no track names etc. No ability to select individul albums/tracks etc

I had a Harman Kardon kit installed for less than half the cost of the VW one which does everything you'd want as opposed to doing very little.

are they easy to fit and integrate, or do they look "external" if you get my meaning?

It'll not only save your foot. It can also help you avoid speeding tickets and help you to drive much more economically. I wouldn't want to be without one again.

Exactly, and for only £500 it's not that much extra over 4 years.

I usually call it Beaumont Fleas......

are they easy to fit and integrate, or do they look "external" if you get my meaning?

Quite simple for someone who knows what they are doing. You could get it done for £120 including all the bits. It fits in very nicely, connect ipod in the glove box

Quite simple for someone who knows what they are doing. You could get it done for £120 including all the bits. It fits in very nicely, connect ipod in the glove box

Yeah just had a look at their website, that does look a smart piece of kit. Initially I thought they had attached the controller to the gearstick!

Am going to look at them on Saturday after golf so will see which I prefer. I have seen the C'eed offered new for £10k online so I don't see why the dealer can't do it for say £9800 which is within my budget(ish).

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46